Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riscphree

GmailFS

8 posts in this topic

that looks pretty sweet, someone should make a live CD that is meant to use this system

that is pretty cool. I will be checking it out tomorrow. The live distro would be cool cause then you would have a great /home for your live disc anywhere. has anyone ever remastered a knoppix disc and if so what kind of ork goes into that.

OOO 813 and Replax were talking about attempting to make a live distro ill throw them this idea if they dont reat about it, sounds like a fun project.

I've been working on a liveCD off and on for a while. It never occurred to me to put something like GmailFS on it. I'll have to give it a shot.

PF

interesting idea of using this but I suspect that google will do SOMETHING in the future to prevent this. I am pretty sure they DO NOT want it used in this way. I LOVE the project and the fact that someone thought it up, but I would bet that they stop it very soon.

We talked about this on episode 60 of BRR.

didnt know you talked about it on BRR, but yeah, i think it will be gone soon. or at least before public release (whenever that is :P )

interesting idea of using this but I suspect that google will do SOMETHING in the future to prevent this. I am pretty sure they DO NOT want it used in this way. I LOVE the project and the fact that someone thought it up, but I would bet that they stop it very soon.

We talked about this on episode 60 of BRR.

Yeah, I heard you talking about this on ep 60, and I agree that the window of opportunity for trying this is pretty small because google will be slamming the door shut if they see a lot of it, but I'd still like to see if I could make it work for the hell of it. :)

PF