Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pixelFiend

Pay phone sticker

15 posts in this topic

I found this sticker on a payphone near where I live. Maybe you've seen it before, but it's a new to me. Anyhow, I thought you guys might get a kick out of it, so I took a couple shots of it.

Payphone

I thought the second shot with my son reflected in the phone with his mouth open looking at it was cool...

The sticker refers you to: crimethinc.com. Judging by the sticker on the phone, I thought they'd be into digital rights, etc., but it looks like they are probably more into selling stickers. I don't know what's up with the monkeys. :)

PF

Hey pixelfiend, I know your cool and all. BUT WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN MY TOWN?

Edit: And just for the record, I didn't put that sticker on that payphone. But I would like to know where it is.

Edit again: It looks like its the COCOTs across the street from the mall, near the Best Buy.

Edited by Murd0c

all of the payphones at my former school have that same sticker on it. I dont think they are actually tapped tho, my guess is its just to scare people tryin to sell some illegal substance on school grounds.

Edit - and they are cocots

Edited by system sacrifice

DAMN CRIMEThINC... that takes me back about 3 or so years i used to be a distrabuter of their books... and if any of you have the time or patience to look up the bands under the CrimeThinc. record lable i strongly suggest IRE (what seed what root). they seem like a band with long metal tracks like the earlie days meeting the moderndays black metal bands. VERY GREAT BAND VERY VERY VERY VERY GOOD

anyways its about the U.S patriot act (the whole part where they dont need a warrent to tap a phone line... or something like that) CrimeThinc. is about distributing your free thoughts or simply put for "anarchist" im not an anarchist but i am a big fan of the books they publish... and the best part they are like the Linux of book/mag/sticker/music/movie (well that didnt make as much sence as i hoped but they are kind of like linux because they give out free stuff and or very cheep prices)

Edited by Spaz101

I think BlackRatchet posted a phone with a sticker identical to that in his database. By the way, is that your son in reflection of the phone, lol?

I found this sticker on a payphone near where I live. Maybe you've seen it before, but it's a new to me. Anyhow, I thought you guys might get a kick out of it, so I took a couple shots of it.

PF

we ordered some stickers for protesting the patriot act.. (read the fineprint at http://www.crimethinc.com/library/index.html )

we never got them.. so captured the sample, cleaned it up and printed them a little smaller on sticker paper i got from ups...

distributerd and sticered phones all around town..

i think they helped get the local citycouncil to renounce provisions of the patriot act..

http://www.bordc.org

Hey pixelfiend, I know your cool and all. BUT WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN MY TOWN?

Edit: And just for the record, I didn't put that sticker on that payphone. But I would like to know where it is.

Edit again: It looks like its the COCOTs across the street from the mall, near the Best Buy.

Your town? I thought you were a New York guy. ;)

You're actually close to where it is. Not toward Best Buy though, but across the other street from the mall, between Staples and JoAnn Fabrics.

From AlphaFlood:

I think BlackRatchet posted a phone with a sticker identical to that in his database. By the way, is that your son in reflection of the phone, lol?

Yeah, that's him. I thought it was cool how he was caught in the reflection looking up at the Patriot Act sticker with his mouth open like that. Looks like a 2600 cover. :)

September 9th here at a local hall a cupple people who wrote books for crimething are gonna be here talking about them and a guy who did the movies for them, itll be cool i think

A bit off-topic, but most pay phones in urban areas are tapped.

No, it's not the government like you read in 2600, it's "call-sell" operators and drug dealers

who place "induction" taps on public pay phones.

Most people today who call from pay phones are using calling or credit cards. This

makes them a prime target for people who wish to intercept and use those numbers - illegally.

I just think we should have adopted the Europe card standard a long time ago for use with payphones