Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dexterous

netbios administration

5 posts in this topic

are there any programs out there taht can be used to see what files are in use by a remote computer, and it's ip address? and posibly be able to disconnect the user or close the file handle?

If you are using Windows 2k/xp/2k3 you can right click "my computer" -> choose "shares" -> "shared folders". It will show you what files are remotely open. If you go select the "sessions" folder you can disconnect the session. Not sure about linux (smb). I'm sure there is a command line utility that is part of the smb software.

If you are using Windows 2k/xp/2k3 you can right click "my computer" -> choose "shares" -> "shared folders". It will show you what files are remotely open. If you go select the "sessions" folder you can disconnect the session. Not sure about linux (smb). I'm sure there is a command line utility that is part of the smb software.

Not to be picky .... But in the folder "open files" in aforementioned folder "shared folders" is where you can find the files that are in use ... and you can disconnect them to ...

Sorry couldn't resist :roll:

excellent, thanks

Not to be picky .... But in the folder "open files" in aforementioned folder "shared folders" is where you can find the files that are in use ... and you can disconnect them to ...

Sorry couldn't resist :roll:

haha... thanks. Should have checked before posting.