Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indexphinger

I'm bored...

27 posts in this topic

What are some good places/numbers to call?

I used to call the operators all over the place just to blow some time...

:P

Not any pranking bullshit like motel 6, people who'll talk or numbers that I can phreak around in.

Edited by IndexPhinger

Not any pranking bullshit like motel 6, people who'll talk or numbers that I can phreak around in.

Jesus Fucking Christ, people still call Motel 6??

Anyway, answer to you question - Scan. Pick a block, and scan.

Disclaimer: Scanning may or may not be illegal where you live, so don't do it.

EDITED

Edited by Royal

XXX-XXX-XXXX extension XXXX* is the new socal number, its supposed to be secret though. ;)

This is spam! It's strongly against the rules here! Here is the proof: http://www.myownfreeconference.com/

You're spamming this number around because you want to get enough traffic to support this so-called "partyline." Binrev is not the place to do that, and we all know it's not a new number to this so-called "socal." You should be banned, and probably will be! The last post with this number was removed for a reason! You've already broken the rules twice.

he just offered me a diverter number in exchange for sauce on my pic (4chan slang for the orignal if you didnt get it)

Sure it is. That's propaganda, fake news, put out by LE (law enforecement) hoping to curtail calling numbers in sequential order.

Here's proof :

IF it were illegal anywhere, how could businesses like Gallop Poll stay in business? They and people like them ALL call numbers in sequential order... I know, I've worked in the industry. So, if it's illegal in some places, WHY are they never busted? Do they have a "special license" which exempts them? No, I looked around plenty while working at these places and talked to my bosses and there's no "special anything" that lets them do this - they can simply do it because it's LEGAL. No one can outlaw a business doing their work, so that's why it'll never be illegal.

It's all propaganda.

Frankly, no offense if I'm way off here, but since YOU'RE promoting this notion, you may be LE yourself, either that or a gullible hacker. Again, I meant no offense, but LE do sometimes come on sites like this.

Sure it is. That's propaganda, fake news, put out by LE (law enforecement) hoping to curtail calling numbers in sequential order.

Number one, it was a joke. <_<

Here's proof :

IF it were illegal anywhere, how could businesses like Gallop Poll stay in business? They and people like them ALL call numbers in sequential order... I know, I've worked in the industry. So, if it's illegal in some places, WHY are they never busted? Do they have a "special license" which exempts them? No, I looked around plenty while working at these places and talked to my bosses and there's no "special anything" that lets them do this - they can simply do it because it's LEGAL. No one can outlaw a business doing their work, so that's why it'll never be illegal.

It's all propaganda.

That's not proof, it's something you are saying.

Wardialing without the intent to communiacte is illegal in Pennsylvania and Colorado Springs, Colorado. There may also be laws other places. Do phone pollsters have a special license? Nope, they have the intent to communicate.

Frankly, no offense if I'm way off here, but since YOU'RE promoting this notion, you may be LE yourself, either that or a gullible hacker. Again, I meant no offense, but LE do sometimes come on sites like this.

Maybe you should take a look at my member number and my join date.

Edited by decoder

Here's proof :

It's all propaganda.

Wardialing without the intent to communiacte is illegal in Pennsylvania and Colorado Springs, Colorado. There may also be laws other places. Do phone pollsters have a special license? Nope, they have the intent to communicate.

Maybe I'm law enforcement :P

hehehehhe you never know with people nowawdays.

Here's proof :

It's all propaganda.

Quote :

"Wardialing without the intent to communiacte is illegal in Pennsylvania and Colorado Springs, Colorado. There may also be laws other places. Do phone pollsters have a special license? Nope, they have the intent to communicate."

My reply :

They have intent to communicate? It's going to be nearly impossible for someone else to prove I, for example, didn't intend to communicate unless they were mind readers and caught me thinking "I'm just calling to see what this number goes to", or if they had a video cam going in my home and caught me calling from a scan list. Since neither of these 2 scenarios is going to happen, it's highly unlikely anyone will ever know why you're calling some number.

Quote :

"Maybe you should take a look at my member number and my join date."

My reply :

That means nada. I've personally read a few news articles that talked about people, including law enforcement, who have been infiltrating hacker sites by getting an account and posting like they're "one of them" for years. In fact, one guy I recall off the top of my head has been doing this on carding sites since 2001 and is still there among them today. They were quoted as saying they spend so long at it so they'll appear convincingly as one of them plus it has the added benefit of being able to establish long term trust among those they seek to capture (cause they more someone trusts you and the longer they feel they can trust you, the more they'll reveal about what they do that's illegal since they'll feel comfortable saying to someone who is a "long term, well known user"). So, length of time on a site means nada.

Btw, about the comment saying you could be LE, I decided since then you probably aren't. Just clearing that up.

Btw, about the comment saying you could be LE, I decided since then you probably aren't. Just clearing that up.

