Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
natas

Holy Shit Check This Out

11 posts in this topic

Ya I was reading that in school today, sounds really interesting. Might have to give it a try in a few months. Not to be an ass but the 80% hardware speed is kinda sucky but Im sure it will go up. Just gotta give em time.

ERROR!

I don't know if it will go up someone please correct me if I am wrong but doesn't a PPC chip have a larger set of instructions then an x86 chip. I was reading an article the other day about how the best way to do it would to put a PPC chip on a type of expansion card so you wouldn't have to emulate the chip itself just the way it works with the hardware.

I've played with PearPC and I was impressed how stable it was even on a a slower box. I'd like to give this a try. Sucks that it cost $$$ though.

I heard the you should'nt even attempt this unless your running 2.5GHz+. If anyone else has progress around 1GHz Id be intrested in hearing about it. Im just to lazy to try it on any of my machines.

Edited by evoen

I ran PearPC on a dual p3 550mhz system and it ran fine, slow... but it worked.

looks intresting but I'm certain I will never use it.

I thought CherryOS was a cool idea, until I started pricing it out. $50 for Cherry OS, $130 for a copy of OS X to run on it......you're already less than $100 away from a decent used Mac that will run OS X natively better than the emulator will on a PC.

Still, it's a cool idea that warrants investigation.......

Have Mac OS X (for my mom's comp) but I think when I read about PearPC it told me something along the lines of 10% of your computers speed when emulating, which on a 900mhz machine, didn't seem quite worth it. But $50? We'll have to see.

Weeeelllllll......isn't THAT special!

Seems the CherryOS website has gone POOF!