jada64

Apple II plus

14 posts in this topic

Well i came across an apple II plus with a moniter, it works but what can i actually do?

Learn 6502 assembly and play Oregon Trail.

You could obtain terminal emulator software for it and connect it to a *nix machine. I don't know about the II+, but IIRC, the Apple II was a caps-only machine, so that might make things difficult. I guess it would depend on the terminal emulator.

Oh, those 6th grade memories.

oh how I miss my apple II. both of them. well, one was a IIgs, but that's neither here nor there.

:rock: eff tee double-ewe.

considering the amazing amounts of boards that ran off apple IIs during the 80s, I would totally consider setting up a dial-in BBS like we haven't had in.. a billion years. it would be really rewarding to see, and if you still reminisce about those days, it might be a lot of fun. one of the most noteable Apple ][ boards: the metal shop BBS, host to phrack magazine.

if all else fails though, holy sh*t, install terrapin, the geometric/mathematic logo-esque program that totally rocked my world when I was a little kid. a link to a Terrapin LOGO programming page

:ninja: alienbinary :ninja:

Hell Ya

I am building a custom desk for all my apple II stuff and also going to buy some more on ebay.

These are some real nice machines with lots of software,options and are a big part of our history.

Still have the dialer program that I wrote.

Gonna be great for some more prank calls.

"Wake up fucker... 1982 is calling.. we want the airwaves"

Happy summer all

Hehe I remember playing Oregon Trail... never played it on an Apple though, it was on my old windows box.

if all else fails though, holy sh*t, install terrapin, the geometric/mathematic logo-esque program that totally rocked my world when I was a little kid. a link to a Terrapin LOGO programming page

I can't tell you how many hours I spent doing that in computer lab.

Remove the HDD and try installing the OS from anther machine onto the hard drive.

Get a cable and install the OS from a desktop on to that HDD and then plug it in, see if it boots.

Download from the Microsoft site the install from floppies and then it will recognise USB CD/DVD drives to install the OS from CD.

Must it be Linux? Try them all, if nothing works consider a hardware problem.

But even not getting into/PW for BIOS is weird.

EDIT - sometimes if you remve the HDD, they auto boot from USB, but not all.

EDIT x2 http://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32402

sry

Edited by Swerve

Remove the HDD and try installing the OS from anther machine onto the hard drive.

Get a cable and install the OS from a desktop on to that HDD and then plug it in, see if it boots.

Download from the Microsoft site the install from floppies and then it will recognise USB CD/DVD drives to install the OS from CD.

Must it be Linux? Try them all, if nothing works consider a hardware problem.

But even not getting into/PW for BIOS is weird.

EDIT - sometimes if you remve the HDD, they auto boot from USB, but not all.

EDIT x2 http://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32402

sry

A. Microsoft? Are you serious?

B. Why the pointless link?

You have died of dysentery!

But aside from heading down nostalgia lane and playing games, I didn't find much worthwhile to do with the one I obtained from my school district. I think it is currently sitting next to the old NeXt computer in the basement making dust bunnies.

I can't tell you how many hours I spent doing that in computer lab.

when i was in elementary school we had some old apple somethings. i forget. my memories are fuzzy. but i do remember oregon trail and how i found great pleasure in shooting helpless buffalo. oregon trail was like grand theft auto for 6 year olds.