Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
natas

Whats Up With Conferences?

33 posts in this topic

Whats the deal with conferences? Summer is here, for most people anyways, which means there should be some conferences. I was just thinking how much I missed the So Cal. We need to designate a bridge and stick to it for a while.

If your talking about conference calls I just have to say FUCK where have they been I loved going on those at night and talking about phreaking and all kinds of neat stuff.. If anyone does know of one please give me the numbers =)

Edited by phyburn

*edited*

Edited by unity

i think i have some conference lines that i found a while back in one of my notebooks. i'll dig around and see if i can find them and if they still work.

Aren't the Bells Mind confs still available?

Aren't the Bells Mind confs still available?

Yeah but the main BM number has been down for a long time, with the NuFone outage.

i suppose until we find a good dedicated conf, there is always the option of using Telephreak or even one of those free conferencing service numbers. if we use some kind of free conferencing service (assuming the expire eventually, which i think most do) we could set up a subdomain on some website that most everyone knows (i nominate OSP, or daily phreak) to list what the conf and access code is for the alloted amount of time.

i'm all for using telephreak. any else?

also, i'd hate to post a conf # here in the public forums and have it get abused.

Edited by t3st.s3t

Whats the deal with conferences? Summer is here, for most people anyways, which means there should be some conferences. I was just thinking how much I missed the So Cal. We need to designate a bridge and stick to it for a while.

Damn straight Natas, we need to get our confs back up and running. We've gone how many years without the So Cal or any official bridge? It's time we start confing again!

i'm still searching, no luck so far. anyone else had any luck?

How about we use a FreeGoConference, it's not a toll free number, but those with cellphones or long distance shouldn't have any problems. If you want I'll paste the dialin and access number.

Telephreak is always open and free. Right now, most people use the "general" conference. If the general conferences is to n00b'ish :) then I can make a binrev conference.

Telephreak is always open and free. Right now, most people use the "general" conference. If the general conferences is to n00b'ish :) then I can make a binrev conference.

that sounds like a good idea.

I can make a binrev conference.

Da Beave is my hero <3 heh

i miss all the confs too :(

Ohh! that would be so awsome, I know I'm a pretty big noob, but I'd love to be on a conference with all you Leet bastards!

OK I say we use Telephreak. I like Telephreak's (850) 942-0599 dial in number. Do *67 and your not owned. It's extension 2 for the conference.

im all for the TP bridge. Ill dial-in in my spare time. Hope to talk to everyone soon... :P

Dont' forget that you can also call in from FWD, Sipphone, and others. So even if you don't have long distance, you can still call in for free using VOIP. Here's the complete list of inbound VOIP access numbers/URI's:

http://telephreak.org/section.php?numlist_voip

woot for da Beave! i need to get you on BCR again sometime!

Okay - I'll setup a "binrev" room. I'll post the info here! People jump in and out of the general conference all the time. If nobody is on, idlefor a few minutes.

Also, if you want to setup a "binrev" time, so everyone knows when everyone else might be on, might not be a bad idea.

Oh! that reminds me - the web site is (of course) http://wwww.telephreak.org. I'm going to rip out a CGI that'll get the count and inform you how many people are on when you connect to the web site. For the time being, you can also check via IRC. We idle at irc.2600.net #telephreak. Once in the channel, just type ".meetme". It'll display active conferences.

- Beave

Nice! Finally more users on TelePhreak! I love TelePhreak, theres no toners or TRONs, and I dont have to worry about getting own because all the Ops are cool as hell. Long live TelePhreak!

So have people been getting on the conf at night?

Over the years people on conf's have got so horrible that I just can't stand to be on them again. If there truly is some inteligent conversation I'd love to take part in something like that.

Just a note, if you're using a non toll free conference that doesn't have SIP or IAX numbers to dial in to skype does give free domestic (US) calling to all members now. At least that's what they've been saying, I haven't tried it due to a lack of neccesity at the current time.