Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jripper

DVD Video help

5 posts in this topic

I have been backing up my video collection and some of the videos I have are TV shows like I have "House" (idk why i like it) any how I backed them up to my computer and they are in AVI or WMP or something to that effect and are about 400MB a piece, now I want to burn them to a back up DVD I have so I can store and catalog them. But I also want to be able to stick them in my DVD player at my house if something happens to my originals. I'm a n00b at DVD burning except for basic mass storage, I have DVD-R's. Now I have lost a few of the originals DVD's due to little brothers and them not being able to not touch lolz. So first

1. I need a free program to help. I have god forbid Vista, so I have by default

A. Windows DVD Maker

B. Windows Movie Maker (I already have the movies so not really relevant that I know of)

C. Disk Creator

D. DVD Movie Factory for Toshiba

2. I will need a step by step Tutorial or someone to please explain in detail for my very special self.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ripper

You can re-encode your divx movies into something readable with SUPER.

you could try burning them with a ashampoo burning studio (try getting off a torrent site)...lool i burned hitman and takedown on 2 different DVD'S and they work.....on most dvd's including my ps2..

My process is this:

Rip DVD (if needed)

DVDFab or DVDXCopy - Both are good, I use DVDFab as it easily will rip a dvd and also split a large dvd into two separate segments so you could burn a dual-layer 8GB DVD to two single-layer 4.7GB DVDs. The only hang up with ripping DVDs is that the encryption on the DVDs change every so often, so in order to rip dvds you have to download updates to your software every so ofter.

Burn Media

I personally, use AVI2DVD, which is a free program and it work pretty well for most cases. You could also use an application like Nero (a part of Nero is specifically for creating DVDs

Other Options

Some dvd players actually support windows media types of formats (*.wma, *.avi) and will play the files if you just burn them as a data DVD. This is a good option if you are looking to simply back up your files form your hard drive. However, this of course, will lack the niceties of having a menu.

Another good resource is to look at www.vcdhelp.com. There is an abundant amount of information there. And you can get a good feel for a wide array of software solutions from freeware to commercially available products.

Good luck

-r

i prefer dvd decrypter for ripping a dvd and ashampoo or nero for burning