Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jera

Keepass

6 posts in this topic

I know a lot of you are security minded along with being open source minded and have probely already heard of this and use it. For those of you that have not I must say that I love this program. Here is the url keepass you must check out this program. Basically it is a database that stores information and passwords. You populate the database with information that you want. For me I created accounts for each of the forums that I go to. I used to use the same password for each one because it is easy to remember but no longer. I let this program generate passwords for me. You can chose the length and the type of info that will be used such as upper case, lower case, numerals, special characters and so on. You can then open the program and right click an account and chose copy password to clipboard (you can chose how long it info will stay in the clipboard before it is erased) then just past it. It makes it so easy. The one other feature (I have not tried this) is to make a physical key. Without this "key" one can not open the database. You can use anything that can be written to such as a cd, thumb drive, etc. Please check out this program and tell me what you think. I believe this program will make it easier for you to "remember" passwords to everything you need one for.

Thanks,

Jera

This actually sounds really cool. I may have to check this out. I like the physical key feature. That's really awesome. Good post Jera.

--moved to links--

i use a program like this on a thumbdrive, that i carry with me everywhere. im going to check this one out, thanks jera.

Sounds like a good download for me, because I have so many different passwords.

--moved to links--

i use a program like this on a thumbdrive, that i carry with me everywhere. im going to check this one out, thanks jera.

Just use an encryption lock on your thumbdrive and use standalone firefox, with the passwords saved... simple simple

Just use an encryption lock on your thumbdrive and use standalone firefox, with the passwords saved... simple simple

That is good if you are just talking about passwords for the websites you go to. I put passwords for different computers I use, email programs, etc. You can store passwords for anything on it and one of the best parts is the notes. Below the password and username is a notes area. You can type in anything you want. Say you signed up for a free ipod or something and you want to remember to cancel the blockbuster deal u had to sign up for. Easy enough put it in the notes section.

I have to say I find this program very useful. At school on thursday someone told me a few websites to visit so I opened up my keepass and typed the info in notes. If you have not tried the program you should it is quite useful.

Thanks,

+J