Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
.The_Box.

1010 Numbers.

17 posts in this topic

I keep seeing 10-10-2880 bieng thrown around ALOT. What exactly is it? I read a thread where alot of people on here said that cell phones cant use it, and I tested that theory today at lunch and its true.

What exactly are other 10-10 numbers?

What do they do?

-The Box

That really doesnt help me much, I cant understand the majority of it. Its like a third world language to me... :(

The way I understood it was you use the number at a payphone to get around the extra charges when using a calling card.

Since you all seem to be so hesitant to read anything on your own

Ok, 1010 numbers are specially set up. They are in the form of a local number (1010-288 for example. 1010288 is AT&T. The 0 afterwards is for... you guessed it, an operator through AT&Ts service. In this case an automated operator. Search for op-diverting and such even on just these forums and such and you will learn the uses of this.

Let me simplify it for you. When you dial a long-distance telephone call it has to be routed along a setup long-distance network of cables. Now since it would be unfair to just stick somebody with one long-distance network that charges rates higher than what you could get with say MCI or Sprint's network, there are ways to re-route your call, like intersections on railroads. Different network backbones (for telco and internet) meet at network intersections called point of presences or co-location centers that are located all over the country in large cities, where essentially your call is decided how to be routed. If you want your call to be routed using MCI instead of Sprint, the equipment routing your call needs to know how to tell which one you want. Every long-distance carrier has something called a Carrier Identification Code (CIC) or PIC. It's a 3-5 (mostly 3) digit number assigned to each "carrier" that when prefixed by 10-10- tells the equipment routing your equipment which CIC to use and route the call in. AT&T's CIC is 288. So if you want to make a call using AT&T's network just dial 10-10-288 first. I probably could have simplified it better than that, but it helps with the bigger picture. Also a tip, unless you didn't already know this 10-10-288-0 brings you to an AT&T help menu.

Hmm.. that helped me understand 1010's better than i use to. But for example say your on the west coast and your on sprints network but you want to use at&t's network and its on the east coast, how would this help? does sprint have some knida direct network to at&t that has a low rate so u can use it for less? Ima search some shit up it would be kool to route into say another nations phone system like canada and whatever carriers that they have other there.

PIC CODES: http://www.thedigest.com/faq/picodes.html

And does any one know a get around so a cell phone can dial 1010 #'s? i know it has some to deal with idetification of the line theres a specific name for this i remember lucky explaining this in one of dougs shows on how he some how by passed the extra calling card, pay phone surcharge by changing some thing?

And does any one know a get around so a cell phone can dial 1010 #'s? i know it has some to deal with idetification of the line theres a specific name for this i remember lucky explaining this in one of dougs shows on how he some how by passed the extra calling card, pay phone surcharge by changing some thing?

Cell phone or calling card? Make up your mind.

You can bypass the payphone surcharge on Prepaid Long Distance by passing an ANI II pair that does not belong to a payphone (27,70). I am not sure if 101-0288-0 passes ANI II fail or some other ANI II, but it does trick AT&T Prepaid (1-800-569-6972) into not charging the surcharge (currently 15 units).

Edit: On a side note, op-diverting to a toll free passes ANI II 23 which isn't identified as a call that needs to be billed the surcharge.

Edited by BlakeOPS

if your on the west coast it will probably use at&t's west coast equipment. you can tell what it uses by dialing a realtime anac off 10102880 and if it gives you a 212 ANI then it used the shit in NY if it gives you some other area code as the ANI, then thats where the equipment it used is located. it should use the closest one to you.

if you cant dial it on a cell phone you can try just getting an op on your cell with 0, or 0# and asking for at&t long distance and if it goes to the 10102880 recording then your all good, but it might not. then your outta luck.

Hmm.. I was referring to that ANI II trick becuase i was thinking maybe my provider is blocking me from dialing into a PIC or dial around # and i could change the digits through some other work around get be connected but i geuss not..

Another annoying issue that pisses me off is i cant dial 0 from my cell for a operator i get a error message i tried dialing 0# to no luck any one know a 1-800 # or some operatoring service that i can use instead? another stupid thing is i cant even dial 411!!! ( fucking PCS prviders are cheap asses..)

Why not use a landline?

BlakeOPS: have you tried boxing on that sinclair phone(120 Curtis Rd.) in champlin?? I can try it(like a mile away)... but i thought you might know... It has been there for years from what I can remember... and it does accept incoming calls so I am guessing that its not muted.

Edited by C0n

btw this shit is outdated,.Anyone know which ones work for AT&T besides 288?

I want to be leet and change my anifail to a differrent npa than 602;I know I have att as my local and I would think that you cant dial the same pic codes as someone else could.Probally worded this weird but whatever.

BlakeOPS: have you tried...

Lets talk about this over AIM or email.

AIM: BlakeOPS

Email: BlakeOPS@Gmail

I prefer AIM.

Oh leet theres 1016 numbers for att that change your ani to different origninating trunks or whatever.Whats the rest of them I have the one that passes 925 as the ani,thx to av1d,whos got teh rest?

Just a minor correction here: PIC codes are in the format 101-XXXX. At the present, I believe only the 0, 5, and 6 thousand groups are assigned.

Yo,who knows of any 10x test numbers?