Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darkr

Fear tactics, the media,

14 posts in this topic

So I was browsing through a magazine and came across this commercial

The bottom text reads as:

If you think you can get away with illegally swapping movies, your wrong. Illegally trafficking in movies is not just the dirty little secret between you and your computer. YOUR LEAVE A TRAIL. THe message is simple: if your are downloading copyrighted movies without proper authorization, your breaking the law. You face serious consequences if you illegally swap movies. The only way not to get caught is to stop.

Pursuant to the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. Section 504)c)), statutory damages can be as much as $30,000 per motion picture, and up to $150,00 per motion picture if infringement is willful.

:ninja: So my question is this. What is this certain trail you leave behind? How canyou protect yourself if this is something you do(not incriminating myself or anyone, but protection from everything that canharm your life is good.)

Your thoughts?

Every single thing you do on the internet leaves a trail. It is just the nature of the systems and the logging of everything. Proxy servers are your friend.

You play the game, you take your chances.

Everything you do in life leaves a trail. So, why wake up in the morning? You can lay in bed all day and listen to Coast to Coast AM.

personally, i do what i can to make sure i dont get caught then, like Stank says, i play the game and hope my planning is better than theirs...

Nyx

yeah, those were in our local paper. i just kinda snickered at the ad. just make sure you always watch your ass i guess.

http://offgrid.cjb.net/

Its pretty ironic that these nitwits have a web page to promote living off the grid. I mention this only because it seems to fit in with "not leaving a trail."

Edited by falloutboy

or do the droops thing, get married, make sure wife is stable in her job, then quit your crummy job.

actually i am really looking for a better job and im remodeling our house and that takes alot of time and work. (and i get lots of new tools)

Lying in bed? Coast to coast AM all day? Sounds like my kinda life! Fuck you paper trails! *tunes in*

-sp00f (with a tinfoil hat)

damn straight!

-sp00f (still with a tinfoil hat)

Yea a trail is left, yup im playing the game(mabey to much) but so many others are, and the MPAA is currently not targeting torrents or DC hubs, or atleast they havent made it public knowledge yet. So people obtaining there "stuff" that way, should be safe, or so we hope, unless your isp's rolls over on its customers MPAA cant do shit, nor can they bust your door in and search your house (I hope), however if an ISP were to roll over on its clients I think a class action lawsuit would go down, potentailly putting said company in major debt or out of buisness all togather.

my friend got a DMCA warning from his isp for downloading a movie with bittorrent, they do watch.

What are DC hubs ? oh and by the way i found this ill ass SPIDER MAN ISP!!

:D www.spidermanisp.com gotta love SPIDEY..