Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hacnslash

Longhorn

33 posts in this topic

well, i did fix it, but considering a new build just came out (4008) im not gonna use that, im just gonna use this new build, that ppl say doesnt need any fixing (hopefully they're right, if they're not, Im gonna use a cdrw anyway, so I can fuck up at it all i want).

well, i did fix it, but considering a new build just came out (4008) im not gonna use that

how can you tell what build you have? the filename on mine was code name longhorn.iso

well, if you install it it will say the build in the bottom right corner of your desktop. A better way is to try and right click on different exe files, see if under properties they have the compay (microsoft) or version/build. I really dont know, well actually if all else fails, how big is it, if its 528 529 539 megs its build 3683, if its around 544 megs its 4008, btw 4008 comes in a rar file, well, at least the one im gettin.

mine is in a nero image.... its about 680Megs!!!

I bet that the new windows will have middle button usage. And a lot of other things that linux has, kids at school are saying it will have vitrual desktops, that is the basis for my opinion.

they are implementing a new file system. WinFS is suppose to be much better than NTFS. should be really interesting to see what the final product will be.

I heard the same thing about virtual desktops, and isn't NTFS a journaled file system??