All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Yesterday
  2. Last week
  3. Lately there had been an increase of people, particularly new users, using their account profiles to Spam for companies providing commercial products and services for sale. THIS BEHAVIOR IS UNACCEPTABLE AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. The profile is SOLELY to be used for personal noncommercial uses in accordance with the terms of service, not for advertising. If I or any of the other administrators find you have been misusing your profile in this manner your account will be immediately terminated without further discussion and don't think it won't. Got it?
  4. That is awesome work, I did send ThoughtPhreaker a quick clip of one of the recordings via email, I'm sure he'll get around to replying eventually.. A bunch of new recordings landed on my lap over night so I've made a start on them too, way too much for one person to do quickly so I'll get a clip together of the ones I've got now and the rest will come along as and when I can get to them.
  5. I am really glad I found this discussion, it helped tremendously on trying to figure out how to program my Ernest ETX. some notes from my experience: I could not find a 16x2 LCD on Ebay with just 14 pins. Most 16x2 LCD displays now have 16 pins. The extra 2 pins are for powering the LED back lighting. Pin 15 is 5VDC + and pin 16 is 5VDC -. This point is almost useless in my case as the PCB on the phone did not supply enough power to drive both the LCD and LED back light at the same time. I could not get anything to function properly until I disconnected the power (pin 15 and 16) to the LED back light. As far as wiring the contrast (terminal 3 on LCD) I tried using a jumper wire from pin 2 (5VDC +) to pin 3 (contrast) and I was never able to distinguish anything appearing on the LCD. I also tried it with the wire disconnected and with it just wired to the IDE connection on the phone PCB, no luck. I then tried wiring a 10k Pot with one side to pin 2 5VDC+, the other side to pin 1 (5VDC-) and the center terminal to pin 3 (contrast). At this point I could adjust the contrast to clearly read the LCD display. The pins on the 16x2 LCD were clearly marked but I was unsure of the pin configuration on the phones PCB where the LCD plugs in. This is the pin orientation of the socket on the phone PCB that I found: This is as you look at it on the phones PCB board with the phone standing up in regular position. Top 14- 13 12- 11 10- 9 8 - 7 <This is where the indexing notch is 6 - 5 4 - 3 2 - 1 bottom I am now able to access the programming menu on the LCD I hope this helps anyone looking for it. When I started this project I was told I could not run the pay phone off a voip system. That is not true, I am currently running this from an Ooma voip box. I had to connect a GE wireless phone jack system with the master connected to the Ooma Telo, and the slave unit connected to the Pay Phone. It seems the GE wireless phone jack system reproduces the old landline voltages much more accurately than the Ooma Telo Voip box. If anyone has any experience in programming the Ernest ETX I would appreciate some guidance. I would like to program the phone so all calls are free (it will be mounted inside my home). It would be even better if I could program it so the caller had to place a quarter in the phone but it was returned when the handset was replaced and call ended. I have been through the programming features and have not figured out how to achieve this.
  6. Earlier
  7. We know that in Russia and the former soviet states -- there's much more to be had than CCITT5 still. Me and one or two of the other BinRev people have located about a dozen or so (still finding new ones) switches in that area that still use in-band 2600 signaling -- even more surprisingly, these switches use 2600 SF/Dial Pulse signaling rather than MF! 2 of said switches we've managed to find out a way to reliably bluebox/SF-box -- and there's one that is still a work in progress, and it is yet to be determined whether it's SFable or not.
  8. Some recordings came to me from a source that I trust of phone calls from Russia and around the Baltic area in general, taken 2 or so months ago and in a few of the recordings you'll sometimes hear tones before people answer the phone. I'll put a compilation together soon-ish and upload here for people to hear. The audio can be tinny in places, nothing I can do about that unfortunately.
  9. 8-788/9 = 411 directory assistance IVR, then operator
  10. So, I came across this today: http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/text.jsp?case=D2017-1828 Apparently the company that owns/develops/whatever pfSense nowadays, NetGate, got slapped around for squatting on opnsense.com and using the domain to discredit the OpnSense project. I'd kinda got the feeling that pfSense was heading toward the closed-source corporate end of the scale. That's unfortunate to see. Guess I'll be trying out OpnSense some time -- I use a plain OpenBSD install on the routers I own/manage, but I often recommend pfSense to clients who want to manage their own.
  11. I've been going through more Sun stuff lately, and decided to get IRC up and going on a few things. First off, SPARCstation 10, Ross HyperSPARC 166 MHz, 128 MB RAM, OpenBSD 5.9, running EPIC4 (excuse the mess!): EPIC4 was compiled from source *on* the SS10. Total configure and build time around 25 minutes! Console terminal is a DEC VT320 in 132 column mode. Took a bit to figure out that, when using a 132-column terminal as the system console, you have to set the width in NVRAM. Setting TERM=vt320-w is not sufficient. Second, a SPARCstation IPX, 40 MHz CPU, 32 MB RAM, SunOS 4.1.4, running ircII-2.2.9: Works fine in a SunView console, too! ircII was also compiled on the actual machine, I forgot to time it, but total build time was around 20 minutes or so. It's restricted to 8-char nicks. It's the oldest version I could find that would just build on SunOS 4 -- ircII-1.75 failed to build.
  12. I'm definitely looking forward to it, my Millennium is just sitting on the wall displaying "out of service". I'd still love to somehow find demo code for these phones though in the meantime, someone must have something since I'm seeing more of them running it lately that aren't demonstration terminals... Haven't had any luck thus far though.
  13. Whenever it's ready, I can provide a phone line and modem for this; just say the word. This might actually be a good test case for the Tracfone forwards.
  14. I believe pc-coholic is still working on it, last I heard he was working on a user interface for the fake Millennium Manager
  15. 2-2-8, Canaaallllll-8... 2-2-8, Canaaallllll-8... 2-2-8, Canaaallllll-8... 2-2-8, Canaaallllll-8... 2-2-8, Canaaallllll-8... 2-2-8, Canaaallllll-8......

