Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pi_

Phone Tap.

9 posts in this topic

I'd like to know how to make a "phone tap". I wouldn't really call it a tap. It's for my own house, kinda like a device that will let me listen or even record conversations that go on over the phone. (I don't want to pick up my own phone because you can hear that. I even have a spare phone jack and wire. I have no idea what doing this would require.

speaker + wire

positive (+ red) to ring (red)

negative (- black) to tip (green)

I'd make some sort of switch in the middle. But you can whip up a million ways to listen in. If you want to record your conversations you can take like a 1/8" jack (headphone) with copper ends and attach clips to them and hook them to ring and tip and then plug it into the mic jack. And if you wanna be a real ass you can use that same cord to play music into your line.

Edited by Bizurke

Thanks for the quick replies. I am going to try that last one (trying to avoid buying anything because i'm currently broke). *looks for spare speaker*.

if you have any troubles pm me and I'll give ya a hand or something

I think you can use some software on your computer to do this as well. I think the software is free and I think thescreensavers has some info on this. Good luck and stay safe.

Thanks,

Jera

:blink: since were on the topic ...

RIGGING a TWO WAY WALKIE TALKIE to do your dirty work... you either have the option to go to radio shack and buy a line to mic and speaker jack box... formally known as a orange box and connect that to your transmitter walkie talkie if it has mic and speaker jacks then go to your victimes house split the line from the TNI box and listen in on the same channel transmitting from the transmitter..

the technical way.. if u dont have any mic and speaker head set jacks on your walkie talkies... open one up or the one that will be your transmitter... find the solder mic points in the open walkie talkies green board and rig a cut phone line wires to the mic or solder them for that matter and tape down the TALK button on the walkie talkie and pre set the channel and plant the tap and your good to go.. :grr: taps are extremely fun especially when you want to fascinate extremely stupid people ... some even funner if you want to listen in and talk on a line rig up a RECEIVER the same way u would rig up a TRANSMITTER split it to the victims line and talk with your other walkie talkie on it.. bad things about this is.. the little 10 year old down the block might be waiting for the little girl across the street to use her walkie talkie and they might be on the same channel and the victims line who is tap'ed will hear the interference.. but any one have other good home rigged shit?

EDIT: the software your talking about i think is MODEM SPY and can be downloaded at phonelosers.org

Edited by SUB-S0NIX