All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Last week
  2. Thanks I have ordered a similar one called IBQ 102. it does have the filter for noise, so I can switch it off and read the noise. other parameters are similar to the Aceco type of the video. So probably I am in the good track, bought it for about 40$ with shipment. Also I fount that the French device, the bioscope, does work about this way: it does make a scan of frequency and when he find the resonant one it does put out it with its value. I think it is just a sensor with a pulsating electro magnet and a gauss meter, when the frequency is the same of the object to be measured there is an increase in gauss, I think. This is all I was able to understand from the book bioenergy of Stephane Cardinaux, where I discovered the bioscope. I spoke of it as a spectrum analyzer but only now I have read again that book and I realized the device is different from an analyzer. There is a facebook page with a lot of pics about frequencies and graphs, that let me think it was a simple analyzer. Maybe in the end not too much difficult to replicate, except I don't have the expertise to engineer it at the moment, I study electronics but I feel there is too much work for me to replicate it at the moment. of course any hints is welcome about this as well many thanks !
  3. R.I.P. Dr Hawking; the Einstein of our generation/s.

4. Earlier
  5. OK, I've spoke to some Avaya experts and let's be clear, anything greater than 10 or even R13 (as noted in an earlier commenter) would be very hard to do to reverse engineer. Why? Because at this point, it's the early days of the Communication Manager, the licensing moved to a server based platform (further away from the PBX and living on a private label HP or IBM server for the use of their PBX system moving softswitches...Kinda a linux instance in a VMware type of setup. The expert I spoke to used the System Platform service to move the license file from one system to another with R12 being the processor of interest. I think when by the time R12 was released, it was more dependent on server based management tools to handle the licensing, that was separate to the PBX and needed the IPSIs and CLANs to connect and register. I think it's safe to say anything past R10 that required this license management, and local/CLAN or serial transfers would really a hopeless cause unlike my earlier message because of the move from the hardware to the software platforms. By 2004 to 08, sure a CMC could run up to CM 4, but it was for you know sites that was still legacy based, but had a HQ that was more VOIP/CM based/server orientated/upgraded etc. and the CMC was the outskirts of the enterprise voice network. I felt there was a need to update and let the community know how the newer PPNs worked in the mind for the time in the real world installed base.
  6. Good luck for a clear answer. Step by step directions is kinda DIY implenetation in this thread for sure. I believe the idea is not to have a vintage Linux box completely exposed to the Internet, like plugging your broadband modem into the Ethernet port, kinda thing. Here's what I would i recommend. I forget you have CLAN card and it's connector? You can program the PBX via ASA over IP, on your network and via ASA. The process is a bit complicated on MY part to explain in a few seconds, it's relatively easy. Check out this site and find the Section "Configuring TN-799 C-LAN [his spelling not mine] Card for Remote Administration". Sadly the plain-jane ASCII site is not loaded with screenies, but if you have a general idea (which I think you do) this shouldn't be too hard, just follow the steps carefully (speaking from experience) The other trick, if one is paranoid that a vintage operating system will break the internet worse than Kim Kardashian* you could have a different IP address range for your PBX. I have complex network at home, one safety measure other than firewalls, is to have my common network at and a private, semi exposed/but more isolated network at, and only that latter network I use for management access. I have a PC on a static IP that shares the latter subnet, that I can get into my PBX from anywhere on the LAN. I don't do the routing here at the moment, so everything is "static" - a very LONG story. In your case, just assign the PBX to like 172.0.0.x, and if say for an example you have your home network on, you plug it in to that network; go to your network settings, and add a secondary IP address of and go from there. (you would have to go through the walkthrough of setting it up on the ASA, make sure you use IPv4 and no DNS, etc. Hope this helps you get somewhere to your goal without much panic and fear. I'm so sorry if I went over your head for a simple question. (* Sidenote: In my opinion those claims a load of FUD BS - in fact no rank and file users are supposed to know what Linux kernel its running on by the minds of Avaya or any proprietary vendor. And if anyone here on the forums think it's perfectly OK to tamper with a "Linux" type of system designed for this context for voicemail, that's totally not cool and if you were attempting to patch it, that would void the warranty if you did this on a production system. This patching on semi proprietary systems have been brought up on listserves with telecom people debating that with nitwit server admins. It drives me NUTS... )
  7. Hi Folks! It's been a long time since I've visited here (I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel right now), and I wanted to see if I could get more details on remotely accessing the GUI for AUDIX administration. More specifically, how do I set that up? And is this something I can use ASA to connect to? I currently have the system running in my basement, but I would like to be able to administer the system in my office upstairs as I do with my Definity switch (I made a long serial cable to direct connect). I know it was said before that AUDIX shouldn't be allowed near the internet. But I thought I remember reading that the only way to access the system is to put it on the network. So I'm guessing that I would have to administer the switch to not external access to that ip?
