decifer

How hacking has affected my life

14 posts in this topic

while i have never really programmed anything or hacked something on my own, hacking still has affected my life alot. most of you probably dont know me and some of you may remember me vaguely. i have always remembered to come back and post here, this is about the 4th time i have gone for months without visiting. and i don't post much when i'm here. my main reason i have never really programmed much outside of comp sci class in high school is mostly because i'm lazy. when i was younger i was so facinated by computers that i wanted to go into computer science, but then i got lazy and just didnt bother. but while i was in that period when i was about 13 and just got the internet i immediately started to learn about hacking and about analyzing how things work. even taught myself the basics of linux after about 6 months of getting my own computer at 14. well for the past 6 years or so i have realized how i analyze absolutely everything in life, almost to a state of paranoia. its weird i love to see how things work and the theories behind it but i was never was one for math i always got confused. which was the reason i never took up computer science. but the amount of times i'll be in a conversation and analyze what i'm saying or the other people are saying, or be in a lecture and start analyzing what the people in the class are doing and what the prof is doing and saying. a lot of the time i analyze how we live our lives. its weird how i analyze pretty much everything without even realizing it. Its really weird, but i like it, gives me a whole different outlook on things than most people.

A students mind is the best mind.

My friend, you are so not the only one. :P I do that with almost everything, although I didn't learn that from hacking so much as other stuff, I still do it. Haha...I guess I do it so much that a few weeks ago I got yelled at by my girlfriend for it... "STOP ANALYZING EVERYTHING! JUST LET IT ALL BE!" It was quite funny.

But yeah man, analyzing shit rocks. It's a constant for me, and if I didn't, my mind would be a blank...and I hate not thinking about stuff...lol

hahaha ya man my girlfriend yells at me for that all the time. the last time was when i called her materialistic (which she isnt but i knew it would get a rise out of her). and holy shit did she reem on me for analyzing everything.

I know what you're saying, I felt the same way for quite a while now.

Being lazy hasn't gotten me anywhere though, and I've been trying to figure ways around it. Usually cafeine, and lots of sleep, although balancing the two is kind of tricky. But there are times when it's not quite enough and I wonder if heading in a different direction might not be more useful.

Its an epademic!

Being lazy hasn't gotten me anywhere though,

and I've been trying to figure ways around it.

Usually cafeine, and lots of sleep

Man that IS my life at the mo till i get back in to work

i think almost every one here feels like this

Edited by feeble

heh, I wish that was my life, I'm working over 80 hours a week right now.

I know what you mean decifer, not only with life, but with girls. It's not just over analyzing things, but using too much "logic," like it’s a bad thing. I often hear that "logic doesn't apply to everything." Well, when in an argument, I sure hope it does, without structure and rules, you have chaos in the arguments, and anything can be proven and contradicted at the same time without rules (which is all that logic is; processing; rules).

well for the past 6 years or so i have realized how i analyze absolutely everything in life, almost to a state of paranoia. its weird i love to see how things work and the theories behind it but i was never was one for math i always got confused. which was the reason i never took up computer science. but the amount of times i'll be in a conversation and analyze what i'm saying or the other people are saying, or be in a lecture and start analyzing what the people in the class are doing and what the prof is doing and saying. a lot of the time i analyze how we live our lives. its weird how i analyze pretty much everything without even realizing it. Its really weird, but i like it, gives me a whole different outlook on things than most people.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Yes, you hit the nail on the head, several years ago, i realized the ingraned nature of my own analysis engine, while runing through the hardwarestore to pickup some parts for a project, i found myself wandering down nearly every isle, looking at everything, making mental notes for in the future, when i happen to need a 2' piece of pipe with threads at one end.. or washers for shims, or a hose adapter for a flexable wireguide.. .. .. .. i realized most people will never look at the place like that, they are there for the thing they need and are never thinking ahead for possible ideas for the next kludge!

I know what you're saying, I felt the same way for quite a while now.

Being lazy hasn't gotten me anywhere though, and I've been trying to figure ways around it. Usually cafeine, and lots of sleep, although balancing the two is kind of tricky. But there are times when it's not quite enough and I wonder if heading in a different direction might not be more useful.

