Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Demonic_angel

Burning Problem

16 posts in this topic

I have an avi (or fxg.avi if that makes a difference) video file I am trying to burn to a disk. I used Im TOO avi to DVD converter. It burned it to my disk but left out 30 min of video. Any Idea why it would do this?

The disc is 4.7 gig. It burnt only 2.1 gig. There is plenty of space on the disc which is why I am still confused about this.

The disc is 4.7 gig. It burnt only 2.1 gig. There is plenty of space on the disc which is why I am still confused about this.

Maybe you should first convert it to hard disk ... Then copy it on DVD ?

Sorry but I have only been doing this for kinda thing for about a week. When you say convert it to hard disk, do you mean from avi to FAT32 to dvd? Or something else?

Sorry but I have only been doing this for kinda thing for about a week. When you say convert it to hard disk, do you mean from avi to FAT32 to dvd? Or something else?

Save the conversion to a file on the hard disk, then use that file to burn the DVD.

Ok, sounds good. You know a good avi converter? I am googling now.

The one I have only converts and writes at same time.

Edit: Never mind. Suggestions are still welcome, but I just found the right button to convert it and save to the HD.

I swear, sometimes I wonder how I get anything done. -_-

Edited by Demonic_angel

Check out www.vcdhelp.com it should have multiple step-by-step guides on format conversion. I recall something about a 2gb limit but I think thats if you want to convert DVD to avi and then burn the file onto a DVD for some players that can read avi files directly so it shouldn't apply in your case.

Sorry I can't be of more help I have the TV connected to the PC so generally I just convert DVD to AVI and keep them on the hard disc.

I have had good success with ConvertXToDVD. But there are literally 100 other programs that do the same thing (or the same thing in reverse).

I have converted to disk and if this don't help I will look into some of the suggested programs.

Thanks for the help.

-Demonic Angel-

theres a good program called Total video2dvd that does pretty much very format. and allow you to add menus and Chapters.

Find and get Nero 8 Ultimate. It includes Nero Vision 5 which does a good job at turning avi (MPEG4) to DVD (MPEG2), and will make a nice image file and custom menus. The newest thing in Video transcoding.

Hey all,

I didn't want to start another thread so here we go.

I have Windows Xp Pro SP2 image file. The guy I got it from said to use Nero to burn it.

I have Nero 7 Ultra Edition to burn it with. I had a failed burn the first time. I tried to burn it as regular data before I saw it was an image file (iso).

The next time I got to the file and open it.

It opens with Nero in a Burn compilation window. It says waiting for device to be ready. It has stayed that way for over an hour. Any ideas what is wrong?

All I want to do is burn this so I can install it on another a computer.

Edit:\ CD rom drive is broken will have to get new one.

Thanks for advice.

Edited by Demonic_angel