Comcast Tech

Cable Set Top Box Hacks

4 posts in this topic

I am looking for any hacks or such for my explorer 8000hd DVR box. They just rolled them out in the system I work in and was wondering if anyone knew of any hacks for it. I was issued one on a job but didnt use it cause the customer decided to go with reguler digital so I brought the box home to play with it for a few days before I turned it back in.

It depends on how much you can break into your box before your warehouse guys notice.

If you're willing to break the seals and do some work, there's a lot of things that you can do. Content extraction isn't that hard, and with a few solder points, you can override software restrictions on serial or ethernet ports.

CableGuy

Well I wont have to worry about that for awhile, we just had a box audit so the next one wont be for a few months, I have the star bit tool i need to open the box, and there arent any seals (that are noticable anyway) that will reveal that I opened the box. Any pointers or instructions or even a maintance or field manual would be great.

Thanks

It depends on how much you can break into your box before your warehouse guys notice.

If you're willing to break the seals and do some work, there's a lot of things that you can do. Content extraction isn't that hard, and with a few solder points, you can override software restrictions on serial or ethernet ports.

CableGuy

If anyone still has info on this can you please share the wealth? Captuing this stuff is a pain in the

thanks