All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Yesterday
  2. Thank you Simple Note! For making a native Linux app with markdown you are AWESOME!  Good bye Evernote! Your web-app just sucks as do your mobile apps! Here is a hint: functionality over JavaScript blinking and sliding widgets!

3. Last week
  4. That's probably coming from whatever network you used to connect; some DMSes like to send an all circuits busy cause code after they play their announcements. I haven't done this on the ex-LCI network Centurylink runs in a while, but iirc, they use MCI to terminate into Canada. 503-802-0086 - Integra Telecom NOC 0204 - DMS-100 DISA dislatone 310-581-0005,0006 - GTE thingie? Picks up and plays fourth column DTMF.
  5. The copy of the BSP I ordered should have the schematic in it, I'm guessing it's nearly the same as the 71A (which I did find) except for battery power instead of DC plant power. I will definitely take you up on that offer, if the BSP doesn't include it!
  6. nice! do you need the schematic? i might have a copy.
  7. I picked this up in a heap of old computer, radio, and telephone equipment, from a guy who had been an engineer in the Navy, then an engineer/lineman/programmer at Bell Labs in NJ: It's an *actual* milliwatt! I can't find the BSP for it online, but I did find a hardcopy on eBay, so I'll scan that in when I get it. Battery test points, this is the battery (well, the top of an old one): 45V "B batteries" were common in old radios and other higher-than-we're-used-to voltages were common in other types of test gear. For instance, a kick meter uses a different 45V battery (looks like a giant 9V and is still made). Top of the internal circuit subassembly, the battery goes in the space seen at the top of the picture: Here's the circuit: Typical Western Electric, potted networks, switchboard jacks, and expensive resistors and capacitors. Not yet sure if the pot varies pitch or level. You can see there's a single very old GE transistor in a metal can package clipped to the side of the uppermost (4002A) network, presumably the only active component in the circuit.
  8. A few years ago I was discussing with some other people on IRC (don't remember if it was Binrev or some other system, probably not important) the USPS network and how similar it is, structurally, to the phone company. Both serve customers through routing/sorting centers (COs) connected through intermediate points (tandem offices), they both have trunks (wire/road; air/radio), they interconnect with third-party long distance companies (UPS, FE, DHL etc.) along with their own, your mailbox (phone) is connected to your local routing center (CO) which may home on another larger sectional and regional center for inter-local routing (like my office in Vancouver which homes on the big postal center in Portland since Vancouver is a tributary of Portland) et cetera, et cetera. Postal COs were once all manual switching (hand sorting) then evolved into semi-manual exchanges (LSM) and eventually a fully automated network (MLOCR, BCS and whatever's replaced those by now). You do still deal with local and rate & route operators (postal clerks) occasionally. We concluded the networks are so similar it's possible to describe each CO, tandem, business office and such in the postal network with a standardized common language similar if not identical to that used by the phone company. Suddenly the idea of lamp posts having CLLI codes doesn't seem so CLLI.
  9. Anyway to SIP onto this badboy? Mpower doesn't have an easily found Sipbroker code, maybe a inum or sip address?
  10. Just found this photo and article, figured I'd leave it here. https://www.rcrwireless.com/20171109/network-infrastructure/switching-it-up-bidding-farewell-to-the-1aess-switch-tag6
  11. This one plays the recording you described plus gives an MCI CBCAD (2BM) afterward that sounds like it was done by their own "noht lady" imitator. Her accent isn't as strong as NT's lady but you can hear it.
  12. Earlier
  13. Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge the Weather Channel has no way of knowing who receives their signal on what equipment unless said equipment answers back to them.
  14. Not a phone number, but I believe the only CO in the nation that had a singing group named after one of its exchanges: https://www.telcodata.us/view-switch-detail-by-clli?clli=OLYMWA02DS0 360-35x - FLeetwood 2 & 7 The Fleetwoods are a popular doo-wop group of the late 50s that formed in Olympia. Originally called "Two Girls and a Guy" but changed to their current name after their agent's exchange because he figured it would be more memorable and quicker for DJs to say on the air. You may have heard them if you listen to oldies or "nostalgia" stations, especially their biggest hits "Come Softly To Me" and "Mr. Blue". They also supposedly recorded a cover of The Browns' "Old Lamplighter" but it didn't chart and I don't believe it was ever released as a single. "The call you made requires a 25 cent deposit. Please consult your instruction card [*toilet flushes*] and... now I told you I was gonna be recording in here!"
  15. It reminded me of the guy who used to be on the Atlanta airport train recordings up until quite recently, actually. It was fairly new, relatively speaking (~2000 or so?), but the voiceover guy tried to go for a oldschool, mid-20th century radio style of announcing. 206-973-5010 - Skeevy sounding psychic line 206-973-5025 - Login prompt for said skeevy sounding psychic line 402-376-0012 - Low speed modem (2400/- bps) AXE-10s seem to always have these weird, off-frequency tones just lying around. If you bothered to call the modems, you'll notice the ring is kinda off-frequency too: 402-376-0025 - Weird tone 402-376-0026 - Other weird tone 402-376-0000 - I can never figure out what this is; all Qwest AXE-10s have them. Notice there's a burst of ring that's more than likely not coming from the AXE-10. Not sure about that reorder. Maybe it's waiting for digits in that whitespace? 402-376-0065 - Coin deposit recording with a *lot* of reverb. I dunno why, but this made me laugh. 402-376-0085 - Modem
  16. Welcome, Agent 5! I was wondering when the TSA would send you to our time period. I hear the weather's nice up in Caldoria this time of year. Sorry to hear about Dr. Sinclair though.

