Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Juv3nil3 Ph15h

Ubuntu Warty Warthog Released

5 posts in this topic

The other week I came accross a Linux distro when I was checking out new ones on google. I came accross Ubuntu, which has recently been slashdotted. It is Debian SID based, but it has some key features, including Gnome 2.8. It is a very solid distro with great package support and a great community. It works really well, and overall I have had a very positive experience with it. Also, since it is debian compatible it has a pretty solid support base. Overall I think its a great distro to try out. I can't comment on if it would be a good distro for n00bs or not because I used the expert install and configured a lot of parts myself, but I can testify that it is excellent for the power user. If anyone else is trying this let me know what you think of it.

what kind of system did you put it on? know if it works good on old comps, like p1's ?

It should work on Original Pentiums, maybe even 486s, although I probably would reccomend u run something other than gnome if you need a window environment. I am currently running it on an Athlon XP 3200+ with 1gb ram, and also on a Pentium 3 750MHz laptop. My other comps are reserved for things such as FreeBSD, Fedora, and Gentoo.

Edited by Juv3nil3 Ph15h