Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ennui

Relay Op

13 posts in this topic

This was strange.. this morn at around 2:15 a Californa Relay Op called me and relayed the message:

[This is Relay Op725 the do you know how to use this? The user is on computer]

Op725(or something):Hello

Me: um yeah uh.. hi.. um..

O: Can you talk?

M: um...uh..ye..na..yeah sure...

O: Is this ****(my name here)?

M: er.. uh.. yeah.. um..yeah.. Who is this?

O: This is Bo from eight grade remember we had sex?

M: er..um..uh..s-s-su--no..um yeh sure.

[me trying to talk to the operator telling her this was crazy]

O: remember me now?

M: who the is what? uh.. no..yeah.. uh.. Operator stop typeing I'm trying to talk to you the Op. Can you trace this? Hey you Can you trace..[uh sir we are not allowed to talk to you] [me scrambling to figure out who this is][operator says the user diconnected] um.. [This has been Relay Operator 725??? California Thank you.

So then in a slight fear but nothing to worry about other then the fact they matched my name with phone number. I dial 00 then 1 then 0 operator comes on. I explain my situation and she tells me basically there is nothing to be done as relays are anonymous and she could put some type of watch on my line. and it was probably just kids.

Now this wouldn't bother me if it wasn't for them knowing my first name.. After all this I googled my full name, phonenumber, aliases, email addresses, and other stuff. Looking for my name to be with any of it. and I found nothing.. I did however find stuff I had forgot about.

My question is.. should it bother me?.. I mean everyone is asleep but me.. then have my first name probably my last and my phone number which gives my address but the operator was from Cali. I don't know who this is I never use my realy name online.. except for signing up for important things and even then I usually use an alias. I'm paranoid by nature but yeah.. I mean I don't care who it was as long as I know.. and they know that it was too late to call. That is if it was legit. Only one of my friends would know about phone relay stuff and he lives in New York and he wouldn't do it because he know it'll wake up my dad. um.. also..

Does Relaying messages cost the receiver? or is it like included in the taxes or whatnot.

Oh and does the relay ops location mean anything?

Edited by ennui

Relay is a free service first of all. The ops location really doesn't mean much to you for your purposes of finding out who it was. I've used relay before, and yeah, it's anon. Being worried about it? Don't be. My guess is it was a friend who decided to have a little fun...I know from experience ;) But there's nothing to really worry about imo. As they say in an italian accent "Forget about it" :P

I thought the acent was more brooklyn.. but yeah italian works. But the thing is none of my friends are interested in telephones more that you have to be.. none of them know what a relay service is.. but ok.. I'm not worried about it.. unless it becomes a problem.. then I'll go ninja on someones ass. :ninja: oh yeah, thanks.

Edited by ennui

:lol::lol: haha, I have no idea, I've only heard people do impressions of it. But yeah, that's how it is with me, I'm the only one I really know interested in hacking, and social engineering. Well, in person anyway. But yeah, I feel ya guy... go ninja on his ass...good plan...

Yo any has any one use one of these for like ordering shit.. or say u want some information... like a question about some part or some thing.. instead of me calling up and asking for the qeustion it makes it easier to go straight to a qeustion... like say u want to cut some ones phone service off but dont know their full informatioin.. besides name address... you could use the relay service and say your disabled with short term memory loss and need to cut your service off becuase u cant pay it no more... or you want to ask some questions like how to reprogram a cable box and how your cable box is networked... you could go through the relay and say your a disabled person who is curious... :grr: most of the time it should work becuase the service your calling has policies on statisfying a customer so they will have to deal with you and your qeustions...

RO service depends on who its through. Most likely you had a IP RELAY Call which from the looks of it if that is verbatim they broke protocol for proper relay according to most proceedures. For ip relay calls they have no charges to either end and are limited by only not making intl calls and not making 900 calls.

As far as knowing your information the RO will see both your number and location and thats it. They are held by a VERY STRICT confidentiality which is controlled by the FCC. It almost looks like someone fucking with you and if you are really worried about it then I can explain in more detail how the Relay services work. However its just a kiddie call and there is nothing to worry about. As far as RO location.. I do know quite a bit about that but for the end user and the originator.. it means nothing..

Well, is there a way I can call someplace such as 408-822-1645 or something and ask them to tell me who called me at 2:15am I think it was Tuesday Morning and tell them my number and such. They have call id logs right.. becuase I't still kinda freaking me out.. I'm very sure it was no one I personally know becuase I'm the only geek amoung them and they are either sleeping playing music or getting high.. and I'm sure none of the immediate relatives are "TTY disabled" If not oh well..

Another thing.. how did they skip my anonymous call rejection? Becuase when I Relayed my self via the net it came up PrivacyDirectory 865.583.8099 and when answered it says something about the caller is [their name] to accept this call press 1. And when they called it went went directly to the Relay service. Ofcourse though I used relay.att.com.

Oh yeah, Zapper, the RO didn't know my information the caller did. Eh I guess just forget about it.. I wanna know but I don't wanna come off as dumb or anything or annoy any of you guys.

A few months ago at like 3am someone called my house, and my dad answered, and it was a young black lady and she just said "Robert" over and over (my dads name) and then started saying weird shit like they were gonna blow up our house and they were the "bitches that were gonna kill us" or something like that. We figured it was a prank but my dad called the sherrif to make sure the next day. So he calls the sherrif and they send out the sherrifs deputy and he asks us what happened and my dad explained it, and the sherrifs deputy said apparently the same young black lady called his house at almost 3am telling him that he was her babies father. So he said he would supena both phone records and see who it was. then 2 weeks later apparently the same person called back and said a serial killer was coming to your house, and not to wear red because he likes that color. (As I was later told, that is the plot behind the movie The village") so this time we just hung up and didn't really care and it hasn't happened again. never heard anything from that deputy in a while either though. People are stupid :P

If its the Relay Operator Center then they wont give a damn if your the president.. the information is STRICTLY confidential.. besides odds are that number if that was a IP relay call would be that number being the call center and not the actual originating phone. Best suggestion.. ignore it... or if they say relay call.. deny the call by either hanging up or saying you refuse to continue with relay.

I got a call from the exact number (408) 822-1545. A crazy ex-girlfriend of mine payed somebody, I think he called himself "T-Slayer" to send me a virus. He sent it via AOL Instant Messenger under the screen name "BloodKillah101". He succeeded to hack into my computer. Since my computer was unusable, I had a friend of mine get on my screen name and tell "¿T-Slayer?" to call my cell phone. I got the call from 1-408-822-1545. He told me that he was hacking the hell out of my computer, laughed, and said it was so funny that he was masterbating. After asking what he did to my computer, he replied "Brianna payed me to do it." I eventually got him off my computer, but that was some effed up shit. While on AIM, beware of BloodKillah101. And don't piss off the crazy bitches.

i ve done a few calls and it is entertaning

Edited by miche'le

I have heard of people getting owned by the relay operators because they called themselves first and then made some prank calls after checking to see if it works hahah.

Here is a forum where the relay operators discuss all the BS that they have to deal with, and sometimes how they screw around with the people abusing the service.

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/categories.cfm?...&zb=4333414

"Heh. Amateurs. I have practically 1/2 the pranksters who use relay logged in my book or written down. I'm saving them for a late and lonely night."

Edited by carwash