Sefran

BinRev ep. 86 - Simon Singh

7 posts in this topic

Me and my friend have just recently started to listen to BinRev Radio, and we were listening to episode 86(well we're listening to it now actually in his computer shed) and we heard something about a listener buying the book called 'The Code Book' by Simon Singh after he'd heard about it in a cryptography thing on the show. Well, me and my friend actually met Simon Singh while we were at a physics lecture with our school, it's just kinda strange, we were pretty impressed that we met him and he's actually well known even on the net. Just thought I'd let someone know.

BTW, has anyone read 'The Code Boook' and can comment on it, sounds rather interesting. Wonder if he'll be impressed (if we can see him again, I think my teacher has some kinda connection with him) that he was mentioned on an internet radio show., hmmm....

I believe Elonka mentioned the code book in episode 78...or maybe it was decius in 79..I forgot.

I be that friend Sefran mentioned. Simon Singh was indeed excellent! Hopefully we will get to see him again, but it's doubtful.

We're both new to the boards. I guess here is where I say hi! BinRev is excellent, StankDawg you are excellent, and the radio show is also excellent. Keep it up!

I have read it. It's long but covers a lot of ground and goes from old times to modern technology. Very thorough. He has a new one out about the origins of the universe that sounds neat also. Brilliant man and great writer.

I guess i'm the welcome commitee. Welcome to the boards and hopefully you can contribute to the overall sucess of binrev. The radio show is a big sucess I suppose. If you like it there are others such as RFA, off the hook, Gamer radio. All in the scene, you can lsiten to them on DDP hack radio. I think the main advice I can give you about the forums is ask and you shall receive but also try to give back as much as you take. It's the help of the community that drvies these boards. Maybe i'm not the best person to say this but hopefully I could be of help. Welcome again!

Edited by jamesmalone

I own the book... seriously...

It is a pretty good book...

It has a lot of history and it shows you a lot of cypher text etc... It is a good read...

Be cooler to meet him though..

I have read it. It's long but covers a lot of ground and goes from old times to modern technology. Very thorough. He has a new one out about the origins of the universe that sounds neat also. Brilliant man and great writer.

The origins of the universe book; 'The Big Bang', is the book he was doing his "lecture" on. It certainly sounded interesting, it was a very interesting lecture ;) There was also one on nanotechnology that wasn't by Simon Singh, which wasn't so interesting...

Thanks for the nice welcome(s) people :D