natas

51 posts in this topic

Do you know why I keep saying that it works on Verizon payphones? Cause I've used it on a Verizon payphone 2 days ago.

Anyone having trouble dialing AT&T pic codes from land lines or payphones give 10167470 a try. It _should_ work for ya. :voteyes:

10-10-288-0 still works from Verizon payphones, dammit! Not all of them though because some are mistakingly programmed to start dialing only after 11 digits have been dialed and therefore don't connect you to 10-10-288-0. But most Verizon payphones do allow you to call it!

I-ball, perhaps you could drop what state you are in, because I tried it on 5 different VZ/VZSS phones today (different switches and homed different tandems) and not one of them works. Of course, they are all the same, and may just be all 'misconfigured'.

I'm willing to risk it and say the non-working/brokeness is probably pretty standard in the 128 LATA, as we use 10 digit dialing. I want to go up to NH and see if its the same up there as well, but I wouldn't be suprised if this is Verizon New England-wide.

Also, I tried numerous ways of getting it to work:

10-10-288-0

10-10-288-0-000-0000

10-10-288-1-914-XXX-XXXX (Some random number)

10-10-288-1-617-XXX-XXXX (Random number again)

None of these worked. None of them send me to AT&T, I just get an error message.

first off why would you be using this from a payphone? no reason to divert. Second, it is your legal right to choose your LD carrier. The operator must connect you no matter what the fuck they tell you. just call and be like "AT&T please" and they should do it. Might want to make sure the phone isn't using att as the default too cause if that's the case then you just look like a jackass.

all the reason in the world to divert! bypasses payphone surcharges on calling cards!!!!

Whoops. Forgot to mention that I'm in NYC.

verizon new england usually operates some what independantly from other areas so i could see that all of new england wouldnt work, but new york would.

Wow, reading back some of my posts on this thread makes me cringe. I come off sounding a bit like an asshole.

I have never been able to dial 10-10-288 from my home phone number (verizon 419-354)

Guess i live in a switching backwater.

If you don't have AT&T as your long distance carrier, the number is 10-10-288-00

Edited by neo_phreak

101028800 still works on some Verizon phones. Not all of them. The payphones in the atrium of the Citigroup Center, where the NYC 2600 meetings are held still let one use carrier access codes and the payphone upstairs in Barnes & Noble by the ladies restroom still allows red boxing.

I'll test 10-10-288-0 tommorrow on the Bell-South Payphone down the street. Too fuckin' tired right now.

Ok I tested it and it still works fine.

Verizon phones in Newark, Delware. Bel Air, MD. Aberdeen, MD. Easton, PA and Rehoboth Beach DE. All allow me access to 10102880. I've never had problems getting it at all.

Futher proof that Verizon New England hates me.:grr:

Natas, where were you running into trouble? Is it VZNE territory?

I thought I'd mention that 1010288 doesnt work on 90% of the Verizon payphones that I've tried here in NYC. It seems they've upgraded a good lot of the payphones and made them more like COCOTS. You cant even get a normal operator anymore like Natas mentioned. One way you find out if a payphone is one of the new ones is if #8808 works on it.

Okay all, I filed an official Complaint against Verizon blocking 101XXX carrier access with the FCC Using form 475. (http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/cib/fcc475.cfm) My file number is 9266623 and Verizon legally only has 45 days to review this information or some such. I suggest everyone go here and file a complaint and put as many payphone numbers as youc can in Section 6D. Also I chose 'Business' phone service for 6c as it is lacking ne other options besides residential.

I don't know if it stoped working here, but I'm glad to see some action, I'm sure verizon aint use to that!

Further update, I ran into a Verizon non-Hybrid phone today (1st one I've ran into in the Metro Boston Area), I tried 10-10-288-00, and *bong*, it worked.

So, I-Ball was right in the fact that it's a problem with their Half-Breeds.

I thought I'd mention that 1010288 doesnt work on 90% of the Verizon payphones that I've tried here in NYC. It seems they've upgraded a good lot of the payphones and made them more like COCOTS. You cant even get a normal operator anymore like Natas mentioned. One way you find out if a payphone is one of the new ones is if #8808 works on it.

What does #8808 do?

What does #8808 do?

Dial #8808 and the phone goes:

'*tty noise* Phone number <phone number> *tty noise* <4 digit code, I've run into 9104 the most, sometimes 9204> status 0'

I have no idea what the 4 digit code is, but I assume "Status 0" means "I'm Good". I would assume the 4 digit code is settings or something.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I've never even thought about what the 4 digit code means.

I figured it's probably the ARU ID (the 4 digit thing). For more info on that stuff check out this file Lucky225 wrote:

http://lucky225.austin2600.org/ANI.txt

BTW: credit should go to Venadium for finding out about #8808.

No.

The ARU ID came from the MCI(?) ANACs, this is internal to the phone.

Shouts to Venadium. :voteyes:

No not MCI anac's ,they owned the number and lewased them out to First Data Voice services and then leased it out to another company that set-up the test numbers.

ARU - Audio Response Unit, also known as: Voice Response Unit (VRU),

Interactive Voice Response Unit (IVR); responds to caller entered digits

or speech recognition in much the same way that a conventional computer

responds to keystrokes or clicks of a mouse. When the ARU is integrated

with database computers, callers can interact with databases to check

current information (e.g., account balances) and complete transactions.

speaking of those anac's http://www.phreaksandgeeks.com/text/greyarea/800555anac.txt

It got all fucked up the format.He said he would fix it today sometime.So if you have a hard time reading just copy the txt and paste it in your text editor.

Edited by greyarea

So I was casually driving across country these past couple of days.

PA: New Staunton, Verizon, works but the handset is disabled.

Somerset, works but handset is disabled. (That might have to do with the PA Turnpike, as these were only tested at their rest stop areas.)

WV: Wheeling, Verizon, Didn't work (TNYHD)

OH: Columbus, Alltel (with a blue reciever), didn't work (TNYHD)

Some reststop along I-70, Alltell (black reciever) didn't work (reorder)

IN: Outside of Indianapolis, (CenturyTel), didn't work (reorder)

Indianapolis (Verizon), works.

Indianapolis (Verizon), works.

IL: Somewhere along I-70 (Ameritech), works

Along I-70 (GTE? Maybe a COCOT, dont remember), works

Outside of Alton (Ameritech or SBC, dont remember), didn't work (TNYHD)

MO: St. Louis (SBC), works.

Somewhere near Columbia (COCOT), works.

Boonville (SWBell?), didn't work (reorder)

Kansas City, (SBC), works

KS:

Johnson County (Verizon), works.