Oh yeah? You decided? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm pretty sure most people here decided much stuff about you as well. ;)

So this is quickly becoming a very fail argument.

totallyAunti: Your entire argument has switched from saying 'exchange scanning isn't illegal anywhere' to 'sure, its illegal in some places, but they can't prove anything' Your argument is fail, sir.

And just a quick note: Calling other users law enforcement officers is a sure-fire way to get on people's bad side, especially when they've got a much better rep than yourself.

To keep it on topic: 303-499-7111

There's always the PLA, if you're truly bored.

No comment on the legality of a couple of the things they've done over there, though ;)

totallyAunti: Your entire argument has switched from saying 'exchange scanning isn't illegal anywhere' to 'sure, its illegal in some places, but they can't prove anything' Your argument is fail, sir.

And just a quick note: Calling other users law enforcement officers is a sure-fire way to get on people's bad side, especially when they've got a much better rep than yourself.

bip-bip-bip this is WWV.... :P I love that thing, I should write a little script that calls and sets my clock over the modem.

:)

Actually you've assumed I've switched my opinion that scanning wasn't illegal to thinking it is in some places.

What I was doing was presenting some evidence that, since he was insisting it was illegal in some places, that it wouldn't matter anyway since they can't prove anything. In other words, it was my way of saying "If you're thinking it's illegal in some places, then here's why you won't get aught anyway."

I still say it's not illegal anywhere.

Frankly, if someone is concerned they'll get busted, they are ways to avoid this like by not using any phone to scan from that can be tracked back to you.

Actually you've assumed I've switched my opinion that scanning wasn't illegal to thinking it is in some places.

What I was doing was presenting some evidence that, since he was insisting it was illegal in some places, that it wouldn't matter anyway since they can't prove anything. In other words, it was my way of saying "If you're thinking it's illegal in some places, then here's why you won't get aught anyway."

I still say it's not illegal anywhere.

Frankly, if someone is concerned they'll get busted, they are ways to avoid this like by not using any phone to scan from that can be tracked back to you.

guys, I asked for cool numbers, not Rhetoric, :)

I'll give you a number that you can call until you are blue in the face. It's the number for a d-bag that I know. :P

bip-bip-bip this is WWV.... :P I love that thing, I should write a little script that calls and sets my clock over the modem.

I just phoned that number (im in the UK and dialled 0013034997111 - i think thats how to do it) and got a few beeps a second apart. What is it?

I just phoned that number (im in the UK and dialled 0013034997111 - i think thats how to do it) and got a few beeps a second apart. What is it?

It's "coordinated universal time". The NIST is who made this, physics laboratory, time and frequency division.

Anyway, listen to it for the whole thing, which makes takes 2 minutes. After the beep beeps, it'll say "At the tone, 1 hour 50 minutes, coordinated universal time" (or whatever time it is when you call it). Then it beeps again some more for a while, then it repeats the time thing and continues to beep some more. Then it'll finally hang up. Though once in a while near the end you'll hear some weird forecast or weather conditions of some sort (don't know why though).

For more info, see their 2 pages below :

WWVB Radio Controlled Clocks

NIST Telephone Time-of-Day Service

More on time at their site :

Set Your Computer Clock to NIST Time

The Official U.S. Time

This last one is a ticking clock with the current date, you have to first select the part of the country you want.

Edit : I almost forgot this link of theirs :

NIST Radio Station WWVB

NIST radio station WWVB is located on the same site as WWV near Fort Collins, Colorado. The WWVB broadcasts are used by millions of people throughout North America to synchronize consumer electronic products like wall clocks, clock radios, and wristwatches. In addition, WWVB is used for high level applications such as network time synchronization and frequency calibrations.

Edited by totallyAunti

P.S. I just updated my list for :

NIST Internet Time Servers

Thanx for bringing up "What is it?". Now my list is updated. B)

Call the Vatican switchboard at +39.06.6982 and see if you can SE the Pope's personal phone number.

(Well, you did say you were bored!)

And then there's the NIST in Hawaii (same as 303-499-7111), which is :

(808) 335-4363 for WWVH (Hawaii)

Call the Vatican switchboard at +39.06.6982 and see if you can SE the Pope's personal phone number.

(Well, you did say you were bored!)

@totallyAunti

Thanks for the explanation. I would call it for longer but i have no idea how much the call would cost and i'm using my company phone. Dont wanna get it taken away from me ^_^

Maybe it's time i invested some energy in asterisk and a good provider.

@totallyAunti

Thanks for the explanation. I would call it for longer but i have no idea how much the call would cost and i'm using my company phone. Dont wanna get it taken away from me ^_^

Maybe it's time i invested some energy in asterisk and a good provider.

Maybe you should B) .

"Colorado Springs, Colorado"? That's pretty specific, man.

I was in the Springs when that went into effect. No one ever got busted as far as I know. We got lots of those nice notices from USWEST though. :)