Irongeek

Phreaknic 9

61 posts in this topic

Hi all, I plan on going to Phreaknic 9 this year. How far ahead should I reserve a room? Anyone I know going to be there?

What is this phreaknic 9 and where is it?

its in nashville, its sometime, and i went last year and just made friends with people who let me sleep on their floor.

im planning on going again, so you guys with a room, let me sleep on your floor. no more talk about who also slept on the floor of the room.

no more talk about who also slept on the floor of the room.

Did they sleep on the floor? Or did they sleep on droops?

The world may never know.

Interesting... I may try to go, myself. I've got some friends in Nashville, after all...

I was at PhreakNic last year, and regreted not having a room. I ended up sleeping under a table in the gaming room sometime around..... 4:30 sunday morning. Luckily I avoided the marker to face interaction.

PhreakNic happens in October usally. Overall I had a great time, I played the LARP which ended up going tabletop due to lack of participents, Listened to some great presentations, was around for some drama, and most importantly, was about the only person there under 21.

So to recap, definatley getting a room this year, maybe I'll let some people in....

heh, that would be pretty neat...cant go though, i dont have enough money to even enter the states......

I ended up sleeping under a table in the gaming room sometime around..... 4:30 sunday morning. Luckily I avoided the marker to face interaction.

im telling you, just make friends when you get there and you can sleep on their floor. they wil even let you use their shower if you need it.

Well if all goes well with a job i'm trying to get, I am going to go. I never went to any con's before so please be gentle. lol. Anyways, when I find out about the job, I will entertain the fact of letting 3 people room with me.

So, anyone want to have a BinRev meet up at Phreaknic? Where/when would we meet?

So, anyone want to have a BinRev meet up at Phreaknic? Where/when would we meet?

This could work... Do we know who's going? Anyone want to be in charge of the meet up? I nominate Tehbizz since he's the "meeting" admin... Mwhahahahahahaha!

-Dr^ZigMan

I'd love to have one, my girlfriend (yes, my famed girlfriend) has already gotten our room at a hotel and we're working on getting one for Zig.

If anyone else is confirmed to be going and you want to meet up for..."activities", email me or send me a PM And I'll see what we can work up.

I plan to get there Thursday night. Is there a good pub near by?

ill be there thursday night also, and yes there is a good pub nearby. =o)

Know the name? And do they have a goods stout on tap (Guinness would work well).

Know the name? And do they have a goods stout on tap (Guinness would work well).

Droops is anti Guinness for some reason, I think it's because his woman won't let him drink... <ducks>

-Dr^ZigMan

Having seen his wife in pics and videos I think he has a good reason to be whooped. :)

Hi all, I plan on going to Phreaknic 9 this year. How far ahead should I reserve a room? Anyone I know going to be there?

well, you don't so much "know" me per se. but i'll be staying in your room.

Ahhh...Your the guy Cory told be about.

indeed, see you there!

on another note, i'm going to be recording a special episode of BellCoreRadio at the con, so if anyone is interested in being on it, drop me an email at

bellcoreradio [at] gmail.com

im telling you, just make friends when you get there and you can sleep on their floor.  they wil even let you use their shower if you need it.

I call bullshit. Nobody showers at a hacking/phreaking convention.

I do. I even use soap.