17. With AT&T's large fibre + MPLS backbone, it's gonna be MPLS w/ traffic engineering. So likely unreachable via the public internet.
  18. Oooh.. sorry you’re going through that. Hope you’re safe. I’m actually not in that bad of shape since I got a fresh translation card that had no gremlins left over like my other translation card. So the only thing that I’m just waiting to work on is the Audix thing... which is no big hurry.. you have far more important things to worry about now for sure!
  19. If I remember right, this was taken at Defcon around the turn of the decade or so. Someone was playing it on the bridge, so I don't have a solid reference for where it's from. Keep in mind even that can be a problem sometimes: 304-720-9915, 863-297-9998, 707-262-0086.
  20. I'd consider options other than waiting for a call for assistance for the moment. Sorry. For a lot of reasons, including being in northern Calfornia for those wildfires last week (evacuating tends not to be fun. Not so much because of the impending doom, but because of the obligatory people driving like absolute retards you see in disasters, and having to take a long car trip when you're least in the mood for one), I've had an unusual amount of things to deal with recently. If you want to hop on the bridge one night though, that might be a good way to look into this.
  21. The N4Es specifically have media gateways, so they could just use existing TDM trunks. I don't know what they're run over, but with things that are very clearly running over IP like the 4E-APS redesigns (notice in areas like Los Angeles and New York, the 800-223-1104 ANAC has a different voice. They don't seem to be actively adding these at the moment), I just sorta assume they're at least reachable on the public internet. Occasionally they'll have the sort of staggering packet loss that would imply a bunch of people trying to attack it or something.
  22. Ha, i'd love to see this if you're able to find it. I guess this is exactly how I personally use WarVox...I let it make calls... then I take the list of 'answered' calls and manually dial them to confirm what they actually are. I also use it to 'sort' by the audio waveform.... it makes things like a bunch of "Voicemail Not Set Up" messages easy to find.
  23. The problem with WarVox and a lot of those other programs is it follows the mentality of people who equate this sort of dialing with a relatively menial practice, like nmapping but for phone calls (which to be fair, isn't to say that's not the case in some places. Learning to anticipate when you're going to be left with two wasted hours and a couple milliwatts is an important part of this), and are relatively inexperienced with phone networks to boot. For example, there's a video somewhere of the Warvox developer in particular getting a dialtone from some sketchy route his voip provider used, and mistaking it for something actually coming from what he was trying to call. Anyway, when you get rid of the tediousness of disconnected numbers and subscribers, it's a really enjoyable practice that helps you learn way more about the network than anything else; sort of like a huge improv exercise. Techniques like identifying switches based on the ringback sample they use never would've become a thing if there weren't people practicing hand scanning. There's also a fair number of things that automated analysis will very frequently miss. So the idea behind all this is to keep a level of automated detection for the purposes of indexing; so people know where to look and if they're in a mood for a particular sort of thing, finding them a range that has a lot of it. But also, ultimately, letting a caller be the ultimate judge of what's on the other end, and giving them maximum exposure to the network. So essentially to take the monotony out, keep all the good parts, and organize it in a way that works with a minimal amount of free time. Or to put it simply, I'm kinda tired of half the some numbers posts being mine .
  24. Please tell me they run these VOIP links over their existing physical trunk network and not the greater public Internet... Why "N4E"/"New 4ESS"? Wouldn't "4AESS" have better followed convention?
