Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hacnslash

Longhorn

33 posts in this topic

Has anybody here tried the leaked alpha longhorn version and lived thrgough it, I am considering getting it anfd trying an install after I have found a really good guide to fixing the ISO, here it is:

http://www.iexbeta.com/longhorn/bootcd.html

If anubody has done I would like to hear your account, thanks in advance

it has everything to fix the iso except the iso it self.

What, are you referring to the link??

If you are, yeah youre right, they don't provide the iso for ahem "legal" reasons, but there are other places you can get it.

yes, you can try edonkey, thats where I heard that there's a few good copies floatin aroiund, also you can email me and I'll give you an irc server and channel thats handing them out, I dont wanna post it because I ve heard of message boards gettin shut down for ppl postin this info, so mail me, if stank is ok with me posting it right here, I will do it, but unless he says so...

the irc method is slow, and not just snail slow, turtle trippin on shit slow, I have been waitin for like 6 hours in queue, anyway...

i'm getting it from p2p... not turtle trippin on shit slow but its still slow. probably d/l for 20hrs now!! :)

What client are you usin? cuz IRC is not workin for me at all, i have had big problems, and got banned from the channel for 15 minutes for hammerin the fserver, of course I wasn't.....

anyway, what p2p client are you using?

I am trying to get it off of edonkey, and I have found a lot of copies but they wont frickin download, goddamn ehorse, I mean donkey, well Im still in queue on irc, too bad its not really going fast enough.

DC++ baby!!!! i searched it and it came up with about 100 iso's and the crack for activation!

damn it, I desperately need some 5 gigs of crap so I can get on dc++, tha thing is I have dc++ but none of the good hubs'll let me one cuz I dont have enough crap to share, well anyway, I'll get that damn longhorn piece o crap somehow...

whoo finally I have 1.2 gigs and Ive found some hubs with only a one gig limit, this kicks ass, but on what hub did you find longhorn?

one of the 25-30 gig ones.... you do know with plusplus you can get on multiple hubs right? make sure you don't have "only show open slots" clicked.... everyone is trying to get this ( because its free ) so most ppl that have it have no open slots.

about your share..... share your windows folder.... they don't check it on log on they have to physically search your share!! probably give you another gig and a half..

hmm, sweet, thanks for the info, actually I was thinking of copying my windows folder like 10 times to be able to get into the really big hubs...they're prolly gonna figure it out in a couple of days ans kick me out, but thats just about enough time I need to get longhorn, btw I was using ice chat for an irc client, and I had been queued up for like 8 hours before my turn finally came, but I had previously tried to get the longhorn iso and it stalled after like a minute but I forgot to delete the 500 kilobyte iso file that had downloaded, so this dumbass chat client when propmted for a dcc send if the file exists in the downloads folder it will just ignore the dcc send, and me not being home I couldn't do anything so now I am tryiing to get back in queue, but I cant access the fserver anymore, prolly cuz of all the traffic, dammit, I hate this, well maybe copying and pasting the windows folder like 10 times will help.....

i don't think it would be a couple days.... more like a couple hours. and if you have a big share they might check it right away. I was reading the forum @ dc++ and they have a script that will pick out the windows folder and auto-kick/ban them.... but i have not seen alot of hubs that use this script

well anyway forget dc++ for longhorn, I am gettin it right now from IRC, I have about 8 hours to go, well the wait will probably not pay off one bit, but itll be fun anyway...

i had to stop my transfer due to my box needing a rest! :) and i havn't found the same file name since... so i have to start over... hopefully someone on dc++ has it w/ a high speed.... like 100kbs or higher would be nice!! :D

yeah, right now I'm going at 5-7-8 kilobytes a second, it aint turtle trippin on shit slow, but, but it could be better, like 16-20 kb's that would be much better.

yea it a difference a few days to a few hours!! :D i was downloading from someone the other day going 120 kps and i was in heaven. i opened his list and went to town!! i got a few anime series @ about 10 mins an ep, a few text files for shits and giggles. i love it when i find someone that has a speed compareable to their type of connection!!

Yeah baby, I finally got the mirc resume feature to work and I have about 2 hours left to download, stupid me didn't know I had to register my nick in order to be able to "talk" to the fserver which is what I had attempted to do every time I tried to resume a download, this kicks so much ass...wooh yeah baby Im gettin longhorn........what the fuck is wrong with me, oh my god I am happy for gettin a windows pre alpha os, well no Im really just a very very curious person.

what the fuck is wrong with me, oh my god I am happy for gettin a windows pre alpha os, well no Im really just a very very curious person.

pronounced as ...hacker ;)

Holy shit man, build 4008 is out, go here:

irc.dhcnetwork.com

#windozxp

very nice file server there, I wonder if this build is better than 3683....

Well, my new pc is here, i will get to installing it once the weekend rolls in.

hey hacnslash... did you end up fixing the iso? mine was already fixed when i d/led it! put in my box and loaded up and everything... haven't tried to install it yet.