Followers 0
M14me

Good resource to learn HTML

11 posts in this topic

Good online resource to learn HTML?

Need one.

Thank you

Is note pad a plain text editor?

If it is ,is it the one I should use?If not what should I use?

The site im learning from says"You can easily edit HTML files using a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor like FrontPage or Dreamweaver, instead of writing your markup tags in a plain text file.

However, if you want to be a skillful Web developer, we strongly recommend that you use a plain text editor to learn your primer HTML."

Would these be the types talked abut in the first paragraph?

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

http://www.vim.org/

And because I want to be skillfull I should use notepad?

Yes, basically. WYSIWYG editors are the option for pussies. Notepad or Notepad++ will be fine.

wysiwyg editors allow you to create a web page like a word document. click here, type something, drag a picture in, kinda stuff.

notepad or notepad++ are great.

And because I want to be skillfull I should use notepad?

Basically the idea of being more, " skillful " for using notepad is that you're able to do something without pretty colors and syntax notices.

While pretty colors seperating things and syntax notices and all that stuff is helpful it's like having a teacher over your shoulder saying, " DO THIS! OKAY, NOW DO THIS! NOPE, YOU CANT DO IT THAT WAY DO IT THIS WAY! " and well, while that gets the job done you dont really learn as much as you should as through the whole trial and error process.

I learned html from www.webmonkey.com over 10 years ago, I assume the info there is still useful. wysiwyg editors are ok as long as you understand the code they generate. For example I will use NVU to draw up tables as manually typing them can get annoying. Just never ever ever use front page for anything, especially front page extensions.