SUB-S0NIX

211 Refund/Repair Service

20 posts in this topic

I was playing with the refund/repair service on this payphone.. it was 211 and i noticed it on verizon phones as *88.. i googled the service up and found its provider http://www.payphone211.com which has other services and also if you want to see what im talking about without using a pay phone call (888) 244-3941 its a demo line...

But when i was fucking with it, with my cell phone i wanted to see if it would transfer CID or ANi of any type of the 211 service to be read back.. I tried dialing MCI's ANAC but since its a 800 # it wouldnt let me.. so i loaded up my stanaphone client dialed my stanaphone #... but instead of getting the the 211 service # (so i dont have to use the 211 demo #) it gave me some other # im thinking its my cellular providers routing # of some kind, this isnt my cell # so here it is: 510-764-2750. I called it up and got some stupid error message. I also notice i get this # when i dial *67 with MCI's ANAC i get the same # read back to me? Any one got any clue on why this happens? Is it some sorta switching method? Im kinda lost why this happens? :help: And one more thing that is very odd is that 510 is not my area code? :help:

Some people write well but allow themselves to be disabled by a fear of punctuation and grammar. They know how to prewrite, organize, and revise, but proofreading for punctuation and grammar causes them difficulties. There’s no need to fear these conventions of standard written English. In fact, these conventions can help you become a more effective communicator

Punctuation Made Simple

Seriously man... :help: us to :help: you!

Seriously man... :help: us to :help: you!

My thoughts exactly. "How not to make one giant run on sentence because its hard to read man I mean this one time I was typing an example sentence so that they could understand what it's like to read one of these posts but like anyways it is kinda hard for me to do because I'm not used to it but I will continue anyway see unfortunately I havent stopped mid sentence and typed LOL or # when I want to type 'number' yah so anyways that ends the sentence but wait i have more!!!!11111111 see this is hard to read d00d"

He always seems to make semi-interesting posts, but I've given up reading them as I can't figure out what he's saying.

*shrug* His loss, not mine. :roll:

I know that the verizon cocots here (711 has a contract with them to have them installed at their stores) *8808 and the rest of them say something like "System offline no other req will be made" and when you dial 211 you get the repair automated shit and it will let you make a call of it however if that number was dialed off the system before it will not make it for you.I know I never tried to call bellsmind of it before and when I tried it said that the number was already called and went offline.

Sorry for the blogging, I cant post or write for shit. Everyone has there disabilities and dyslexia is one of mine. So please bare with me. If it helps i will double space between words to make my post more readable, and when posting ill try not to spit out what im thinking on the forums and revise my punctuation.

But any ways, further more pay phones are narley :grr:

If it helps i will double space between words to make my post more readable

why not just use periods to end your sentences.

You could also keep it as simple as possible, proofread, and plan ahead. But who am I to say I'm not much better. seriously talk to me via Instant Messenger.. I have the worst problem or replacing words with other words, transposing, wrong punctuation, and horrible at spelling. I know how to write better then I come off but I don't know what a matter with me.. I'm just ridiculous.

SUB-SONIX: The biggest problem with your posts isn't really your grammar as much as you assume that people know what you're talking about.

I'll explain:

I was playing with the refund/repair service on this payphone.. it was 211 and i noticed it on verizon phones as *88.. i googled the service up and found its provider http://www.payphone211.com which has other services and also if you want to see what im talking about without using a pay phone call (888) 244-3941 its a demo line...

But when i was fucking with it, with my cell phone i wanted to see if it would transfer CID or ANi of any type of the 211 service to be read back..

In this sentence you mention "it" twice. What is the "it" that you're refering to?

I tried dialing MCI's ANAC but since its a 800 # it wouldnt let me..

What wouldn't let you dial an 800 number? Once again you keep saying "it" without explaining to us what you are refering to.

so i loaded up my stanaphone client dialed my stanaphone #...

