Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain B

Would it make for a good phile, etc..

5 posts in this topic

For some time now, I've thought ABout writing a text phile dedicated to the topic of alternate power sources. My question to all of you is, would this make for a g00d topic to write a phile on, or does that topic kinda suck a**? Just figured I'd get some feedback from all of you on that. And, on another note. I think I know the answer on this, but does anyone here live in a VERY rural area like the state of Idaho? I think there may be at least some parts (if not multiple parts) in that state that still friggin' use a step by step switch at the CO. Not even electromechanical crossbar switching or anything! But, of course, It's older technology like crossbar and other stuff that seems more phreekable anywayz. So, if what I heard is true ABout that area... well, who knows? Maybe blue boxing and black boxing may still have a chance of working out there.And, I've wondered if Bell South country still has some CO switches a bit behind digital switches like 5ESS, DMS-100, and what not. Just wanted to bring this up for anyone considering trying to blue box within the US. Hmm... gotta wonder when it comes to places like Wyoming, Montana, Hawaii and Alaska as well. Take care all! Peace-0rz!

BTW... I'd REALLY love to get into the program code, and maybe tweak it for some of the PC games that I own. But, since this sort of thing Isn't telco related, It's more of a weak are as far as my personal knowlege goes. So, would I use a hex dump or hex edit program of some type. It needs to be a freeware download, otherwise, I ain't touchin' it d00d. It might be kinda interesting to try a small touch of hacking rather than phreaking for a change. So, if anyone can just point me in the right direction as far as a URL here goes, then all I can say is muchos gracias mi amigoo. (...Poor favor). Peace.

I would deffinatly read it, it sounds rather intresting.

I'm quite sure there is plenty of places that still do. And Idaho is a rather slow state when it comes to modernization (sp?) too.