Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
apollyon

Router Simulators?

8 posts in this topic

i've been looking around for a decent router simulator for linux, specifically simulating cisco routers. i've used eSIM in my CCNA classes but now that my house is 100% linux i'd like one for linux and would rather not write one myself. any help would be appreciated.

I dunno bro .. I have used the CCNA Virtual Lab software for Windows and it was damn good. Maybe run it under wine. I haven't seen any linux software that was comparable to it.

hmmm what routers do u need.. unfortunately i havent used a sim in a long time because i have access to the hardware directly..

Are you looking for a linux distro to act and interface like a cisco router, or are you looking for software to run on linux that will emulate a cisco router?

I think he is looking for something that would emulate a cisco router. If there were a piece of software out there, that would be cool. To emulate any router.

There is a project out there called freesco. Its not an emulation piece of software, but if you have an old box lying around you can throw freesco on it and you now have a cisco router in your home!

http://freesco.org

interesting.

i'm not looking for the functionality of a router, just emulation of the console.

I have to configure a bunch of cisco switches XL3500 i believe for work and i think that my boss actually was contemplating buying an emulation kit or something like that so we could test out some of our new radius server settings. Now these are just advanced switches really,,but if i can get him to buy the software and give me a copy i'll send it your way