Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sagarun

Where can i find good dictionary for bruteforce

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need a good dictionary for bruteforce attack, please give me some links..i searched for dictionary but can't find a good one...

Here is a great list of different types of dictionaries

http://www.theargon.com/achilles/wordlists/

and the mother of all dictionaries

The Argon List

Although i believe i've seen programs that will generate brute force dictionaries. You just input the password size range and the character set and it will build a dictionary. For instance if you put in 3 as the password size with loweralpha-numeric charset it would make a dictionary like

aaa

aab

aac

maybe someone should make this a programming challenge under the prog/code section. :)

maybe someone should make this a programming challenge under the prog/code section. :)

That would be a good beginner's challenge. This was one of my first projects, I may still have the program laying around...

That would be a good beginner's challenge. This was one of my first projects, I may still have the program laying around...

I have a couple laying around that I used for an engine on my old DES brute forcer. One generates random strings with a max length of 12 chars if I remember correctly. Another generates strings of exactly the desired length and composition (a-z,0-9,A-Z) and yet another does it, as has been suggested, sequentially.

Since this was all in perl and took a negligible amount of time to throw together variations, I just ran different versions of the keyblock generators in tandem in the code, so the wordlist was generated on the fly using one of the three potential variations mentioned, and would continue to chew away at the ciphertext, prompting you to continue every 15,000 strings or so.