I have learned to Break things into areas that need done, I take a look at what really interests me most, and pursue it, like right now I am on a kick with proxies, I love to check off everything I don't know about them, then I research, and make notes, I have files and files now of differant proxies, what counties they head to, and how they work, next I will find something else to get on to... If you move at everything, you will never move ahead, but stay focused on one subject and learn it, then move on! Next try something associated with what you were just working on, then keep up your pattern, yes a " PATTERN " but you will get a better understanding of the scene, I will son enough know how the computer works, how it broad casts, from the board to the net, from the net around and back, I want to know how the internet really works, break every packet down, and find out what is what, only then will I truely understand what is going on with the world .. Props to a good buddy for showing me the light .. Props to Havoc! :grr:

:blink: wow thats odd i find my self every damn day thinking and analazying stuff.. shit some times even in my sleep... im not sure when i picked up the habit but i geuss its a good one ... becuase im like the only one in my computer class that can trouble shoot a problem under 3 minutes.. which i would say isnt no big thing but most people dont have a mentallity on how to wonder about things... and ya im always feeling lazy and tired too... its not normal cuz when i didnt think like this i was energetic in some ways... i dunno but i think i should narrow my ideas down and take one theory up one at a time cuz when u find your self thinking about 10 things at the same time migranes come into play.. thats kinda weird how most of us come from different back rounds but seem to have such a way of thinking ... and thanks to hacking and the studying of it ive became this way... :grr: it would be awesome to see alot of other people in the forum feel or think the same way..

wow i'm glad i'm not the only one.... just being back for 2 days already make me want to go back to where i was several years ago.

:D:D:D Damn I love this place :D:D:D Like minded people and
If you move at everything, you will never move ahead, but stay focused on one subject and learn it, then move on! Next try something associated with what you were just working on, then keep up your pattern, yes a " PATTERN "
thats my problem right there I know a little about most aspects of computers and networks so In my mind I have to sort out all the information I have recently obtained and as im analyzing the stuff I come up with other question and I start thinking about it and never finish thinking about the first subject at hand and then forget about it and forget to do research... im gona get me a palm or something so can write down what Im thinking so i dont forget. and im a lazy f*ck so I do all this research at school so I dont have to do work but then when I get home after work im to tired to sit down review all the stuff I just learned and I wind up forgeting it and never getting anything accomplished. But you said it Majest|c Im gona try to stay focused on one subject and then once ive learned all I think I can learn about it ill pick another subject thats closely related and pick up from there. Thanks for makeing these fourms great guys I have to say this place fucking rocks. :D:D:D:D

YEah, i think this applies to most of us. Most people are soo oblivioius, its crazy. But i need to state something: this is like my curse. I mean analizing/thinking bout everything all teh time gets tiring and its not like something i can just stop doing. It will never go away for me. So basically...im fucked.

g 2.0

:D:D:D Damn I love this place :D:D:D Like minded people and
If you move at everything, you will never move ahead, but stay focused on one subject and learn it, then move on! Next try something associated with what you were just working on, then keep up your pattern, yes a " PATTERN "
thats my problem right there I know a little about most aspects of computers and networks so In my mind I have to sort out all the information I have recently obtained and as im analyzing the stuff I come up with other question and I start thinking about it and never finish thinking about the first subject at hand and then forget about it and forget to do research... im gona get me a palm or something so can write down what Im thinking so i dont forget. and im a lazy f*ck so I do all this research at school so I dont have to do work but then when I get home after work im to tired to sit down review all the stuff I just learned and I wind up forgeting it and never getting anything accomplished. But you said it Majest|c Im gona try to stay focused on one subject and then once ive learned all I think I can learn about it ill pick another subject thats closely related and pick up from there. Thanks for makeing these fourms great guys I have to say this place fucking rocks. :D:D:D:D

You will find that this will keep you occupied for a long time .. Technology changes ever sec ... :grr:

Actually today i figured out where this aspect of learning came from... some great greek philospher.. dont remember his name <_< .... but ya i think its wodnerful at some times especially with school if you focused it with school i mean but like with technogoly it keeps going and going .... maybe some day the bunny will die in that damn energizer head of mine but till then BRAIN STORMS shall occur...