Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jedibebop

Screenshotttt!

8 posts in this topic

Think it will be better if I link to the image rather than put it in this thread, anyway it's fvwm with a hacked up fvwm2rc based on taviso's one, one important thing to notice is the headlines in the menu, also the elite translucency patch, which rather than just cutting part of hte root image and using it, actually shows the text of a recent emerge sync :P those things at the bottom are xosview with Xdefault settings to change their colors and such. Post yours :P

http://www.binrev.com/gallery/albums/album61/fvwmscreen.jpg

EDIT: for those that nitpick, that black line at the top, is a dropdown console, if I mouse over, it comes down and if I mouse off it goes back up. FVWM > *

Edited by jedibebop

wow that looks pretty cool. I'll have to try it out.

EDIT: for those that nitpick, that black line at the top, is a dropdown console, if I mouse over, it comes down and if I mouse off it goes back up. FVWM > *

Wow, I wouldn't have even noticed that unless you told me. Very nice, I like the plainness of everything.

tasty, all I want to know is how you got those news feeds into your menu. that's pretty rad

EDIT: and thank you for not posting that image in-line

fvwm is totally modular, fvwm is the window manager, then there are modules that are totally customizable and can do whatever you want. most come with fvwm when you download it, one is a perl script called fvwm-menu-headlines. it has a whole bunch of predefined sites (and if you know perl you could probably add in all the ones you want that aren't included [binrev in my menu? ;P])

http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.0/bin/fvwm-...-headlines.html

thats nice, very simple

thats nice, very simple

mmmhmmm, and very functional. Thanks for all the comments :)

Broadband if the secret to South Korea's success

hahaha

Edited by Spaz101