Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain B

Here I is, back AT LAST!

5 posts in this topic

Here I am, the one that you know, asking for another day. Understand the one that you know... umm... what's the next part... erm... WHITE PLASTIC! Yeah, that's the ticket! Heh, heh. Wuz up, my ph311ovv pHr33k-4-z0iDz? At last, after enduring moths of no Internet access, I made it back again! Here's sum shtuff fo ya' 2 play wit... 866-341-9911, 9912, and 9913... (perhaps maybe otherz in that 99xx range) get ya' directory assistance. No, not toll free directory assistance like as in 800-555-1212. I mean directory assistance like as in national 411. Umm... at least I think it covers the nation. Found it about a week agoo. Hopefully, I'm remebering da number right on that. If not, I hooked up 2 otherz with this same info. Care to guess who one of those people are? If I got the numbers wrong on this, I gave the green light to my homey to drop it on the P&G site. By Halloween (my ABsolute fave time of year), I expect to be back out visiting someone in the mid-west again. On other topics, does anyone know of any free white list Email service providers? Since I've been inactive in cyberspace for so long, my old Email account was shut down due to prolonged inactivity. But, I was gonna look for a new place to call home via Email anywayz. And, since I friggin' HATE on spam in all forms like U wouldn't believe, I'd REALLY like to go with white list filtering this time 'round. I feel that It's probably about the only hope of truly getting a handle on spam. Even if anyone knows an URL where I could surf on over to for downloading a free white list filter that could be added on to my web based Email account (assuming it wouldn't only work an installed Email client like Outlook, or some craptacular installed Email client). If anyone knows anything, let me know. Sure wish some telco had white list phone number blocking, too. That'd be pretty damn suh-vv337! Who'd need the national "do not call list" if some ILEC or even CLEC telco offered that optional service? Meantime, if anyone needs to get a hold of me, my hackermail account is still active. (captain_b@hackermail.com). I've also started considering setting up a free mail acount via www.hackinthebox.org. BTW, finally gots me a MUCH better PC over this past summer. I was friggin' running a Pentium II MMX, 266Mhz with 224MB ram, 4GB hard drive, Winblows 98, and a old a$$ 640x480 VGA monitor before. It's still not top of the line or nothin', but at least now I'm running on a Celeron 2.66 Ghz with 256MB ram, 80GB hard drive, Win XP home edition service pack 2, DVD R/RW drive, and a monitor with 1280x1024 max screen rez. (Which I'm alwayz runnin' in). Good to FINALLY have better equipment to work with. Funny thing though, by now, I managed to get more ram from someone for my old PC, so now, my old p2 MMX has 512MB! Well, at least both PCs have 2 CD drives I put in 'em. the 2nd in this one is a 40x CD drive with no burning capability. Oddly enough, I even found a good perfectly working monitor I trashed picked shortly after getting this PC. It has a larger screen, and more screen rez that that old VGA moniotr as well. So now, I have that one connected to the old PC. Oh, yeah, and both PCs have internet keyboards and scroll wheel mice. Now, if only I had a Cat5 crossover cable, or serial cable, or somethin', I could retrieve what left over files are on the old PC, and bring 'em over to here. But, I've been re-downloading a LOT of the old shiz-nit, too. Well, there ya' have it. An update on all that is my.. umm.. *COUGH* "life" lately. Now, if I could just think of something new and worthwhile to finally write a new text file about, I'll be g00d 2 g00. For now, peace out amig00s! :roll:

too much to read, but get gmail man. I've got 1 peice of spam that was filtered correctly since I"ve had gmail (few months) and I absolutly love it, as most do. I got an invite if ya need one, bizurke [a] gmail.com if ya want one.

I refreshed BinRev last night and your post was already here waiting for me. I should have had checked what the new topics were.

Here's a good tip: Make a known email address, that you use everywhere, and get spam there. Then, for talking directly with people, use something else. Gmail is pretty good but there was way too much hype for it.

I mentioned about that number in the "some numbers" thread. Man, I used to find all sorts of crap. I need to start scanning again. Wait, I started another scan the other night. I just don't know where to send it when I'm done. Just bellsmind?

Here's a good tip: Make a known email address, that you use everywhere, and get spam there. Then, for talking directly with people, use something else. Gmail is pretty good but there was way too much hype for it.

I mentioned about that number in the "some numbers" thread. Man, I used to find all sorts of crap. I need to start scanning again.

Sorry fur posting shtuff that was already posted as far as the toll free national directory assistance shtuff goes. Hola, mi amigo, senor P! Como esta? DefiniteLy good 2 b back, dawg! As for G mail, yeah yeah, I know, I know. My dawg Veric0n already hooked me up wit dat. (Umm... I think anyway. Haven't heard a user name or password on that one, though). But, I did find a place to download free white list software to work in conjunction with web mail. It's on www.digiportal.com/homeproducts.html - And frankly, I just really prefer white listing shtuff over Gmail, or any other spam filter shiz-nit no matter how good it may be. Just my personal preferance. It's just a shame no free web based Email providers seem to want to include white list filtering as part of the service. Hmmm... actually, as I think on it, I'll bet even on "premium" web mail service you'd be a little hard pressed to get white list filtering included. What I like so much about WL filtering is that It's about as complete a spam eliminator as has been developed so far. (At least, AFAIK, anyway). I REALLY only want to receive mail from the people I choose, and ABsolutely NOBODY else. Good thing I'm not some kinda control phr33k, huh? ;) Anywayz, I guess at this point, I'll just shtick with non WL filtering. If spam gets to be too much to handle (again), I may look into getting some WL warez. For now, pizza 0ut! *MUNCH!*