hacnslash

what music

43 members have voted

1. 1. where do ya fit in?

• White hat
    • Black Hat
    • Gray Hat
    • I don't wear any fukking hats.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 posts in this topic

well, there is sort of a misconception that ppl who are interested in computers listen to electronic music, I want to see if that is true or not, I for example hate it, I love grunge and 70's punk....sex pistols all the way yeah baby///

plz reply with more specific info(bands...etc)

I listen to both kinds of music: Country *AND* Western!

neither of which is on your poll... :(

classical and jazz mainly, but i do love tenacious D, they might be giants, juno reactor, smashing pumpkins, the clash, and hte black crowes.

I listen to ebm and powernoise which fall under 'electronic' including Funker Vogt, Wumpscut, Suicide Commando, Feindflug, Aesthetic Perfection, Arzt+pfusch, Noxious Emotion, Steril, Massiv in Mensch, Void Construct, Winterkalte, Iszoloscope, Exclipsect, Tankt, Tarmvred, Transmutator and other wholesome artists.

Stank, Im sorry, I had every intention of puttin country on the list, but I forgot and remembered just as I had posted the poll....there isn't any way I could put it up there right??

drum and bass jungle, Korn, Sex Pistols, Sublime, Blood Hound Gang, PM5K, White Zombi, lotz of jungle ( dj hype, mc skibadee, mc shabba, nicky black market), techno, fat boy slim, chemical brothers, lotz of anime toonz ( cutie honey flash, fruits baskets, dbz, hellsing)

Our Lady peace, Techno. JPop, Jazz, System Of a Down, Linkin Park, Good Charlotte, Gorillaz, Audio Slave, RATM, Anything that si good and I can relate to.

especially, Blues. gotta love the blues.

Oh and let's not forget George thorogood, An Creedence babY!

i enjoy the beastie boys a lot and old school rap Inner City Posse oh and t.a.t.u wait they arnt rap

:ninja:

Ok... here is the shocker. I mostly listen to Country... its what all my radios are turned to. I listen to very few rap groups.. just a few specific songs I enjoy... When im not listening to Country I will probably have some sort of Electronica playing.. and normally very loud. When its not those its some sort of alternative when im in the mood for it. When im depressed or thinking hard I will listen to Ochrestra or classical... When I sleep its either soft trance or meditation music.. which most of the time it is meditation music.

I like all kinds of stuff. One minute I'll be listening to Aphex Twin, the next maybe some Frank Sinatra.

No Industrial category or reggae :(.

I don't limit what I listen to to any labels, if its good or I get a credible recomendation i'll check it out and if I like it all the better. Some of the music I have been listening alot of lately are Yellow Card, New Found Glory, Good Charlotte, Bare Naked Ladies, KoRn, Kottonmouth Kings, Natalie Imbruglia, The All-American Rejects, and my favorite of them all random covers of old songs, usually by punk bands, they are just the best. My favorite cover is probably Like A Prayer or My Heart Will Go On, both done by New Found Glory I think. I also really like the crush cover, you know, that mandy moore song that was popular for a day.

i'm a big fan of ebm/industrial (Assemblage 23 is coming to boston in April! w00t!) but I voted for classical as I've been listening a lot to that lately (mozart is a good study partner for mid-terms), but I'm also a big fan of Jazz, Frank Sinatra, some metal,drum and bass/jungle, trance, techno, classic rock like skynnard and led zep, i've even listened to some country from time to time (/me sings "friends in low places")

i guess the wide array of tastes is why i bother spending any money on XM Radio ^_^

Not too big of a fan of techo... some of it is ok, but you won't catch me listening to it most of the time. And I can't stand pop, country, western, or punk. The closest I could say would be "alternative". I guess. Decide for yourself with the list of bands I usually listen to (not in any particular order) :

Alice In Chains

Nine In Nails

KoRn

Enigma

MC 900 FT Jesus

Delerium

Nirvana

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult

Cypress Hill

Lords of Acid

Tool

The Cure

Insane Clown Posse

A Perfect Circle

KMFDM

Moby

and occasionally some random japanese track I picked up off gnutella.

Overall, music choice depends on my mood; too many genres and bands to narrow down. But here are a few choice choices:

Elektronika: Lots of various trance, acid jazz, a little house and trip hop....Lords of Acid, Chem. Bros.

Industrial/EBM: VNV Nation, Frontline Assembly, KMFDM, :wumpscut:, Funker Vogt, Alien Sex Fiend, Velvet Acid Christ, Covenant, Suicide Commando

Goth/Doom & Gloom: Bauhaus, Tones On Tail, Love & Rockets, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, Christian Death

Proto-punk: MC5, Stooges, Dictators, Velvet Underground, Patti Smith, Dead Boys

'70s/early-80's punk: Sex Pistols, Peter & The Test Tube Babies, Toy Dolls, Clash, Buzzcocks, Black Flag, DKs, Angry Samoans, Undertones, Agent Orange, Misfits

60's garage and surf: Sonics, Gonn, Shadows of Knight, Jerry Cole, The Tornadoes, Trashmen, Sir Douglas Quintet, the Revels

Various rawknroll: Type O Negative, the Lunachicks, Cramps, David Bowie, Los Straitjackets (I know the guitar player, he's also in the Neanderthals), Fuzztones, Man or Astroman, Hagfish, The Donnas, Mooney Suzuki, Link Wray...

Me likes me muzik.....

None of the above :huh:

I really dont like thumpity thump raver music, any of that nu-metal, or angsty gothy stuff.

I listen to a lot of Japanese music like this stuff http://home.wanadoo.nl/cmgs/shibuyalink.html

And I dig old school style country like hank williams I and III (BUT NOT II!!!)

I used to be big on the Sonic Youth and related artists but no so much anymore. I like stereolab, jim orourke, the beach boys, heck lots of stuff depending on what I feel like listening to. I even crank up the Dillinger Escape Plan when I am in the mood for some screamy hardcore!

Im sorry for ppl who couldnt vote because I didnt include their musical choice, there too many types, I probably shouldnt have started a poll anyway, just a regular thread.

Im sorry for ppl who couldnt vote because I didnt include their musical choice, there too many types, I probably shouldnt have started a poll anyway, just a regular thread. I wanna get this off my chest right now:

Todays "alternatiive" is really not alternative since most ppl listen to it, and its not even good music (well most of it) I mean, the songs sound like one another and the lyrics dont have any depth, I mean can you serously compare the new "alternative" groups' lyrics with nirvana, I mean come on, this is not to offens anybody who listens to new rock, hell I enjoy some songs, but the word alternative has lost its place with the death of grunge, (sorta like the word hacker) and I cant understand how people listen to these bands that sing about not havin money, and shit like that, then you see on cribs their 5 mil mansion and their ten lamborghinis (of course they had to have ten, all the colors available). And the fact is that these bands have lost all of the spirit of true alternative and punk, why sid vicious would be turning in his grave right about now. The fact is that sadly all these bands are motivated by money, like pretty much anything in our "modern" society, and the music has lost the capabilty to make you feel real emotions, I mean you listen to some older punk grunge songs and you feel the songs, you feel what the guy was feeling when he wrote this, with today's bands, you dont feel anything because there is nothing there to feel, and how the hell do these bands pop up out of nowhere, I mean its clear as daylight that record labels mass produce these alternative acts and set them free on the world to bring them in more money, and the pathetic thing is they deny it, the bands I mean, they talk about how its all about the music, then they go on and show off their house, I mean if that's not commercial, than what is?!?!?!?!

disclaimer: this post is not meant to offend anybody who listens to any band that might fit the what is sid in the post, I respect your right to listen to whatever you wish.

I wanted to publicly apologize to kondor for bagging on classic rock. :blush:

I'm currently listening to Slick Idiot, Cradle of Filth, DJ Icey and DJ X-Dream.

I listen to...The Beatles, they are my favorite band. I usually listen to oldies if I don't listen to oldies, which I have not listened to recently because of all the commercials. I listen to talk radio or NPR (National Public Radio) which is very good, when they don't tell you news or interviews they play classical or jazz.

I've always been attracted to more working class punk rock bands, or rockabilly/psychobilly bands. Like.. Social Distortion, The Clash, Roger Miret & The Disasters, Tiger Army, Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros, The Living End, Mike Ness, Billy Bragg, Lars & The Bastards, U.S. Bombs, Agnostic Front, Justin Sane, Anti-Flag, Dropkick Murphys, Bouncing Souls, Flogging Molly, Rancid, and even some great rock n' roll musicians like Johnny Cash or Buddy Holly.. even Elvis Costello.

The Clash are one of the greatest bands ever, I was shocked when I heard Joe Strummer passed away.....

kleptic: you should download a few songs of GBH or The meatmen, they really rock. And, for some trash-punk rock, a global threat is really awesome.

:punk: