freek

New York Man Indicted for Hacking Verizon Computer

42 posts in this topic

prism, decoder doesnt care now man. its out. u cannot stop people from talking about it and shit. he just doesnt want to be personally contracted or anything over this right now. emmanuel doesnt come to this board so we really cant do anything about that here. just chill man dont get so pissed off at other people over this.

Has it crossed your mind that maybe Decoder doesn't want to become the Kevin Mitnick of phreaking?

... you guys shouldn't even be talking about this on public forums.. it could hurt not only decoder but other people as well.

yeah, but maybe he doesn't want to spend five years in jail, I"m on the effert to get his time shorted, or find a technicality to get him off.

He might not even return to speak or even thank us, we could never hear from him again, but...

quote Majest|c

No fucking shit .. no way I can let a brother fall down!

turn that "I" to a "WE," Maybe I'm just taking this all difrently than others, or maybe we might help.

of course i don't want him to spend any time in jail for this BS. But i want people to respect his wishes of privacy...

let's think of ways we can help him and when the time is right and he consents then we could put our ideas in action. But it wouldn't be wise to start doing crazy shit right now without knowing the entire situation.

We should off on the protest until we verify that he has been prosecuted. If he ends up in jail I'm gonna be pissed. Just don't try to contact him, like ntheory said. I anything really bad happens, I will document it on my site . Just hope nothing too bad goes down, and remember be careful. You might want to document all this, and possibly submit it to phrack world news or a similar place.

so, are you saying that we know for a fact, that decoder wishes that we don't bother with this issue at all, and leave him alone? His name is out there, nothing will change that, I respect privacy, but I don't like people having bad things happen to them for bullshit reasons.

so, are you saying that we know for a fact, that decoder wishes that we don't bother with this issue at all, and leave him alone? His name is out there, nothing will change that, I respect privacy, but I don't like people having bad things happen to them for bullshit reasons.

All I'm saying is, if need be, I am gonna face this shit! :grr:

So we're supposed to just stop and ignore the fact that Decoder's name has appeared in a shitload of papers nationwide?

hmmm. well of the hook was still interesting tonight....

so, are you saying that we know for a fact, that decoder wishes that we don't bother with this issue at all, and leave him alone? His name is out there, nothing will change that, I respect privacy, but I don't  like people having bad things happen to them for bullshit reasons.

All I'm saying is, if need be, I am gonna face this shit! :grr:

that was not directed at you.

Tomorrow is a new day, we will see what will happen here, and there.

I'm now finding it hard to tell who won't accept this and wants to do something.

maybe I'm missing something with this privacy thing, his name is out there, that won't change.

Edit by StankDawg: Thanks for the suggestions. I am back from HOPE and our moderating team will take over moderating this forum. Thank you for acting as temporary moderator while we were out.

ive met and talked to decoder and i know how much he values his privacy...like i said it'd be better not to do anything...

if anyone talks to him send him my best wishes...

i know i dont post here much nor do i know decoder beyond talking with him in a phone conf for abotu 5 minutes once but i want to say that i feel for him... Also, he knows we all are here for him if he needs it, and he knows where to call so untill that time comes when he asks for help we should stay out of it. Once again, good luck to you decoder...

Nyx

The more publicity he gets the better "example" he will make, but I think that this topic is relevant and that talk about it shouldn't be squelched, what should be squelched is any attempt to whip this up into a hysteria or attract attention to it. What's happening here is a pretty major event in our scene and demonstrates like nothing else before that we are growing into a community of a size that is beginning to register on public radar, and that we should be carefull.

Oh, I think the story that the board just "Randomly" fucked up and deleted that thread is bullshit. If you want to squelch a thread then at least be honest about it and about your reasons for doing so, rather than just making it dissapear and disavowing all knowledge of it. That's just insulting. I guess I could be wrong. If anyone else can give an example of where the board randomly fucked up and "lost" an important thread in the past I'll eat my words.

Oh, I think the story that the board just "Randomly" fucked up and deleted that thread is bullshit. If you want to squelch a thread then at least be honest about it and about your reasons for doing so, rather than just making it dissapear and disavowing all knowledge of it. That's just insulting. I guess I could be wrong. If anyone else can give an example of where the board randomly fucked up and "lost" an important thread in the past I'll eat my words.

Its happened before, a threat I posted just {poof} gone. Maybe that wasn't the case, but it happened before so I put that out there as a possability.

And I didn't know it was a direct request from decoder to stay away from this. I wasn't talking about invadeing and digging through his life. I don't want to take away privacy, I wasn't going to make a big deal about it so he would make an example (I don't want decoder to be the next mitnick) or get alot of press for this crap, I just thought some how , behind the scenes, we could make something happen (what? I don't know, but five years is an injustice).

I wish him luck today.

I don't really know him. But anyone that talks to him, give him my best wishes and tell him good luck for me.

OK, I just got back in town and I am going to end this thread with a polite version of what others have said. Why they have to treat people like DICKS while delivering the same message, I don't know, but anyway...

Anyway, I have been friends with Decoder for a while now and we speak almost daily throughout everything that is going on. I spent a lot of time with him over the past few days and the bottom line is the SAME bottom line that we have been telling you on the radio show and in these very forums for the past couple of months. DECODER HAS A PERSONAL ISSUE TO DEAL WITH AND WE ASK THAT YOU RESPECT HIS PRIVACY! That is it. We have been saying that over and over, and I am saying it again. Stay away from this whole thing until it plays itself out. Decoder has a lawyer and he is doing everything he can right now to help out his cause. Any actions by ANYONE ELSE OTHER THAN DECODER will be detrimental right now.

If Decoder wants anyone's help, he will make it known or we will make it known for him. Until then, please just continue doing what we have asked you to do for months now out of respect for Decoder and just stay out of it.

Also, I am not stifling anyones "free speech" so don't give me that line. I am keeping you all from doing 2 things. First, Implicating yourselves in something that you are not involved in that may land *you* in trouble and second, keeping anyone from doing something stupid which will only hurt Decoders case.

I am sure Decoder *does* appreciate the support. I know everyone is trying to help, and I know it is sincere, but it is not the thing to do right now. I hope everyone understands.

And if anyone doesnt like these forums and they way we run them, GTFO! And I mean that with all of my deepest sincerity. :go: