bebe

Help Me Please!

38 posts in this topic

Except that some of you have done this to other people, right? Not very caring.

I've personally never done it at an apartment complex. In my opinion, that would be a crazy place to try and box...just for the exposure factor. I've never used phreaking skills to hurt anyone...some people do use boxing to rack up enormous phone bills overseas and whatnot. Those are the people we can refer to as "box-kiddies".

If you can't convince a technician to install physical security of any sort, try keeping your line busy as long as possible, as well as a close eye on your phone box and bill. If the abuse still keeps up, chances are the telephone company will give in and simply install a lock to avoid any more problems.

EDIT: For the record, I can honestly say I've never done this to anybody else.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

honestly the camera and pad lock idea would be the best

but a paintball gun (with frozen paintballs) is more fun B)

Or take a mean looking airsoft shotgun and scare the crap out of them :omfg:

Yeah, I get that. It just could be more gender inclusive. ;)

This is true, although the fact that I've seen about 5 girls here in the past 3+ years might be the reason it hasn't ever been rectified.

if it was a more gender inclusive site then that would probably happen but it is not

while 99% of the people here (myself included) can't honestly say we've never beige boxed, there is a HUGE difference between the occaisional instance when you really need to make a phone call and this scenario. It's the same with almost anything. people find some kind of flaw in a system that proves useful for people in dire situations (i keep a beigbox in my car in case my car should happen to break down somewhere when i am traveling to other states, just in case), and they abuse it because it is free for them.

these people are called fucknuts, not phreaks.

Last Thursday night I tried calling my number while this was going on. A male voice said hello, and quickly hung up.

Hey, have you ever seen those "line in use" lights? You can make them from scratch or they sell them at electronics stores sometimes. Anyway, connect one of those to your line and when you see "line in use" and you're not on the line, pick up and scare them off the line.

Last Thursday night I tried calling my number while this was going on. A male voice said hello, and quickly hung up.

Hey, have you ever seen those "line in use" lights? You can make them from scratch or they sell them at electronics stores sometimes. Anyway, connect one of those to your line and when you see "line in use" and you're not on the line, pick up and scare them off the line.

That may not work given that I had no dial tone when this was happening. I had called my home number from my cell phone when this guy picked up.

I'm happy to report that after several nights of this nonsense, I had no trouble last night. The threatening note I left may have done the trick! :)

That may not work given that I had no dial tone when this was happening. I had called my home number from my cell phone when this guy picked up.

I'm happy to report that after several nights of this nonsense, I had no trouble last night. The threatening note I left may have done the trick! :)

I hope so, but even if you have no dial tone when you pick up the phone you should be able to talk to them. Unless they disconnected your pair from the panel, which is not a very time effective method of beige boxing. If you can pickup the phone and blow into it, and hear yourself blow into it...you've still got connection.

If you can pickup the phone and blow into it, and hear yourself blow into it...you've still got connection.

That's exactly what was happening. It's all making sense now. Thanks!

i'm afraid that you have phone phreaking confused with terrorism. i'd suggest that you involve your local law enforcement and perhaps a government agency. :lol: