Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
livinded

Starting a Radio show

14 posts in this topic

Well i decided i'd look into starting a radio show after see that most of these shows talk about a lot of the same stuff though i can understand why that is becuase there is just so much new information to cover. That is why for my show though i will cover a lot of the same stuff; news, read emails/answer questions ect. the main topic in the show will be taken from listeners suggestions. I'm hoping that i can do a show weekly but i was wondering if anyone was interested in hosting with me and what the community thought of my idea. I don't want to create just another show that does what all the otehrs do.

LOL forgot the topics that will be covered... Phreaking, hacking, technology in general, security, maybe some political stuff depending on whats happening, hardware, software, General computer topics, ect.

Edited by livinded

Tip: Unless something big happens, stay away from politics or make it the sole focus of your show. If you try to cover tech and politics, politics will take it over. Look what happened to Off The Hook. Either decide to focus solely on politics (like The Mind War), or try to avoid politics. Esp. if you have a co-host, as you'll just end up debating some political point for the whole show and never get to that wireless hacking thing you planned on. Just some advice.

The Abstruse One

i really don't want to do a politics show but like i would like to talk about a bill or some important document that might affect people.

Or you can do both and just have a button called a fuck you button. Let me explain. If your co-host starts debating bout politics with you just hit the FUB and he will be silent. The Fuck You Button just disconnects the co-hosts mike or whatever he is using to communicate. It works. Trust me.

g 2.0

That's what i do. When ever Droops want to talk about politics, I hit him his a double headed dildo

Has any used the software called "Pirate Radio" to broadcast? If so, how is it?

That's what i do. When ever Droops want to talk about politics, I hit him his a double headed dildo

You have a double headed dildo just lying around???

g 2.0

yes I do. And I get them at a site called divine-interventions.com

WARNING

don't go to this site unless you have can take offensive shit.

I've heard of it. But never needed to use it. Why not just use Shotcast Server?

Tip: Dont think it'll be easy, it wont, the first few eps are probibly going to suck, dont worry about it. The hardest part getting a show into production is getting over the 'what if this sucks' factor. The best advice I can give you to overcome this is to just say 'who the fuck cares?! It's MY show! I'll do as I damn well please' and dive right in. That's what I have to do. It aint easy. Good Luck, and post a link and shit once it's in production B)

think i have seen it.... pretty ironic that you have to pay for a piece of software with the word "pirate" in it

Same thing happened with us at Nextbox gamer radio. The first few episodes sucked. We didnt have much fun then. But then we became more relaxed and learned how to improve the show and it was much better.

thanks for the info and i'm still looking for a cohost, i've had a couple people contact me about hosting but non have them have kept in contact if anyone else is interested please contact me asap. aim: LIVINDED or on the forum. or email me at th3j0k3r@gmail.com

Edited by livinded