16. If you dial extension 8411-8414 it will make the automated voice say "Lane ""1-4"" Most pharmacies dont have more than two lanes. So if youre there waiting for a script, dial ext 8413 to hear the voice on the loudspeaker say "lane 3" and watch the employees confusion. its hilarious.
  17. That would make sense, yeah. For whatever it's worth, the Qwest 5ESS you're calling passes the not in service message back over an out of band channel. Some routes might just be responding to that their own way. I tried checking a few cheap carriers, but didn't have any luck. For whatever it's worth, I think Google Voice uses bandwidth.com or Level 3 for outbound stuff.
  18. I think this is what's happening with Google Voice. I happen to use it quite a bit myself and notice the same thing as you do.
  19. So some years ago, someone pointed out to me that Tracfone billing is done on the actual phone itself; not the network. So with that in mind, I gave something a try, had some decent luck with it, and figured I'd pass it on. At least on phones using AT&T's UMTS network (though I assume this applies to the CDMA phones too), general call forwarding is blocked as it should be, but call forward unavailable/busy/no answer has to be active for voicemail to properly work. So sure enough, using standard GSM call forward codes, you can send those calls elsewhere, and it won't deduct any minutes on the account. At this point, you can ditch the phone in a suitably shady manner, like sliding it under a vending machine at the airport. One caveat with this is that the AT&T mobile network's toll trunks _suck_ (you may have better luck with some of the other carriers. I'd try Verizon if it's convenient/CDMA turns out to work). Compared to just straight 1+, these trunks are ridden with discomfort noise and latency. If you're willing to deal with this, at the very least, it will not be transcoded like normal cell calls are. I don't know for sure, but both of these may very well be avoidable anyway if you choose to forward to a number local to, or otherwise within range of direct trunks to the mobile switching center you're assigned a number on. Keep that in mind when you give Tracfone your zip code.
  20. I purchased a Simonics Google Voice bridge (https://simonics.com/gw/) and it works beautifully. I'd like to purchase another so I have a second DID. Does anyone know if they'll allow two SIP trunk registrations from the same host/IP? For $6 I was going to just give it a shot, but they're not taking sign-ups right now. So I figured while I wait I'd ask here. :-D
  21. Actually it is not R11. I checked it and realized that it is R013i.00.0.340.3 release. Please PM me if you have an R13 translation image. Thanks.
  22. I found that R9 translations do not pair with hardware. So I decided other releases do not pair too. In any way, I would appreciate your help. Thanks.
  23. So I dial the same number multiple times with Google Voice (in this case 402-341-9990), and I get multiple different CBCAD recordings, with different trailer codes, different voices, etc. When dialing that number from my phone at work (which is served by a Cox Communications SIP trunk), I consistently get the same NIS recording. Does this happen because Google Voice is terminating the calls via several different providers, and they all have their own recording in response to the cause code that is returned?
  24. The preferable way to dial in is by using a telephone line from your local telephone company.
  25. Hi. I’m new and stuff. 

26. Clay, I've decided what I wanna do. Um, I wanna make the delete key operate in such a way that if you push it down it, it goes back one character, 'n' then if you hold it after about a second it goes delete-delete-delete-delete-delete-delete, y'know what I mean, like a backspace? See, I, I was really concerned with, on, on this one, y'know, tellin' people that you have to, you know, hit escape and all, and I think the delete, it just, it'll, it'll make it a lot better, and if that's not any great trouble to do it in software. Doesn't really matter at what rate it, y'know, it goes backwards, just as long as, after you hold it down about a second it goes delete-delete-delete-delete-delete-delete, y'know what I mean, like a backspace? Yeah, a typematic key, like a backspace on a, uh, uh, an electronic, uh, an electric typewriter. So let's just do that, and that way, uh, we won't have to, you know, hit escape and all, and I think the delete, it just, it'll, it'll make it a lot better, and if that's not any great trouble to do it in software. Doesn't really matter at what rate it, y'know, it goes backwards, just as long as, after you hold it down about a second it goes delete-delete-delete-delete-delete-delete, y'know what I mean, like a backspace? Uh, So let's just do that, and that way, uh, we won't have to... see, I, I was really concerned with, on, on this one, you know, tellin' people that you have to, hit escape and all, and I think the delete, it just, it'll, it'll make it a lot better, and if that's not any great trouble to do it in software. Doesn't really matter at what rate it, y'know, it goes backwards, just as long as, after you hold it down about a second it goes zoomin' backwards, to the, y'know, to the beginning, you know, delete-delete-delete-delete-delete-delete, y'know what I mean, like a backspace? If you understand what I'm saying, and uh, see, I, I was really concerned with, on, on this one, you know, tellin' people that you have to hit escape and all, and I think the delete-delete-delete-delete-delete, it just, it'll, it'll make it a lot better, and...

27. "Hello?"
    "Who the fffuck are you?"
    "This is the answering machine. Who's calling please?"
    "I know, I didn't make a reservation so I can't expect to be able to reach you, goodbye." (click)

28. Their toll network is purely DMS-250s and 300s, yeah. Their hardon for Nortel is pretty pronounced, though; a lot of the ex-Sprint Local territories are almost entirely Nortel switches. Their mobile network is a bit of a different story, though.
  1. Load more activity