P(?)NYB(?)Y

The Official CarolinaCon 2006 thread!

36 posts in this topic

I'm from chapel hill

Have you been to any of the nc2600 meetings yet? they are on the first friday of the month at the BitPlayer's lounge (745 w. Johnson Street, Raleigh), if not you should come next meeting

www.nc2600.org

I'm going to have to order the rooms soon, that hard part it getting the money from others in my group.

The room should be no more than $100, and from what I remember they're very nice rooms. If you're paranoid, you can pay cash for the room (that's what I did and they didn't mind) but don't fuck around. I didn't like being dragged out of Denny's at 4 AM by some guy complaining a script kiddie 0wned his Yahoo! account or whatever.

I also didn't like waking up at 9 AM the same day to vomit in the toilet.

Edited by tokachu

according to my intel, the room is $80 per night.

I might just get there but it depends if I can get a cheap flight from the UK. I should be able to get time off, even though it's less than a month away. If not, I'll look out for future similar events.

You get a room discount if you mention your with the Carolinacon group when reserving fyi

Shit. I don't think I'll be able to go. I'm leaving my job soon so money's going to be tight for a while and I don't want to waste it on plane tickets. So, as of right now, it looks like I won't be going unless somebody sends me a link to some really really cheap plane tickets to Ohio. I want to get there either late Thursday night or early Friday morning and I want to leave from there during late Sunday afternoon.

So I hope that I'll go but as of right now it's a no-go.

ok, just following up to make sure that everyone who is planning on going has verified thier place in the headcount for the Binrev dinner (going to call ahead to the place to let them know how many of us are coming).

also, if you're listed in the 'going' list, and you're not going anymore, please let me know!

CarolinaCon is offically over and i have a few things i'd like to say:

1. the mongolians sure know how to use that crazy fire.

2. Wanda Sykes would not make a good Telephone Operator

3. Dear Legacy Operators, there is a difference in area code and exchange

4. Lowtech Mystic, you are the man

5. "you'll be shitting teeth for weeks"

Edited by TelcoBob