Stanaphone? What's Stanaphone?

but instead of getting the the 211 service # (so i dont have to use the 211 demo #)  it gave me some other # im thinking its my cellular providers routing # of some kind, this isnt my cell # so here it is: 510-764-2750.

What number is that? Is that the number that 211 reads back? If so then say that.

I called it up and got some stupid error message.

Called what up? Which number? The 510 number?

I also notice i get this # when i dial *67 with MCI's ANAC i get the same # read back to me?

When dialing it using your cell? or what?

Any one got any clue on why this happens? Is it some sorta switching method? Im kinda lost why this happens?  :help: And one more thing that is very odd is that 510 is not my area code?  :help:

:lol: I love how this went from a question on phreaking to phreaks giving a gramatical lesson. This one is down in the record books as the quickest most turned around post.

damn it I forgot what I was doing :/

Oh yeah pulling a session.

"Rephrased and hopefully more understandable"

-Theres a service out there called " www.payphone211.com " and it is used by pay phone providers and cocots. Ive seen this service on many pay phones that i have encountered. This service lets you request a problem with the phone and make a free call out if the phone took your money. ( Where I live most Verizon pay phones have this service and you have to dial *88 to call it )

- After i found the providers site ( www.payphone211.com ) from google, I dialed up their "Free Demo Line" ( which is 888-244-3941 ). So ya i dialed the number and tested it out and called my cell phone from my land line. So when i was calling my cell phone using www.payphone211.com refund/repair service number i noticed it read back the number " 510-764-2750 ".

- The odd thing about this number is, the areacode 510 is not my area code. So i called 510-764-2750, it played back a error message saying that the number has not been connected or is out of service. So then i figured well if it doesnt lead me to www.payphone211.com's main dial in number then why the hell is it showing that number.

- I was then assuming that it probably passes some fake CPN or CID. So i then try calling my land line with my cell phone to see if it gets that same number that appeared on my cellphone ( which again is 510-764-2750 ). When i dialed and the call went through it just displayed "Unknown Name and Unkown Number" on my land line phone.

- So further more I began to play with the servic regularly from pay phones making free calls when i needed to make a call and i used payphone 211's demo line ( 888 244-3941 ). Then one day i dialed MCI's ANAC from my cell phone( 1-800-444-4444 ), but instead of dialing "1" i dialed it using *67 before the 800. To my surprise MCI reads back that same number that i got when i called payphone211 from my land line to my cell phone ( 510-764-2750 ).

*Now my question is what could this number be? Could it be one of my providers routing numbers of some kind? Or is it some kind of false CID my cell provider displays when making long distance call? Some also suggested it could be pseudo CID?

( I hope this is more under standing and more thorough )

ok MCI's 1-800-444-4444 reads back caller id and if you block your caller id it reads ANI. so this basically means your cellular providers outdial ANI is set to 510-764-2750. when you place a call from your area and it uses your providers towers its going to set that as your ANI. if you were to roam and get on someone elses network then that outdial ANI would be different. so yeah.

its weird that the 211 payphone thing sets it to the same ANI. no idea why really.

Ok so thats one of my cellular providers towers ANI? So its a real active number but i geuss they just setted up a error message to distract attetion to the number. The next time im in a different coverage area of my provider im going to dial up mci's anac and *67 my number and see if i get a different cell tower number. PHUN! thanks natas... :grr:

im not sure if they set it up to just be an error recording or what. but ive noticed that the number is never usually a working number with a bunch of providers.

this is interesting.. atleast to me.

Wow, I feel like I was just in english class. This is all very interesting. On a side note, all the payphones are slowly vanashing around my town without a trace. I guess the time of the payphone is comming to an end... :(

Yeah payphones here are slowly diminishing here too.. I'll usually find a group of two payphone holders but one phone in it.. I'm going to get the one phone about 2 miles away from my house it's been laying in this parking lot of atleast 7months.. I believe it's public domain now.