Daniel3

A good second Language

54 members have voted

1. 1. where do ya fit in?

• White hat
    • Black Hat
    • Gray Hat
    • I don't wear any fukking hats.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

Please explain which language would be next best to learn. I already know C++. Sorry if I left any other languages out but I can't think of anything else right now. I am getting into hacking so which language would be best for hacking?

Concurrency is the future. Explore languages that have strong built-in support for concurrency. I'd recommend Erlang or Limbo. Erlang is the more practical language, but Limbo has its up-sides, namely Inferno, the virtual machine it uses.

It all depends on what type of vulnerabilities you want to find/exploit. If you're doing classical exploitation (buffer overflows, format string vulns, integer overflows, etc.), then C + assembly is what's best. If you're doing web-based exploits, then C#, PHP, and Perl.

Perl is great if you want to learn something a little different and have fun doing it. I've been using it for only two weeks, and its flexibility and power has made it my favorite language to code in.

WHY is everyone voting PERL??

This is so wrong!

sooooo

sooooo

wrong.

By knowing C++ you already nearly know C. So, it isn't a choice.

As chazzer said it's according to what you want to hack, in addition to what he said Java is very powerful in web-based solutions.

This is so wrong!

sooooo

sooooo

wrong.

.. but it feels so right. B)

This is so wrong!

sooooo

sooooo

wrong.

.. but it feels so right. B)

Only if you're not reading it!

It all depends on what type of vulnerabilities you want to find/exploit. If you're doing classical exploitation (buffer overflows, format string vulns, integer overflows, etc.), then C + assembly is what's best. If you're doing web-based exploits, then C#, PHP, and Perl.

I plan on doing web hacking.

Learn HTML

Learn HTML

I already know HTML.