  25. Alright.. I got both cards. I just have to find a machine to put them in... almost there!
  26. No need for an apology at all, these numbers are outside of the general new "Some Numbers" post... Please consider my time on these a personal thank you to the many posts which I have enjoyed... and the fun numbers i've called (my favorite number being the "AM Transmitter" one). This scan gave me a bunch more interesting items than the previous scan... I've bolded the items I found the most interesting (modems are always interesting, so they haven't been bolded). Number Auto-Scan result Manual scan, comments 6309790003 VOICE Unassigned Extension / Unassigned Voicemail? 6309790051 VOICE …. seemed to be an auto-answer extension at the security desk? 6309790395 VOICE Subscriber 6309790752 VOICE Subscriber 6309790766 VOICE I'm pretty sure this is their "telemarketer torture" voicemail. Scared me at first, I was like "I swore I had the mute on here!". [note, I tried again and got a subscriber, so I'd try this one after hours] 6309791120 VOICE Unassigned Extension / Unassigned Voicemail? 6309791616 VOICE IVR providing different numbers to call, then an inband reorder. 6309792000 VOICE Nokia Main IVR 6309792458 VOICE Subscriber 6309792496 VOICE Subscriber 6309793151 VOICE Subscriber (Security Desk!) 6309794040 VOICE Subscriber (Security Desk!) 6309794732 VOICE RNA -> Reorder 6309795550 VOICE Subscriber 6309796216 VOICE Answers, Dials DTMF. If you send DTMF, it seems to dial the same series again. 6309796322 MODEM Modem tones. 6309796487 VOICE Garage Elevator. Wow. This is the most sophisticated elevator phone I've ever encountered. 6309796515 VOICE Subscriber Voicemail 6309796800 VOICE Subscriber (Security Desk!) 6309796945 VOICE Unassigned Extension / Unassigned Voicemail? 6309796946 VOICE Subscriber 6309796947 VOICE Subscriber 6309796948 VOICE Subscriber 6309796950 VOICE Unassigned Extension / Unassigned Voicemail? 6309796951 VOICE Unassigned Extension / Unassigned Voicemail? 6309796952 VOICE Unassigned Extension / Unassigned Voicemail? 6309796953 VOICE Unassigned Extension / Unassigned Voicemail? 6309796954 VOICE Unassigned Extension / Unassigned Voicemail? 6309796957 VOICE Subscriber 6309796959 VOICE Unassigned Extension / Unassigned Voicemail? 6309796960 VOICE Unassigned Extension / Unassigned Voicemail? 6309796961 VOICE Unassigned Extension / Unassigned Voicemail? 6309796962 VOICE Unassigned Extension / Unassigned Voicemail? 6309797079 VOICE Answered, gave euro ringback tone, subscriber answered? 6309797659 VOICE Subscriber 6309797890 VOICE Subscriber 6309797997 VOICE A weird one. Answers, give an 'elevator phone' like ringback, then provides a very odd tone… Seems to wait for something, then hangs up. 6309798335 MODEM Modem tones. 6309798510 VOICE Subscriber Voicemail 6309799038 VOICE Seems to answer, dial DTMF, and wait for something…. Also, if you dial in to this same # on another phone, you can hear a 'call waiting' beep from the FAR side… # ends the call. 6309799447 VOICE Subscriber 6309799519 MODEM Modem tones. 6309799564 VOICE Subscriber (Security Desk!) 6309799572 VOICE Subscriber (Security Desk!) 6309799608 VOICE Seems to answer, dial DTMF, and wait for something…. Also, if you dial in to this same # on another phone, you can hear a 'call waiting' beep from the FAR side… # ends the call. 6309799622 VOICE Seems to answer, dial DTMF, and wait for something…. Also, if you dial in to this same # on another phone, you can hear a 'call waiting' beep from the FAR side… # ends the call. 6309799624 VOICE Seems to answer, dial DTMF, and wait for something…. Also, if you dial in to this same # on another phone, you can hear a 'call waiting' beep from the FAR side… # ends the call. 6309799627 VOICE Seems to answer, dial DTMF, and wait for something…. Also, if you dial in to this same # on another phone, you can hear a 'call waiting' beep from the FAR side… # ends the call. 6309799635 VOICE Seems to answer, dial DTMF, and wait for something…. Also, if you dial in to this same # on another phone, you can hear a 'call waiting' beep from the FAR side… # ends the call. 6309799649 VOICE Seems to answer, dial DTMF, and wait for something…. Also, if you dial in to this same # on another phone, you can hear a 'call waiting' beep from the FAR side… # ends the call. 6309799713 VOICE Answers, Dials DTMF. If you dial back, it seems to dial the same series again.
  27. No need to invent the wheel, this already exists -- I can assure you I didn't manually dial all 20,000 numbers for the Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia Lab exchange (Speaking of that, I got the other 10,000 recently, i'll post the results in that thread, once I manually go through the results -- things have been very busy for me lately). The software I've been using is WarVox2 along side an Asterisk PBX: https://github.com/rapid7/warvox. (it looks like this software was abandoned from further development about a year ago -- ruby is a bit above my head... but if someone else could take a look and possibly make improvements...?) You set it up and let it run with your parameters -- Once complete, I've been going through and manually re-dialing the numbers, and categorizing (Subscriber/Modem/etc)... It brought manually dialing those Lab exchanges from 20k+ to about ~100. The first round of 10k took the software about 15 hours, and the second round of 10k, after a bunch of tweaking, took nearly 5.5 hours. I've also been using two SIP Trunking providers which seem to allow an unlimited number of simultaneous calls (my record is 200 simultaneous calls -- not for WarDialing, but another project). I'd be happy to share those SIP Provider names with you privately (and you may use your discretion on who to share with further). Also, the cost associated is essentially nothing. Running both the first and second round of 10k cost me only about $0.60 (keep in mind, an uncompleted call is free, and my provider charges in 6 second increments). Would it help if I whipped up a basic guide for a full setup...?
  28. - cue Paranoid by B. Sabath.
    - Python DNS audit script running
    - scan for port 1723
    - scan results for open 21
    - admin:admin, admin:password,admin:1234,admin:12345,admin:123456
    - I pwn your PPTP and they cant find me........

:shuriken:

1. Load more activity