White_Raven

Binrev bandwidth?

7 posts in this topic

A while back stank was going ballistic on irc because his logs for requests got over like 20 gigs or something due to the massive amounts of bandwidth being used for hacktv and binrev; Just wondering, but what ARE the official stats on this?

I had to enabled limitations on the number of allowed connections from a single ip on my mirror to disallow one person from taking all my network resources, but from what I understand about the host for binrev stank does not have that kind of control, so I am wondering what some of the stats for downloads, bandwidth used and such are.

From what little I got on the irc its massive, but I believe that if its publicly known just how much is used, maybe others will pitch in and help with bandwidth so stank does not have to worry about 20gig log files at the end of the week, or a huge bill for extra gigs of bandwidth.

So stank give us some numbers, please?

Personally I have always been hesitant about giving out bandwidth limits for sites I host at least publicly since it lets people know exactly how easy it would be / what kind of resources they need to take a site offline / make you pay extra.

Yes it is security by obscurity, but in this context I there is nothing wrong with that.

DOS attacks do not just happen to the big names such as Yahoo, and Microsoft, they happen to security news websites, http://computercops.biz/article5067.html and cable modem users http://techupdate.zdnet.com/techupdate/sto...S_attacks_.html

I am not asking for his bandwidth cap, I am just interested in how many people have downloaded binrev/hacktv since I run a mirror myself and have a small part of the numbers (In fact I was asked what they where by stank), and thought if it was public knowledge just how active it is, it would bring in some more people who can help make it better; I am not asking about limits or cost, I am asking about stats and the general public interest; IMHO, Asking how many times a file has been downloaded is not like asking for the upper limit of a allocated bandwidth quota.

Well im a mirror and well its about 30-45 gb of downloads on hacktv.

And talking about bandwidth my site is down well probably for 30 more min.

I usually go over previous months statss on the radio show at the beginning of each month. This week I will do exactly that. It was a HUGE jump and that is not counting all of the great mirrors. :)

Well im a mirror and well its about 30-45 gb of downloads on hacktv.

And talking about bandwidth my site is down well probably for 30 more min.

From my logs, I push out about a average of 833.5 megs a day; the server always has at least 1 person downloading something, usually hacktv dixv edition.

Stank; cool, that is just was asking for.