kizzle

HackerMedia - Comments and suggestions wanted

12 posts in this topic

A little while ago I changed Hackermedia.net into a news page for radio and video shows in our scene. It gets some traffic but very little feedback. What do you think of it currently? What changes need to be made?

My favorite thing about the site is how much easier listening and watching shows is. It takes all the work out of searching for new content and lets you get straight to the consumption. I am really excited about this project and hope more people continue to support it.

I would add a table or drop-down menu on the side with a list of the shows web sites. The video shows should be seperated from the audio.

All I can say is I saw this page come up from the ground, and you have done an awesome job on it .. keep it up, I know this like you said is gonna be a great tool for me to use to check on up-coming showZ .. thanX man ... :grr:

I've put a link to your site from mine. Could you make a mailing list to send out notifications of updates?

damn good site and damn good content... Only thing i could ask for is, like Avid said, seperate the video from the audio... Keep up the good work man...

Peace

Nyx

Could you make a mailing list to send out notifications of updates?

I was going to post the same thing.

A mailing list that sends out updates when new shows are released, that is. I'm too lazy to go out and find when new shows are released (even if it's a simple manner of going to your website). I never listen live, so the days that shows air on aren't ingrained in my mind.

Edited by Pig Monkey

Thanks for the input! That blank space on the left is where a show directory will go when I figure out this style sheet problem I'm having. I wasn't aware people wanted email updates. This is possible to implement so I'll put it on the to-do list. Please suggest other ideas and they will be considered.

Edit: I need to clarify what kind of updates are needed via email. Having an email sent whenever an update is posted is easy. Having one sent when a certain show gets updated is much harder.

Edited by kizzle

Have it have 2 options.... email every time there is an update and or every 5 updates... :) just a thought

The weekly thing is cool. I'd say don't put any direct download links in it though, so that people still have a reason to visit your site. :ninja:

Your site is just what I have been looking for. A weekly mail out would be idea to alot of users to ensure that they keep in touch with the site.

Keep up the excellent work :D

I like it, it's not too flashy or anything and the banner image is pretty cool. I think it's a great idea. A mailing list of updates (only updates) would be nice too, and seperating the media as said.

Keep up the good work.