Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ranleyos

Need Domain Reporting Application

3 posts in this topic

Anyone know of a good application to scan a domain and export some sort of report with username /machine id? I'm essentially using a ping-based app that is really slow and looking for some suggestions.

Thanks

Not sure what you are looking to find out here. If you want to find out which computers are active on the network then nmap may be the best tool to use. If all the computers are on a local network you can run it with the -T 5 command line option to speed up the process, though it isn't as reliable or stealthy. The -R command line option will always try to resolve the hostname. To output to a file you can use -oN -oX -oG -oA for normal, xml, or grepable, or all formats.

If you are looking more for something that gives you a report on AD statistics. Try out AD reports for sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/adreports/

It is very easy to use and can give you some useful info on the status of your AD.

Are you trying to find all users logged into all machines on the domain?

If so and you can get a list of all machines - net view >output.txt perhaps?

You can then create a batch that pings each machine once, if it replies issues the command wmic /node:computername computersystem get username and writes the results to an output text file.

This is somewhat messy way of doing it I suppose, I'm sure there's a cleaner way to do it using AD directly but I've gone this route successfully in the past