Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
m2mike

A wardialer's wet dream

14 posts in this topic

http://www.sandstorm.com/products/phonesweep/

Phonesweep looks really cool for wardialing. If you have 4 phone lines, a whole lot of fun can be had.

The fact that it can run 4 modems at once is severly cool. :-)

The downside is that it costs money. Pretty cool if you can afford it though.

ive used a demo version of that program before. i think its stupid. toneloc does the same thing just as good, it just doesnt have a pretty interface.

Wardialing?

Thats something I do with my hands! :P

Wardialing?

Thats something I do with my hands! :P

it's funny cause it's true

Sorry, I don't usually post here, but this is just another example of what pisses me off. How did these guys get a patent for that.

US Patent 6,490,349: System and Method for Scan-dialing Telephone Numbers and Classifying Equipment Connected to Telephone Lines Associated Therewith.

filed in 1998. WTF. A patent has to be new, non obvious, and ingenious. I don't think wardialing was new in 1998. Maybe I should go file for a patent on bluetooth scanning, war driving, 2.4GHz snooping, exchange scanning, or packet sniffing.

Tards.

Yes natas, Toneloc does rock. The benefit of Toneloc is that it still works on modern computers. This is not the case with THC-SCAN 2.0. I do think that THC-Scan is the better program, but it doesn't run on modern hardware because most modern hardware is too fast. If I remember correctly, THC-Scan was written in Quickbasic 4.5 under DOS. If you try to run THC-Scan, you get error 200 which is a timing error.

In short, Toneloc still rocks just as much as it ever did. I am running version 1.1. I think that was the last release. It works well once you tweak it to work with your modem.

I scan randomly 2 to 3 hours every night with *67 as my dial prefix.

Have fun.

*Edit*

It was written in Turbo Pascal, not Quickbasic 4.5. My mistake. I am now looking for a patch so THC-Scan can run under modern Windows machines.

Edited by m2mike

Yes natas, Toneloc does rock.  The benefit of Toneloc is that it still works on modern computers.  This is not the case with THC-SCAN 2.0.  I do think that THC-Scan is the better program, but it doesn't run on modern hardware because most modern hardware is too fast.  If I remember correctly, THC-Scan was written in Quickbasic 4.5 under DOS.  If you try to run THC-Scan, you get error 200 which is a timing error.

Yeah, I wish the author(s) of THC-Scan would release a version that would work with today's high speed processors. I have never gotten THC-Scan to work on any of my computers. Even on an old 500 MHz PC it would return a Runtime error. I'm sticking to ToneLoc...

Edited by vox

For the serious wardialer, you may wish to check out the following page:

http://www.elfqrin.com/docs/hakref/at_commands.html

Of particular interest are the Sn=x/ a. k. a. the S registers.

Tweaking your modem by redefining the S registers can speed up your wardialing slightly.

For example,

Changing S11 to S11=50 speeds up wardialing because the duration of each dtmf tone is reduced to 50 milliseconds. Toneloc 1.1 comes this way by default.

S8 can be changed to change the length of pause time when a comma is sent to the modem to pause dialing. This can be useful if you want to block your caller id before you dial numbers. The default for S8 is 2 seconds which is enough time for most pauses (I would think). You may wish to set it to 3 or 4 depending on whose phone system you are using.

If you want to reset your modem to all default settings, don't forget ATZ, which is also a default in Toneloc.

If you are using Toneloc, then you can configure the S registers through TLCFG.EXE which is the config program. When you change certain values there, it is just an S register adjustment.

Can you believe today ToneLoc v1.10 is 10 years old? It was released on October 9, 1994.

Yes natas, Toneloc does rock. The benefit of Toneloc It was written in Turbo Pascal, not Quickbasic 4.5. My mistake. I am now looking for a patch so THC-Scan can run under modern Windows machines.

All Turbo Pascal EXE files need to be patched on pentium 200 mhz or faster machines.

I patched the THC-Scan Pascal code so that it never ever makes a noise. It was a requirement for wardialing at night!

Now I might just hook it up to my google voice line ==>> With long distance gone forever wardialing seems like it could be fun again. I remember the old days of dialing only within my area code and the toll free ones. I scanned the 800-com and 800-dig exchanges, thinking I'd find some computer companies in there. Does Tone-loc support random number scanning? Also the WarVox VOIP wardialer supposedly makes short work out of wardialing a huge lists of numbers. Dialing 1000's of number had to have put all of us on some gov't watchlist, didn't it? I haven't been on an airplane since I was eight so who knows?

Edited by nintendo1889

It was written in Turbo Pascal, not Quickbasic 4.5. My mistake. I am now looking for a patch so THC-Scan can run under modern Windows machines.

I patched the THC-Scan Pascal code one time so that it never ever makes a noise. It was quite useful for wardialing at night!

Now I might just have to hook it up to my google voice line, hmmmm.

Yes natas, Toneloc does rock.  The benefit of Toneloc is that it still works on modern computers.  This is not the case with THC-SCAN 2.0.  I do think that THC-Scan is the better program, but it doesn't run on modern hardware because most modern hardware is too fast.  If I remember correctly, THC-Scan was written in Quickbasic 4.5 under DOS.  If you try to run THC-Scan, you get error 200 which is a timing error.

Yeah, I wish the author(s) of THC-Scan would release a version that would work with today's high speed processors. I have never gotten THC-Scan to work on any of my computers. Even on an old 500 MHz PC it would return a Runtime error. I'm sticking to ToneLoc...

why don't we just emulate a timing signal with a virtual machine?

Has anyone come up with a VOIP wardialing program? That would be interesting (and probably not all that expensive either.)