Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sl1pm0de

Techy Bedrooms

24 posts in this topic

The Suns add just the right accent to your decor.

You will notice the Sparc Station that is in the front of the image is not plugged in. I am not using that one right now. The monitor on top of it is connected to the Ultra 10 that you can see a hint of under the desk. The large monitor in the backgroud with the stickers on it has a Sparc Station underneath it. That one does function and I have it connected via serial port to one of my other machines and I use minicon to see the output on that machine. Fun stuff, good tools for learning. I try to sharpen my skills daily.

I have no tech in my bedroom, except for the server, but that's under my art table so you can't really see it. But here's my office which is in the next room. My other 'puters are strewn about the apartment.

Thankx. The sad thing is that I just got it in November and it's already an "old" model. :cry:

I used to have my other G4 (an old G4/400) in the office where the iMacDV is, but that's now being used as a server in other room. Now THAT looked cool: dualing G4s!

nick, that's enitrely too tidy. :P

Here's two pictures of the lab from the Attack of the Phones epsiode (previously only available on the 20 episode mini-CD distributed at H2K2):

AotP 1

AotP 2

dual:

By any chance, are those the legs of a Ghost In The Shell figure in the 2nd pic?

It looks just like my Kusunagi figure, except I have the black clad one.

Wow!  Nick's room is tidy.  That's insane!

hmm well if you want to see messy...

myroom3.jpg

myroom4.jpg

and nearly every single one of those wires is actually plugged in and serves a purpose.

:roll:

In total in my room in using 28 power outlets. :blink: (and that doesn't include the 3 im using for my web server, my hard disk appliance server, and the switch they are all connected to)

hmm well if you want to see messy...

myroom3.jpg

myroom4.jpg

and nearly every single one of those wires is actually plugged in and serves a purpose.

:roll:

In total in my room in using 28 power outlets.  :blink: (and that doesn't include the 3 im using for my web server, my hard disk appliance server, and the switch they are all connected to)

DAMN! WHAT is your electric bill?!?!?! :blink:

DAMN! WHAT is your electric bill?!?!?! :blink:

Its just the normal, most of the stuff is powered by those transformer plugs that convert from 230v to 6-12v. :)

Yessiree, logan, that is Major Kusanagi. Shirow's stuff is hyper-recognizable, is it not?

Yessiree, logan, that is Major Kusanagi.  Shirow's stuff is hyper-recognizable, is it not?

Very Cool. I thought that's what it was. I forgot that I have the white Kusanagi too, but but she's in storage in the basement still in the package. Yeah, Shirow's stuff is very cool. I'd like to get some figures of some Miyazaki stuff too. I have lots of figures and stuff....mostly Japanese kaiju toys.

My room is actually tidy I just have allot in it but as far as large amounts of cables I have got 5 PC's in here and 3 APC battery backup units. I also ran lines for ethernet connectivity so three rooms in my house can connect up to the network here. I guess I feel the more computers I have doing something different on each machine leaves me to some fun projects.

Nick I believe I have that same Toshiba laptop.

Mines a Toshiba satellite 320 CDS, its definitely starting to show its age now though, the hard drive went on it a few months back (which I’ve now replaced), and loaded with a hard disk install of knoppix, and win2k but it doesn’t run either very well (probably because from what I can remember its only got something like 32 mb RAM). I have also yet to get my cisco wi-fi card working in knoppix. :(

My hard drive went out too. I have 96 MB of RAM but I still have to get a new hard drive.