Subzero1037

Time to step it up...

38 posts in this topic

Im new here but partially in light of these things have opened a webspace.......20GBspace 400 GB band and will be building an informational site with some things that i am working on as well as hosting hopefully the entire slackware linux database and some other things that i think are useful.

So thanks for the wakeup call

I believe it's always important to keep challenging yourself, keep learning and improving through projects that also benefit to others.

I'm a french-canadian computer engineering university student, new to this place but always eager to learn. I have a bit of experience with c++ and php and would be delighted to work on any project that could contribute to the community. I'm always looking for new challenges to improve myself, so I'm game for anything :)

Personally, I am working on making a set of tools in php to provide computer-cellphone interaction. Something that is quite an advantage for users of the Telus service here in canada, considering that one can browse around on the internet for free on some phones :) (don't even need to have money in your account). But as I said, I'm game with helping anyone with a productive project. I'm just waiting for the suggestions people :).

Here's an idea for a tool:

Make program that will:

1) Craft a buffer for use in:

1.1) buffer overflows

1.2) format strings

2) Remote gdb over SSL/blowfish

3) Edit ELF32/ELF64 binaries to add/delete/modify sections

4) Stack trace for local binaries

5) Anything else

You could set up a cvs server to get this started.

Here's another idea:

start auditing code

For those of you that don't read the "Hack Radio/TV" forum here is a recently started project that everyone can take a day and participate in. If you have ever thought about starting your own radio show check out the Hacker Media Public Access project first. With this you can create just one episode without the commitment and effort of starting a whole new show.

Also check out this keynote speech by Jason Scott from the Rubicon5 convention. It has to do with getting off your ass and starting something.

http://www.cow.net/conned/rubicon5/keynote.ogg

Edited by kizzle

I can't do much computer stuff now, but phreaking is cool for me. Bring on the phone sh1t.

Hey... Most of ya probably don't even remember me, its been so long, but right now im working on a suite of programmers utilities(i.e switching between number systems) as well as an emergency cd setup for working on a blank windows box(modular c compiler, working on porting in python/perl)... If anyone is interested in helping pm me.

Nyx

* BUMP *

It's a new year people. Now is a good time to step it up. I am. B)

I'm in for any kind of communal project.

In the last year I've done a lesson guide to learning the binary system, a relatively popular QCD skin, tons and tons of websites, and movies (among learning C programming and Japanese). If there's a project of sorts we want to start off the ground, I can offer my skills in the client-side web programming/management dept, the video editing/encoding dept, basic streaming servers dept, and the graphics dept (covers, signs, photochopping madness).

Edited by Seal

well my project at the moment is learning c++ now that i've finsished my year long process of becoming very skilled in *nix ....mainly gentoo

if anyone would like to help me some via aim or irc or something email me (specter1337@gmail.com) or aim me fl0wctrl....more specificly bolean operatrors are giving me a hard time.

Edited by specter

Ive been working on a project or two.

Im in the process of developing a TV show about the 'system.' Mainly, finding flaws and showing whats up. Instead of saying "Oh look you can do this!" Say "Look at this problem.. heres a few ways to fix it, that solve the problem" For example, one part im working on, is registering a kid into my local school system that doesn't exist. (When you see this, you will see all the dumb ways to prevent kids from out of the area from registering, its all stupid) And I will go over ways to fix it.

But unfortunatly, with the loss of my main ways to get around (A car) Its been slightly hard to get things done by myself. So, as soon as I get another car, work will proceed much faster, I plan on producing a show here in the next few months if things go good.

Also working on a few ways (Following a few topics of discussion in random places of this forum) to pretty much control things like, Sprint and Verizon cell services.

So I got a few things going on, and as always, any help in the way of the show would be appreciated. (Like filming or whatever)

sound very cool...I'll be sure to watch it

what are you doing next..flaws in the justice system?

Well, at the moment, were a bit low on great ideas.. But, we got a few with things like, getting into peoples accounts, and some hard core SEing. Like, I mentioned before, controlling other peoples Sprint accounts, adding on cell phones, etc. We have a few sessions of wardriving, and 'peaking' at peoples files. Then, telling them how to secure the system. Some people dont like that for some reason.

But, were always keeping an eye out for interesting things to record.

Just came across this thread and hopefully it will get me started in writting articles again. My latest interest is VoIP. I'm the 'VoIP Guy' at work and have been in charge of our Cisco Call Manager since I started. I had no formal training on the system, but in the last year and a half have learned soo much about the system just by tinkering around and reading everything I can about it. I've been wanting to do a write up or overview of the system, how it works and how the companion voicemail system, Unity, works. Look for something in the next couple months!

BTW, if anyone wants to work together on this project, PM me and well get some ideas and direction going for the paper!

_0z_