  8. :I thought it'd be a good idea to keep a thread open for small, marginally interesting tricks that can be applied in the network. Especially since they can sometimes turn into larger things when they're explored. So, well, I'll start: In lots of ex-SBC areas, you can dial your home NPA + 700-4141 and get a recording from one of the local tandems (as in, a non-toll switch that handles calls between you and an exchange down the road or to a toll carrier) thanking you for choosing SBC as your intra-LATA toll carrier. Sometimes the switch blocks it or redirects it to your toll carrier, so you might have to use 101-0110 or 101-9017 to circumvent this. Also, HPNA-958/959-xxxx will try to complete from the operator IVR on these same switches, but seems to get a cause code or something back quite quickly. I dunno what this is supposed to reach or if some areas treat it differently than others, but usually you get a recording from the TOPS tandem when you hit something invalid.
  9. Like everyone says every time we do one of these, it's been a while! Show us your tastes in shameless materialism! $30 PCIE quad T1/E1 Dialogic DM3 card These are really nice cards for a number of reasons. The one holdback is you really need to know C to make them worth your while. If you have anything that speaks T1 and can stomach a bit of programming though, they are very much worth it. I'm running a similar model that routinely gets at least a couple hours of use every day. Cisco IAD2431-1T1E1 router. You can't beat a Meridian or Definity for home use - there's no getting around that, but these are surprisingly flexible for a home network if you can tolerate the Cisco CLI, have a channel bank to use some analog lines with, and don't have enough room for a larger PBX like the aforementioned ones (and don't want to write a switch program to work with the card I just linked; they have GR-303 stacks). These particular models do TDM hairpinning as well, so the call is end to end circuit switched when there's no DSP involvement. There's really cheap VIC modules for FXO, ISDN BRI (though it won't do data calls), FXS (I'd recommend the channel bank though; I like it better than the Cisco analog stuff), etc lying around as well to make it interface with whatever you have. Just beware; it does have IVR capabilities, but they kinda suck. Adit 600 channel bank. Cheap as they come, and as good as they get for home POTS stuff. They also do weird things like ISDN BRI if you can find the cards for them. 8434DX phone for the Definity. The VFD tends to be indescribably awesome on these, and on the later phones (post-1997 or so; look for any without the AT&T logo), have off the shelf Noritake VFDs you can get for cheap to swap them with. Especially nice if you get stuck with a set that has a worn VFD. Telos Zephyr; ISDN MP2/MP3 audio transceiver. These are buckets of fun if you have access to one; most radio stations and recording studios have compatible models you can connect to and get really nice sounding feeds of their mixing consoles from. Also, . The newer Xstream models tend to answer automatically for normal phone calls and patch you into their audio input instead of deny them as these do. Tascam DR-07; these are flash based field recorders. I've been using one for about eight years, and can attest to them being a great way to record your, er, mishaps on the PSTN, among other things. Also, they tend to not break. Nortel ISDN BRI phone.
  10. Thank you! Now I can properly program the phone again, and go through with my plan to set up a pedestal in my driveway
  11. That's my site, yeah. The server PSU died about a year ago, and I couldn't be bothered with fixing it for a number of reasons. Here's the files you're looking for:
  12. Hi! A couple years ago, I had downloaded a copy of the Expressnet files from the "COCOT software" thread (from thoughtphreaker.omghax site) but I ended up accidentally deleting the files. Does anyone have a copy of the archive files, since the thoughtphreaker site happens to be down. I have tried a couple times, over the last couple days and the site appears to be down long-term, since I am just getting a Cloudflare 522 error. If thoughtphreak is reading this, is this your site, and if so, do you have the files available anywhere? Thanks! [real name buhleeted] (AKA "wembley" - I forgot that I had used my old phreak handle when I signed up here!)
  13. That's pretty much exactly it. Richard bitches about how there just isn't time or money to convert to a more modern codec, o woe is he. It's laughably simple and free to download FFMPEG and LAME, write simple batch scripts to dump the cook audio to PCM then encode to (hopefully reasonable bitrate) MP3 then slap them up onto the web site. Shit, there are GRAPHIC mousebound tools that exist to automate the process, no batch coding required. I mean, really. The guy's a computer programmer himself, supposedly, so you'd think he'd at least have some rudimentary concept of this. Maybe with some luck he'll find somebody who can halfway competently run the site, modernize it (meaning MP3, AC3 or MP4) and open it up for gratis. It would really be a shame to lose all the content there. And that's why he hasn't gotten a penny out of me over the past 15 years. "HD" radio (a.k.a. DTS radio) isn't a total flop. It does have its uses FWIW. In its present form it's really more like "digital SCA" and you know what a niche market SCA is. As a supplement to existing broadcasts it kind of works. As a full hardon replacement for conventional FM broadcasts (which they were originally marketing it as) it's a solution looking for a problem. Had the tech appeared about 10 years earlier than it did (or, god forbid, the FCC actually mandated EU147, imagine that!) it might have stood a better chance in the market. Since broadcast radio in the 21st century (meaning: post-1996) is practically dead as a medium, digital broadcasting here is a case of too little, too late.
  14. "You sound very strange without carrier all over your head." -Al Bernay I just got really crappy-sounding (heavily bit-starved) instrumental music after a lengthy silence of about 15 seconds followed by some bit-robbing. From the sound quality it sounds like they're using CELP or very low-bitrate GSM encoding and sending it over scratchy Bell System T-carrier. I must have hit a bad route. Betcha I hit that one crappy Portland-Seattle trunk group that does that. I am guessing my long distance carrier (Commielink/Level -3) mutes MF signalling hence the long silence. It's where the signals would be in your recording. But did you hear how the T-carrier noise in your recording kind of "sings" along with the MFs? That's how Kaiser's prescription computer sounded a couple years ago. There's probably some analog gear with companding in that part of the connection somewhere.
  15. Shop around, try hamfests or swap meets or flea markets and you can probably find a spectrum analyzer there for well under $1K. That's how my best friend found his ~25 year old Tektronix machine and he didn't pay more than $200 for it. So what if it's decades old if it works and is adjustable, the principles and physics of RF energy don't change much over time. "Bioscope"; well, coming from a cinema background I can tell you what the French know a spectrum analyzer as is a movie projector in the UK!
  16. I found something kinda funny yet possibly intentional and thought you guys might appreciate it. So assuming it's after hours or the weekend where you are, give a Morgan Stanley office a call. Pretty much any of them will work. If you don't have one, here: 800-488-0181. Pretty much all of them have toll-frees if you look at the branch's website - . Anyway, when the IVR picks up, press 2 and it'll ask you for an "eleven digit extension". Give it a toll-free, and it'll connect you. While it will pass ANI, it does accept calls from payphones and will hide class of service digits. Interesting, it does add an RDNIS field to the call to indicate it was forwarded. Try calling 800-330-8829 from it to get the number it's claiming to forward from.
  17. 800-940-0538 - "Welcome to Medscribe. Please enter your ID number, followed by the pound sign." 800-940-0588 - IVR, "Welcome to the Groupcast message distribution center. Please enter your pin followed by the pound sign" 805-544-0015 - University elevator? Try pressing buttons. 800-829-0314 - 711 number 512-328-5987 - Thingie on analog line w/WEIRD sounding tones 800-829-0129 - Weird Allstate test IVR, wants working DNIS to do anything interesting
  18. Sorry I've been so hard to get ahold of! It's been a busy month (though in about a week, that'll change). I've still been scanning and confing and stuff - and occasionally helping Technotite with the Eastern European switches, but I've been farming a lot of the former out to my computers. If nothing else, I've found a way to make scanning way more efficient without having to deal with automatic signal processing. EDIT: This isn't C5, but I found it interesting and still relevant to the thread. 18677709599.wav Sorry about the automatic gain control. If you're curious what it was outpulsing, it's KP+867-920-3660+(KP2)<pause>KP+0-770-9599-ST. Try pressing 0 when the queue system bumps you to voicemail; you'll wind up at the main auto-attendant, and given the run of the PBX. Also, that PBX appears to have a hundred block dedicated to it.
  19. This guy, er, doesn't seem very receptive to new things. That being said, in all fairness, how contemporary an audio codec is is extremely relative. AAC is certainly one of the more used ones out there, and it was introduced a year before the Cook codec this guy is using. It still doesn't change the relatively low sample rate or that it buffers like it's 1998 (niche product or not, who pays for an effectively broken stream exactly?) or, well, that Real Player is still Real Player. That whole "I have a black box and nobody is allowed to touch it" model reminds me a lot of the other crap that faded into obscurity, like QSound, Q-Zar and HD Radio. I always thought the huge resistance to anybody seeing how it worked was hilarious.
  20. Hi everybody, I need help for a research about water, in short, I would like to ask, to people that have a sensitive radio frequency counter in the range of about 1 mhz to 300 mhz, if they can replicate this experiment. it is about measuring the small radio field of water. Sounds strange but everything does put a bit of radio frequency and with the correct amplifier it can be read its frequency. especially water, plants, animals and people too. ofc it does variate with time it is not stable. I have spent days trying to find this exact meter on ebay and fount only 2 in UK but they do not ship outside UK so I am looking for alternatives So if someone has some of these bug finder / frequency counter, and if you have a place, maybe a basement with almost no RF signal, take a glass of water and try to measure it! then if positive result, please share your frequency meter brand... maybe I can find a new one somewhere in production... The other alternative could be a spectrum analyzer with an amplifier, filters etc, or a French device called bioscope. both are over 1000 $ so not affordable for me. Many many thanks to who ever will try this test! and thanks for reading!
  21. It's easier to pin failure on a convenient scapegoat, so much the better if it's a faceless group like "pirates." There's a guy who was selling a closed-source version of some open source community developed hardware who's got a thing against me, as I revived the original open source project and started selling hardware kits again. His business failure is definitely because of me, or so he claims Not, you know, selling a low-quality copy at a higher price and then closing the source on the people who *created* the original!
  22. (Intentionally posted to "General Hacking" so the searchbots will find it.) Uh...yeah. It can't POSSIBLY be because he's stubbornly clinging to an obsolete, proprietary and frankly, unbelievably shitty codec that practically nobody supports any more. Oh no. It's gotta be all these "pirates". Gee and he wonders why he's losing money and subscribers. :rolleyes: You have to wonder about some people sometimes. It takes a real man to admit they've fucked up.
  23. Lately there had been an increase of people, particularly new users, using their account profiles to Spam for companies providing commercial products and services for sale. THIS BEHAVIOR IS UNACCEPTABLE AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. The profile is SOLELY to be used for personal noncommercial uses in accordance with the terms of service, never for advertising. If I or any of the other administrators find you have been misusing your profile in this manner your account will be immediately terminated without discussion and don't think it won't. Got it?
  24. That is awesome work, I did send ThoughtPhreaker a quick clip of one of the recordings via email, I'm sure he'll get around to replying eventually.. A bunch of new recordings landed on my lap over night so I've made a start on them too, way too much for one person to do quickly so I'll get a clip together of the ones I've got now and the rest will come along as and when I can get to them.
  25. I am really glad I found this discussion, it helped tremendously on trying to figure out how to program my Ernest ETX. some notes from my experience: I could not find a 16x2 LCD on Ebay with just 14 pins. Most 16x2 LCD displays now have 16 pins. The extra 2 pins are for powering the LED back lighting. Pin 15 is 5VDC + and pin 16 is 5VDC -. This point is almost useless in my case as the PCB on the phone did not supply enough power to drive both the LCD and LED back light at the same time. I could not get anything to function properly until I disconnected the power (pin 15 and 16) to the LED back light. As far as wiring the contrast (terminal 3 on LCD) I tried using a jumper wire from pin 2 (5VDC +) to pin 3 (contrast) and I was never able to distinguish anything appearing on the LCD. I also tried it with the wire disconnected and with it just wired to the IDE connection on the phone PCB, no luck. I then tried wiring a 10k Pot with one side to pin 2 5VDC+, the other side to pin 1 (5VDC-) and the center terminal to pin 3 (contrast). At this point I could adjust the contrast to clearly read the LCD display. The pins on the 16x2 LCD were clearly marked but I was unsure of the pin configuration on the phones PCB where the LCD plugs in. This is the pin orientation of the socket on the phone PCB that I found: This is as you look at it on the phones PCB board with the phone standing up in regular position. Top 14- 13 12- 11 10- 9 8 - 7 <This is where the indexing notch is 6 - 5 4 - 3 2 - 1 bottom I am now able to access the programming menu on the LCD I hope this helps anyone looking for it. When I started this project I was told I could not run the pay phone off a voip system. That is not true, I am currently running this from an Ooma voip box. I had to connect a GE wireless phone jack system with the master connected to the Ooma Telo, and the slave unit connected to the Pay Phone. It seems the GE wireless phone jack system reproduces the old landline voltages much more accurately than the Ooma Telo Voip box. If anyone has any experience in programming the Ernest ETX I would appreciate some guidance. I would like to program the phone so all calls are free (it will be mounted inside my home). It would be even better if I could program it so the caller had to place a quarter in the phone but it was returned when the handset was replaced and call ended. I have been through the programming features and have not figured out how to achieve this.
  26. We know that in Russia and the former soviet states -- there's much more to be had than CCITT5 still. Me and one or two of the other BinRev people have located about a dozen or so (still finding new ones) switches in that area that still use in-band 2600 signaling -- even more surprisingly, these switches use 2600 SF/Dial Pulse signaling rather than MF! 2 of said switches we've managed to find out a way to reliably bluebox/SF-box -- and there's one that is still a work in progress, and it is yet to be determined whether it's SFable or not.
  27. Some recordings came to me from a source that I trust of phone calls from Russia and around the Baltic area in general, taken 2 or so months ago and in a few of the recordings you'll sometimes hear tones before people answer the phone. I'll put a compilation together soon-ish and upload here for people to hear. The audio can be tinny in places, nothing I can do about that unfortunately.
  1. Load more activity