Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jera

drivers license # is based on soc #??!!!

8 posts in this topic

I just heard on one of the rfa episodes (8?) that your dl# is based on your soc#?? Is that true? If so how do I go about fixing that?

Thanks,

Jera

I just heard on one of the rfa episodes (8?) that your dl# is based on your soc#?? Is that true? If so how do I go about fixing that?

Here in Massachusetts, it's an option. Years ago in Mass, a driver's license number was always your SSN, but now people have the option to choose if they want a random number or their SSN as their driver's license number.

About how to fix it.... It really depends on your state's law. Find out if your state's DMV offers the option to have a random number as your driver's license number. Then ask if you can change it from the SSN to a random number. You'll probably have to pay to change it. You're better off just waiting untill it's time to renew your license, then change it.

Edited by vox

in fla thair was a program you just inter dob and your ss# and it would generate your dr#

Here in Massachusetts, it's an option. Years ago in Mass, a driver's license number was always your SSN, but now people have the option to choose if they want a random number or their SSN as their driver's license number.

About how to fix it.... It really depends on your state's law. Find out if your state's DMV offers the option to have a random number as your driver's license number. Then ask if you can change it from the SSN to a random number.

If this is the case, isnt it just a matter of time until someone's social security number is used randomly for someone else, and they cannot get a license that is their soc?

-elchoaro

it depends on the state. Like in Iowa up till a year or two ago your SSN was you DL# and you had an option of having a different one. I found it better to have my SSN on my license cause then I didn't need a SS card in my wallet. But now we have a mix of numbers and letters that makes no damn sense to me. It all depends on the state, check with the local DOT or DMV dependong on which does licensing in your area.

If this is the case, isnt it just a matter of time until someone's social security number is used randomly for someone else, and they cannot get a license that is their soc?

Impossible. The random numbers they issue are all prefixed by an "S" and possibly another letter. And the numbers following the "S" are not the same length as an SSN.

Edited by vox

Impossible. The random numbers they issue are all prefixed by an "S" and possibly another letter. And the numbers following the "S" are not the same length as an SSN.

Oh ok. Thanks.

-elchoaro