Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GIJoe

Huge working BlackBerry

10 posts in this topic

Thought this was pretty cool. From DailyPhreak:

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2006/06/02/001832/

bigbb3.jpg

I was surfing through Flickr earlier today, checking out some of my friend’s images and then I stumbled across… what can only be described as the world’s biggest BlackBerry. Oh, and it actually works, too.

Apparently this BlackBerry resides in the Nextel store at the Las Vegas Convention Center Monorail Station. Of course, only in Vegas would you find something like this. Kind of gives new meaning to the term “mobile device” doesn’t it?

(More pics through the link)

There is also a podcast called Mobile Computing Authority, and they interviewed the guy who made it: Episode 005

[it's from ~00:50 to ~13:25]

ooh the fun i could have with that. I might end up getting kicked out of the store.

holy crackberries batman! that's huge. :blink::blink:

i cant wait to go to vegas and play with that this summer!!!!!!!!!

yeah, i definately see some fun video footage for hackTV coming from defcon this year! :D

strom, drive to vegas and call tada-lol from that :)

Yea, one of the questions that first came to me is how they would stop "abuse" of the unit. You have to consider there has to be a considerable percentage of users of the huge BlackBerry that are technically inclined enough to think of this themselves. As soon as a number was called or an email sent, at least someone would have what they needed to send something inbound.

So I guess the question is: They said this was just a standard BlackBerry blown up, so how could they filter it? Is it possible to filter email on a BlackBerry server so it never reaches the device? Or, is there just someway to mask your email address when you send an email from the BlackBerry?

This is even better than the Treo Cake :)

more25.JPG

Update:

I just found what Natas has sex with:

berrymascot.JPG

And yes, it would be awesome if they could get it working with a person inside :)

natas, would it be possible for me to have sloppy seconds? thanks in advance. :blush: