All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Today
  2. This episode is Part 9 of the Stardrifter role-playing game playtest. The series is composed of two playtest sessions, held earlier this year. They were recorded and chopped into manageable bites, then edited down into separate episodes. This series is meant to give listeners some insight into the RPG construction process. Playtesting is not the final step, but rather, just another stage. The construction of an RPG can be convoluted, and feedback from players is absolutely vital. In this part, the characters agree to join someone else’s treasure hunt, with the success (or failure) of their own mission in the balance! Special thanks to my playtesters: Thaj, Mark (who was playing Brinn), and X1101! View the full article
  3. Yesterday
  4. We have good news. There will be a HOPE in 2020. And we expect it to be better than ever. For several months, we have been looking for a venue that would have the needed space and flexibility for HOPE. Thanks to the efforts of many - and the massive amount of suggestions and support from attendees - we've found a new location for the conference that's much, much better than what we had before. HOPE will take place at St. John's University in Queens from July 31st to August 2nd, 2020. It's still in New York City, easily accessible by mass transit, and well positioned to do everything we've done in the past. But here's where things get different - and better. The space we now have access to is far bigger than what we have been working with in the past. Here is what that means: At least four speaking tracks with rooms as big or bigger than what we've used in the past. Enough extra space to duplicate what we've done with exhibitions, workshops, vendors, and displays. 24 hour access to as much of the space as we need. More than 100,000 square feet of outdoor space to use for additional projects. Many additional rooms for new projects or additional speaker tracks. Buildings that are close together and spacious. Plenty of chill space for people to hang out and socialize. A network at least three times faster than our already record-breaking speeds. A healthy campus environment with people who appreciate who we are. Options to reserve dorm rooms or suites onsite for less than the cost of a hotel. Food options throughout the event onsite. Nearby hotel space or a one-stop train ride to midtown Manhattan. Only minutes away from JFK and LaGuardia airports. Free parking for those driving in and no Manhattan traffic to deal with. We could go on. But we're absolutely thrilled at what this place has to offer. And best of all, we're able to get so much more while keeping the price change minimal. For many, HOPE will cost less due to all the new options (parking, accommodations, food) that we didn't have before. A whole lot has been accomplished and we believe we're about to open a brand new chapter for the entire community. But now the real work begins. Expanding the conference to this degree will require massive coordination and more involvement from more people. We'll need to improve in the areas where we fell short and make the magic that HOPE conferences are known for even better. There will be frequent updates on all of this, including ways you can get involved. The official HOPE call for participation will be released around the start of 2020. We will be asking for volunteers, speakers, workshops, villages, and many more ideas. And as is our tradition, we'll start offering the first batch of tickets in November. More info on that will be out soon. If you have thoughts you'd like to share about this new HOPE chapter, please email us at hope@hope.net. We can't always respond personally due to the huge amount of feedback we get, but we do read everything and we'll be putting together a FAQ to address questions or issues that come up. For now, we're thrilled that the HOPE tradition will continue, and that we'll be doing something very different this time. We really hope you can be a part of it. View the full article
  5. My hacking achievements and blog [interesting vulnerabilities exploited] Take a look at my hacking blog, have found vulnerabilities in a very unique way (found information disclosure) it's not your ordinary XSS or SQLI, so enjoy my post https://z0mbys.livejournal.com/266.html If youre interested in learning and for more things of course, join my server https://discord.gg/upr4CMJ
  6. My hacking achievements and blog [interesting vulnerabilities exploited] Take a look at my hacking blog, have found vulnerabilities in a very unique way (found information disclosure) it's not your ordinary XSS or SQLI, so enjoy my post https://z0mbys.livejournal.com/266.html If youre interested in learning and for more things of course, join my server https://discord.gg/upr4CMJ
  7. Take a look at my hacking blog, have found vulnerabilities in a very unique way (found information disclosure) it's not your ordinary XSS or SQLI, so enjoy my post https://z0mbys.livejournal.com/266.html If youre interested in learning and for more things of course, join my server https://discord.gg/upr4CMJ
  8. In order to ensure your computer is protected, you need to update your McAfee software whenever a new version is released. If you encounter an update error you can refer to the steps given below to fix the issue: · Step 1: Open your browser and go to the official McAfee website. · Step 2: Go to the support page and look for the McAfee-DR tool. · Step 3: Press ‘Download and Run’ and save the file on your PC. · Step 4: Follow the prompts to run the McAfee Diagnose & Repair tool and resolve the error. If you find that you still cannot update the software, you can call the mcafee customer service number and ask for assistance. Experienced software technicians will be able to give you detailed solutions to fix the update error and secure your computer. Read more: Mcafee helpline number
  9. http://Vn5socks.net - Service Seller Socks Good - Socks 5 VIP - Pass Paypal Blacklist Example daily 30: It is allowed to get maximium 30 socks for a day. If do not get them you will lose 30 socks in a day ( no incremental socks). An account will be expired after 30 days Payment Methods - PLEASE LOGIN TO PLACE ORDER - Auto payment Perfect Money - PM - Auto payment WebMoney - WMZ - Auto update socks new 24/24 - How to get socks5? -> After buy a package -> Click login -> Click VIEWSOCK -> Click ***.***... to get socks5! -> Contact: Skype: vn5socks.net - ICQ: 673820903 Welcome to http://Vn5socks.net
  10. https://ticom.livejournal.com/384771.html cybertek29.pdf
  11. Hi Everyone in HPR land this is Tony Hughes coming to you from Studio B at Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre in Birmingham in the UK, where I am currently staying for a week of voluntary work. The reason for this short episode is to talk about a community magazine that I have been reading since I started to use Ubuntu Linux back in 2007. Full Circle magazine actually produced a pilot issue in April of 2007 and issue one was issued in June 2007. All issues are published as a free pdf download and all the content is under a Creative Commons licence. Free Circle Magazine initially started as an Ubuntu (and official spins of Ubuntu) magazine but over the years while still being officially about Ubuntu or Linux Distributions based on Ubuntu, many of the articles are applicable to those across the Linux community. Over the years, as well as printing one off articles about individuals’ journey to using Linux, reviews and letters from readers, there have been regular series on topics such as Inkscape, Python programming, Open/LibreOffice, Virtualisation and much more. Sadly after over 12 years of producing a regular monthly magazine for the Linux community some of the regular article series are coming to an end and due to ill health at least one regular writer is not able to contribute at the moment, and this is leaving the magazine short of content and in danger of possibly coming to an end. As a podcast community that is used to the idea of crowd sourced content, many of whom are also Linux users, could I ask that some of you that have read Full Circle, but never contributed, consider sending in some content. It could be an article on how you started using Linux, about some Linux software that you think the readers may be interested in learning more about, or just a letter to Ronnie to say thanks for all his efforts putting out a magazine every month for the last 12+ years. Like many things we often don’t miss them until they are gone, and I would hate to think that Full Circle Magazine is one of those things that I will miss in the future. I have put my money where my mouth is and in coming issues you may see me in print, talking about podcasting. You could even use any writing you do as the base for a HPR show, and achieve two goals in one go. All the best for now. Links https://www.woodbrooke.org.uk/ https://fullcirclemagazine.org/ https://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-149/ View the full article
  12. Last week
  13. [Shopsocks5.com] Service Socks5 Cheap Payment Instantly Perfectmoney, Bitcoin, Wmtransfer, BTC-E ( Please click Buy Socks ) Check Socks Online http://shopsocks5.com/check/ Our proxy service offers you a solution to Internet anonymity problem:Best Quality SOCKS5 PROXIES! Service Price PLAN DAILY For example, Daily 60: It is allowed to get maximium 60 socks for a day. If you don't use, you will lose 60 socks in a day ( no incremental socks). An account will be expired after 30 days PLAN CREDIT For example, Credit 60: You will have unlimited day. After you get enough 60 socks, your account will expired. PLAN API For example, Socks List 30: You can get unlimited socks5 per day. Numbers of socks5 will get at Socks List and it will be auto change socks everytime. An account will be expired after 30 days Payment Instantly Perfectmoney, Bitcoin, Wmtransfer WMZ : Z994476647137 PM: U15580999 BTC: 14Wmsja5BVH6srbW7YtQRLni8xH97b7iwx Contact: Skype: Shopsocks5 Email: admin@shopsocks5.com ICQ: 727362912
  14. AOL Desktop Gold can be installed easily in your system when the system requirement is fulfilled, and you have an active internet connection. The steps one should follow to AOL desktop Gold for Mac on your device is given below: · Go to the official AOL website and then look for the product page. · Now click to download the setup file and save it on the location of your choice. · After downloading of the file is complete, you can click on it to 'Run as an administrator'. · A pop will appear that says "Do you want this software to make changes in your system?" Here click on 'Yes'. · Now follow the onscreen instruction to complete the installation and click on the Finish button. · Once all that is done, you have to log in to your AOL account and begin to enjoy the benefits of this desktop software. AOL desktop Gold upgrade
  15. LinuxLugCast Memorial We are here tonight to share memories of our friend Donald Grier aka FiftyOneFifty Fifty was involved with many podcast over the years Obviously LinuxLugCast http://www.linuxlugcast.com https://archive.org/search.php?query=linuxlugcast Hacker Public Radio http://hackerpublicradio.org/ http://hackerpublicradio.org/correspondents.php?hostid=131 /dev/random http://devrandomshow.org/ http://devrandomshow.org/shows/?f=all.html Kernal Panic Oggcast https://archive.org/search.php?query=KernelPanic+Oggcast&page=2 Shared thoughts and memories: Ken Fallon I was in the back room pottering away when espeak notified me that 5150 had passed away. I went back to the computer and read the announcement in the IRC Logs and confirmed the news. Some dude I had never met, never seen in my life, and didn’t even know his real name, was gone and I was in the back room crying my eyes out. Crying for the loss of a friend. When had he become a friend ? People have been socializing since the dawn of humans, be it at the camp fire, the forge, pub, hairdresser, sports club, church, or wherever. For us it was via Linux podcasting. You are there because you share a common interest. If you were into Linux podcasting then you could not help but get to know fiftyonefifty. The guy turned up everywhere if not on the podcasts themselves he was commenting on them. I have 619 messages from him about HPR alone. He submitted his first show back in 2010 and has been a regular since then. At some point after that I knew that he was on my “special list” of people who I could rely upon to fill the queue if needed. And as I sat there crying I realized that he had also sneaked onto my list of friends. I’ve not always been a fan of the New Year Show, but now I am glad for it. While I may never get to share a beer with him any more, or take him up on his promise to let me fire off some rounds on his farm, I did at least get to shoot the breeze with him for many a happy hour. Goodbye old friend you will be missed Anonymous A Ramble for FiftyOneFifty: King of Ramblers I am writing a Ramble for a man I knew only as FiftyOneFifty. I never knew his real name, nor do I know if he knew mine. In many things, Names do not matter, People, Actions, and feeling do. We podcasted together off and on, over several years. I don’t recall exactly how many. It doesn’t matter now, since they are all that there will ever be. We grew to be good friends. I never met him in person, online life is like that. I only know my life would be much poorer, if I had not known him. Hearing he died, shattered me. This Ramble is my try at putting most the pieces back in place. Of course, nothing can replace the largest piece, the Man Himself. My heart and prayers go out to those friends and family dealing with his loss. His death is a harsh, unchangeable, fact. I shall focus on his life, and things better remembered than the wall we all will hit one day. Fifty was a man if Life, Joy, and passions. That is how I shall write of him. I had a far too short time, to learn about him, and from him. It will also warm my heart, where he live yet, and has for a long time. I learned this fact, only after I could no longer talk with him. I found him easy to talk with, and listen to. He was also “Vaccinated with a Victrola Needle ” as my relatives might say. He could ramble on for hours. enjoyably. He virtually always made sense, even when in his cups. He shared himself, his hobbies, experience, and his travels with us, on our podcasts. While he went to Linux events, he never limited himself to just linux topics. He reported the non Linux features of events. This great for choosing family trips to them. He included accommodations, restaurants, and pubs in the area. I don’t travel, or drive, so these second hand visit were a delight. His research and Linux activities made up much of his contribution to our podcasts. He life also flowed in, to entertain and inform us. He lived in the country, farming, cows, trouble getting Internet service were included. My parents can off farms, so he even kept my ties to that life alive. Firearms, cars, especially his beloved Hearse were shared interests. tale from his tech support work, for businesses and schools enlightened me. Farmers are natural pack rats, so gathering all sorts of discarded computer gear was natural. Unfortunately he lost most of it in the fire which destroyed his house. Losing his house, and even his dear father, never seemed to blight his spirit or life, in the long run. It would be natural to keep such private matters from more distant friends, as I was. Nor did his long illness color the side of him I saw. it got in his way, sometimes, as I recall, but never in his spirit. I wish I had been closer, to offer myself more to the man I miss dearly. I must just try to use his independent example, in my own life. Anyone could do much, worse. His quiet touch helped heal me in ways I am only now realizing. I started the day in tears, still aching from losing a rare, true friend. Then I recalled a song from Toby Keith, called “Cryin’ for Me (Wayman’s Song ) written about he loss of his close friend, Wayman Tisdale. Toby found about his friends passing on Friday. On Sunday Toby was driven to write the memorial song. In it he says his tears are not for his lost friend, who is now in Heaven, but for Toby himself, and all those family, and friends, Wayman left behind. I believe Fifty is in Heaven, with his Dad, and those who have gone before. He will see things from the Good Seats. He can enjoy all the Holidays, and never feel the cold. I was driven to write like Toby, to handle my own shock and grief. We Cry and Mourn, those left behind in the Mortal world, for our loss and pain. Our dear One is beyond pain, perhaps for the first time in years. He has earned his time in Grace. He as paid as we pay now, for life beyond grief, with those who have gone ahead. I hope my words and memories may help the ones he left behind. Pain is a Mortal thing. It need not be deadly, or poisonous. Fifty’s Life is a great example of this and many other things. I hope we can go forward, with his example helping heal our loss of him. God Bless You, Fifty, and those you touched in turn. View the full article
  16. As mentioned in the new issue of 2600, we've set Monday, October 21st as the date where we make public what our plans for the future of HOPE are. The recent tripling of costs at Hotel Pennsylvania put the entire future of the conference in jeopardy and we've been working all summer (and now it's apparently autumn) to try and find solutions. We appreciate all of the well wishers who have written in and really given us the strength to move forward. You can still write to us at hope@hope.net. Please also help us spread word of our brand new DRM-free PDF version of our new issue. Every purchase helps in both the continued operations of 2600 and future projects like HOPE. You can get your copy here. View the full article
  17. On October 15th, District Judge Engelmayer (Southern District of New York) extended the New York State Supreme Court’s temporary restraining order (TRO) from October 18th through the end of the next hearing, which is scheduled for next Monday, October 21st. Prior to the hearing, the parties are to submit briefs in support or opposition of the extension of the TRO. While Pacifica has been ordered not to lay anyone off at WBAI, they have refused to allow them to operate the station and automated programming from California continues to be piped in with no local broadcasting permitted. This includes "Off The Hook" which has been kept off the air for the past couple of weeks. The hearing will take place Monday, October 21st at 3pm in Courtroom 1305 at the U.S. Courthouse, 40 Centre Street, New York, NY. You can email the Pacifica National Board to voice your opinion at pnb@pacifica.org. View the full article
  18. The alarm clock on my bedside table had a very loud alarm—so loud that it scared me and made my heart race when it went off. I know you're thinking I should just use an alarm on my phone, but for whatever reason I wanted to use the alarm clock. In this episode I talk about installing a resistor in the speaker wires of the alarm clock so that it won't be so loud when it goes off. It's all good now. Loud enough to wake me up, but not so loud that it scares everyone. View the full article
  19. NEW 'Off The Wall' ONLINE Posted 16 Oct, 2019 1:08:41 UTC The new edition of Off The Wall from 15/10/2019 has been archived and is now available online. "Off The Wall" - 15/10/2019 Download the torrent here!!!! View the full article
  20. Below are examples of messages shown on the screen during operation System Up (Unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of this message) Shows the unit waiting to get a wi-fi connection and get given an IP address. Unit goes to the HPR site and gets the number of days to free slot in the show queue. At the time when I took the picture the queue had a healthy 22 shows! Links to three previous shows I did that mention the Blinkstick Solving a problem I had with my Blinkstick http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=2089 Tracking the HPR queue using python and a Blinkstick http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=2340 Follow on to HPR2340 (Tracking the HPR queue in Python) http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=2344 Link to Moc, Music On Console https://moc.daper.net/ Menu 0 Podcasts screens 0 [PODCASTS] 0 1 <|| PLAY/PAUSE (Toggles moc between play and Pause) 0 2 << INFORMATION(Displays information about the current track) 0 3 << (Move to previous track in playlist) 0 4 << (Move to next track in playlist) 0 5 LIGHT (Toggle back-light on LCD screen) PUSH IN TOP TOGGLE BUTTON (Seek forward or back in current track) Menu 1 Audiobooks screens 1 [AUDIOBOOKS] 1 1 <|| PLAY/PAUSE (Toggles moc between play and Pause) 1 2 << INFORMATION(Displays information about the current track) 1 3 << (Move to previous track in playlist) 1 4 << (Move to next track in playlist) 1 5 LIGHT (Toggle back-light on LCD screen) PUSH IN TOP TOGGLE BUTTON (Seek forward or back in current track) Menu 2 System screens 2 [SYSTEM] 2 1 Sys Information (System information) 2 2 WiFi (Displays WiFi inofrmation such SSID & signal strength) 2 3 HPR (Displays the number days to the next free slots on FPR que) 2 4 Not shown, (Not in use) 2 5 LIGHT (Toggle back-light on LCD screen) PUSH IN TOP TOGGLE BUTTON (Shut-down the Raspberry Pi) Infra-red Sensor Example of my Samsung TV remote control Lirc Article from Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIRC Infra-red sensor turned on Infra-red sensor turned off Kodi article on Wikipedia, (Formerly XBMC) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodi_(software) Example of a message being sent to the unit telling me that a backup is complete. The bright pink LED on the Blinkstick lets me know at a glance that a message has been sent to the display. EEE PC article on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asus_Eee_PC Switch Bounce article on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch#Contact_bounce A flavour of what information is shown when the information button 2 is pushed. The picture showing the title scrolling from right to left was blurred so I didn’t include this. The menu displayed during seek, this in initiated by pushing and releasing the toggle button while either in the Podcasts main menu 0 or Audio book main menu 1. The shut-down menu this in initiated by pushing and releasing the toggle button while in the System main menu 2. View the full article
  21. Earlier
  22. The Autumn issue of 2600 is now out. And this one is pretty historic. For the first time, we're offering a brand new issue in DRM-free PDF format. This is an experiment to see if we can reach all kinds of new people - or old people we've lost touch with over the years for one reason or another. You can help by spreading the word in whatever way you can. Of course, we still have all of the other digital formats (Kindle, Nook, Google Play) plus the standard paper edition. We've also made the paper edition much easier to find. If you're in the United States, simply click here for a handy guide to all of the known stores that sell 2600. Of course, nothing beats the ease of subscribing and having issues sent directly to you. And regarding those other digital formats, you can find them all here. View the full article
  23. Verizon is a widely renowned online email service which is used by millions of users all across the globe. There are several features provided by this service which makes emailing easier. Verizon also provides the users with prominent customer service, which offers benefits like: Ø The users can easily connect with this customer service at any hour of the day. Ø The users would not be charged any money for connecting with this customer service. Ø The executives at this service are well-trained and experienced, which ensures complete satisfaction for the users. Ø Users can easily connect with these executives via chat process or email. The process of connecting with Verizon customer care number is an easy process, and the users also do not have to wait for long durations to get in touch with the executives. Read More: Verizon customer support number ---------------------------------------------- Verizon customer support number | Verizon customer service number | Verizon technical support number | Verizon tech support number
  24. This episode is Part 8 of the Stardrifter role-playing game playtest. The series is composed of two playtest sessions, held earlier this year. They were recorded and chopped into manageable bites, then edited down into separate episodes. This series is meant to give listeners some insight into the RPG construction process. Playtesting is not the final step, but rather, just another stage. The construction of an RPG can be convoluted, and feedback from players is absolutely vital. In this part, the characters reevaluate their life choices, and decide that negotiation is the better part of valor! Special thanks to my playtesters: Thaj, Mark (who was playing Brinn), and X1101! View the full article
  25. In this episode, Dave and his family wander the paths of Sandall Beat Wood in Doncaster to participate in the game of Geocaching. During this time, which demonstrates an unusual level of failure in us playing the game, we try and explain what the game is all about. No, not The Game... As I explain at the beginning of the episode, this is a fairly long episode which hasn't been edited down much, so there are a lot of ambient pauses and heavy breathing to be enjoyed. Recorded in the field on my Olympus DM-3 voice recorder. Caches explored Cache 1 - GC7F8ND - not found Cache 2 - GC50TVW - not found Cache 3 - GC7KRHH - found! Links Link to photos and screenshot geocaching.com Official Geocaching App: Google Play | App Store c:geo Geocaching app: Google Play View the full article
  26. I'm looking for a device that will connect inline on a landline phone. I remember Radio Shack use to sell such a device that when you called the line it asked for a code. If you didn't enter it the phone wouldn't even ring. I've looked at a number of call blocking devices but cant find one with the feature to block all inbound calls and allow only those with the code. Can someone point me somewhere? Thanks
  27. I'm looking for a device that will connect inline on a landline phone. I remember Radio Shack use to sell such a device that when you called the line it asked for a code. If you didn't enter it the phone wouldn't even ring. I've looked at a number of call blocking devices bur cant find one with the feature to block all inbound calls. Can someone point me somewhere? Thanks
  28. http://Vn5socks.net - Service Seller Socks Good - Socks 5 VIP - Pass Paypal Blacklist Example daily 30: It is allowed to get maximium 30 socks for a day. If do not get them you will lose 30 socks in a day ( no incremental socks). An account will be expired after 30 days Payment Methods - PLEASE LOGIN TO PLACE ORDER - Auto payment Perfect Money - PM - Auto payment WebMoney - WMZ - Auto update socks new 24/24 - How to get socks5? -> After buy a package -> Click login -> Click VIEWSOCK -> Click ***.***... to get socks5! -> Contact: Skype: vn5socks.net - ICQ: 673820903 Welcome to http://Vn5socks.net
  29. Buy | EU | | USA | Passes [WhatsApp: +44 7956 962860] Driver's license, ID cards, Visa, We offer real and genuine passports, driving licenses, identity cards, TOEFL, IELTS, birth certificates for the following countries: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Finland, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, United Kingdom , USA and others. We guarantee 100% original documents that you can use with any problem. We have satisfied customers all over the world. contact info E-mail: premiumdocuments00online@gmail.com WhatsApp: +44 7956 962860 http://premiumdocumentsassistance.online/ http://premiumdocumentsassistance.online/ Buy passport online Buy USA passports online Buy Australian Passports online Buy Belgian passports online Buy Canadian Passports online Buy French passports online Buy German Passes online Contact us for all passes online Buy driving license online Renew your driver's license online Order a duplicate license online Replace driver license online Get a new driver's license online Name change in the license online Change your address online
  1. Load more activity