Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StankDawg

DEFCON 16 LIVE THREAD!

16 posts in this topic

I am unpinning the Defcon planning thread and pinning this one for people to post the Defcon news as it happens. What presentations are good? What ones are bad? Naked chix0rs at the pool? anyone kicked out? drunk? dead? Elvis weddings? Post it here from the LIVE WEEKEND!

HAY BINREV CREW!

I'm heading out tomorrow morning at 3 AM, should be in Vegas by noonish. Now, I'm not positive on my sleeping situation (as the plans made might not go through, who knows), so if anyone might have a place for me to crash, could you drop me a PM with your #?

Thanks!

Hay! I'm heading out tonight, should be there around 9-10 PM.

I left Washington around 6pm on Wednesday and made it into Vegas around noon. When I got to the Riviera to checkin, the line for the decon badge reached all the way to the area that the they sold the badges at last year. This year they sold them in the area right before the CTF room. When I was walking pas them,they hadn't even started selling them yet at noon-1ish. I walked down there a few minutes after 2pm and they had already sold out of the pre registration badges....

So I hope they have them tomorrow morning... I'll make sure to get some pics. The swag this year looks pretty cool.

EDIT

Here is some pics I took of the DefCon stickers, my temp badge, and the cd.

th_HPIM1320.jpg

th_HPIM1322.jpg

th_HPIM1324.jpg

Edited by xof7

the badges got stuck in customs, they should be replacing them today.

Is there any chance that someone can grab some extra stuff for the dawg to mail to me later? I know badges are not an option, but a program/comic and an extra sticker might be grabbable. ;)

I'll send you a program and other shit.

BUTTASS NAKED BITCHES AT THE POOL,

BUTTASS NAKED BITCHES AT THE POOL,

RIGHT NOW ?!?!?!

I'm heading to Zero_Chaos and Mister_X's talk on some wifi stuff then I'm going to head over to Ne0nR4in's talk.

Thanks xof7 for that clear picture of your badge. I was able to decode the data matrix barcode from that image. :)

The unfortunate thing was I decoded it with a program. I came across the program when I was searching for some free documentation on the data matrix encryption. Unfortunately I yet to find free documentation. I believe the ISO/IEC16022—International Symbology Specification covers the data matrix. If anyone has a spare pdf of one of those lying around <_< or can offer any kind of help, can you pm me or just post in this thread?

Here is what the badge says.

I lost my program and my stickers, but I have an extra Defcon 16 hotel room key and I think I still have some stickers left from winning in CTF.

I believe the ISO/IEC16022—International Symbology Specification covers the data matrix. If anyone has a spare pdf of one of those lying around <_< or can offer any kind of help, can you pm me or just post in this thread?

http://www.libdmtx.org - Linux Encode/Decode library with demo applications.

http://www.upu.int/document/2005/an/cep_gn_ep_3-3/d009.pdf - Whilst not a true definition of DataMatrix, its extremely close. The official one is very expensive.

Cheers,

Mungewell.

PS. Do ya think I think DataMatrix is cool...?

Any one else get one of these pendants (at the Toxic BBQ or later)

gallery_7512_85_4261.jpg

Guessing that it's an RFID which was used for tracking, so about to cut it open.

Munge

Can you post a pic? I'm not sure what your talking about.