natas

51 posts in this topic

Has anyone else noticed that 10102880 has stopped working on Verizon Payphones? I noticed it stopped working about 2 months ago, maybe more, but it really just started bothering me today. Whats that Verizon dial around? Are there any other ones? Because it kind of sucks if your using a Verizon payphone, and calling the Verizon dial around to call another number that may be handled by Verizon.

Are you sure that it stopped working? Cause I just used it at a payphone yesterday. Maybe the payphones you tried it from were labelled Verizon but not really run by them.

I noticed this not working... April or so? It's not just AT&T. It's any type of 10-10 code. Ticks me off to no end.

List o' Dial arounds

I think Verizon (Bell Atlantic terriroty at least) now uses 10-10-963 right now. But I'm not sure

i tried it on a verizon phone the other day didnt work but if you just call an op and ask for att long distance you get the same shizzle

ahhh well thats fucked up if they blocked at 1010 codes! but yeah, thats a good call cuz i forgot that it transfers you to that same thing! its just not as convenient anymore i guess

natas i actully scanned 1010,1015,1016 i'll find the txt file post it here or upload it to my site. it's kinda old 9-xx-01 but not much should change.

Isn't it illegal to prevent you from making a call with the long distance carrier of your choice from a payphone? I could've sworn it was...

I've noticed this too. Yes, I am pretty sure it is illegal. You have the right to use the long distance provider of your choice.

AT&T is trying to rid themselves of the consumer market. Maybe this is the first step, though that wouldn't explain why the other PICs don't work.

OK heres the deal. 10102880 doesnt work so i call "0" and tell them i want to be transfered to at&t long distance please. some people tell me sorry they cant transfer me, some give me 800-555-1212. so i called the at&t long distance service 800 number thats on the phone and that one asks for a calling card number. 0 doesnt even bring u right to an operator now. its now verizon selective services or some shit. 00 doesnt bring you to a local op either.

so basically payphones are peices of fucking shit.

Dammit natas! I just spent 20 minutes on a damn payphone doing the same thing! You suck! :lol:

A couple of extra things:

A. I tried more then a few ways of using a 1010 code, and it either gave me a staight up CBCAD or a "CBCAD... If you are trying to use a 5 digit code, please redial and add a 1 and 0 before the code."

B. On half breeds, dialing an operator (0 or 00) kicks in the cocot half of the phone, in which it dials a 10 digit number. I should asked the operator where she was located. Maybe I'll do that tonight. It probably some answering center located in India or someplace.

C. After getting really pissed at this, I read my Instruction card and saw 2 things:

'You can choose any provider you want on this phone! Please contact the provider for an access number and instructions" :grr:

Also, I found the 1 800 number for the MA PUC. Having nothing better to do I called and had a chat. What it came out to was, yes, they need to provide a way to use any carrier, but they don't need to honor dial around codes, as you can dial a provider for free with 1 800 numbers. :grr:

This was on a Verizon/Verizon Select Services payphone. I doubt it will change at all, but there is a Verizon/AT&T hybrid near me, I'll see what I can do from there.

Yes. This bites.

Has anyone noticed this on a non-Verizon payphone?

Edit: I typed and posted this on my cell phone. There were some formatting issues that I fixed now that I saw it on my Desktop.

Edited by BlackRatchet

im gonna go over to some cocots later and try this out i guess.

I have never been able to dial 10-10-288 from my home phone number (verizon 419-354)

Guess i live in a switching backwater.

first off why would you be using this from a payphone? no reason to divert. Second, it is your legal right to choose your LD carrier. The operator must connect you no matter what the fuck they tell you. just call and be like "AT&T please" and they should do it. Might want to make sure the phone isn't using att as the default too cause if that's the case then you just look like a jackass.

first off why would you be using this from a payphone? no reason to divert.  Second, it is your legal right to choose your LD carrier. The operator must connect you no matter what the fuck they tell you.  just call and be like "AT&T please" and they should do it.      Might want to make sure the phone isn't using att as the default too cause if that's the case then you just look like a jackass.

:huh:

Did you even read natas'/my posts? As much as you should be able to do this, it appears that you can't on Verizon phone. They satisfy the legal requirement (at least in MA) by allowing 'access numbers' to go through. If you dial the Op she says she can't do it.

Intresting thought: Is there a CLEC with a non-toll-fre access number? I wonder what would happen when you dial it?

first off why would you be using this from a payphone? no reason to divert.

There is all the reason in the world to divert using a payphone. It still passes CPN and ANI, so why should you let yourself be traceable back to a location or a city.

Ive never heard of these dial around codes until now, could some one please explain?

10-10-288-0 still works from Verizon payphones, dammit! Not all of them though because some are mistakingly programmed to start dialing only after 11 digits have been dialed and therefore don't connect you to 10-10-288-0. But most Verizon payphones do allow you to call it!

I have never been able to dial 10-10-288 from my home phone number (verizon 419-354)

Guess i live in a switching backwater.

Are you dialing 1010288 or 10102880? Cause you have to dial 10102880.

Are you dialing 1010288 or 10102880? Cause you have to dial 10102880.

Yes.

Isn't it illegal to prevent you from making a call with the long distance carrier of your choice from a payphone? I could've sworn it was...

I wish we have such in Poland. 90% payphones in PL are operated by our major telecom operator and it is obvious you have to use it's carrier. They even block access to 1-800s that are not operated by them.

ok i tried from a cocot tonight and it still works. verizon is lame.

Hey, Natas, are you listening? It still works from Verizon payphones!

i-ball, it doesnt work from payphones. i read what you said about 11 digit dialing and that must be how its programmed on ALL of the ones here now. maybe adding a 0 or a 1 or some shit at the end would make it work, but i doubt it. you evan said that it didnt work on some of them. other people have confirmed the same thing man. consider yourself lucky if they work for you.