Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Belgarath

Free Hardware.

95 posts in this topic

ooooh, fooy, It ran off with the fork and the spoon. that sucks, but I do think you deserve and nice work for helping out the animals, plus who want crap lying around, you should save one and only one and get some nice fire works.

Edited by phreakblaze

I feel bad about the ATT monitor. You want anything else? You still get dibs on it if I find it of course.

Last night I made a pile for keyboards. Some are ps2. Some are ATX. A large number of them are steel plated on the back. Some are IBM manufacture. Old school.

I'm getting close to having my place back. Without the stack of monitors that I got rid of yesterday a part of the wall that has not seen daylight in a while will be a place for my cat to sit in the sun. I just still have 3 I need to get rid of and I can stop tripping over them.

I also went through a stack of PSU's. Most of them are 200-250 watt ATX and I have yet to test them. But they should work since the last time I had a bad PSU I threw it out.

Do you have any AT PSUs? i need one for the one i fried, and i dont want to pay the high prices that i have seen online.

I am in need of a few things:

1) zip drive one that will fit in a 3.5 bay

2) floppy drive also fit in a 3.5 bay

3) I dont _need_ but I would like to get my hands on a 8-24x cd drive or a 8x dvd drive.

4) A good sturdy keyboard that isnt to 'sticky' sticky meaning the keys are easy to press, also Id like to get one without all the internet buttons...

ERROR!

I have a 100MB zip drive for a 3.5 slot with 2 zip disks (i think)

I dont know if i wanna give it away for free but id trade for something cheap or w/e.

I'm still interested in the 5.25" software. If I can get a list of what you have I'll let you know if I need/want it.

Do you have any AT PSUs? i need one for the one i fried, and i dont want to pay the high prices that i have seen online.

I have a stack of them here. All of them in one pile are old school AT with the p8 and p9 connectors. What is the MIN power rating you need in watts? PM me the info I need and I can look into the shipping costs.

I know you haven't mentioned that you have such a thing, but if you run across a 5.25 floppy drive for a PC, I could use one.

Also, I have for some time been looking for the oldest, klunkiest ATX keyboard I can find. It would help add some atmosphere to my setup. If possible, it should be one with a 'Return' key insted of 'Enter', as well as other old-school names/layouts.

I found the AT&T Monitor under a stack of magazines. PM me so we can start on getting it out to you.

I haven’t forgotten about this thread. I'm really giving out hardware its just slow going and things have been crazy around here.

I found out the real reason I had to get rid of stuff: My refrigerator blew up and started gushing freon-30, yes freon-30 or so the guy says.

If the items I had managed to get rid of had still been here they would have never been able to get the unit out of my apartment.

Edited by Belgarath

i'm in desperate need of a working isa video card with a 15 pin port. If you have one that you can send it'd be great, if not then i guess i'll keep lookin :)

The main problem I am having is people are all for 'wanting' free hardware - But not one so far is willing to drop there docs or even a PO Box I can use to send it to.

If I have no address I can't ship it out, and in the case of shipping I need at least a paypal to bill. Like I said it' free but I am not paying shipping costs.

I understand I have not been around for as long as some of you so to illicit trust if any of you feel better having my brother know your shipping information instead of me having it then PM it to WhiteRaven and he can get me the info I need so I can have your item shipped out.

I'm also still waiting for the info I need to ship out this AT&T monitor-thing. No one seems interesting in following through except for me.

I sent you a PM. You didnt get the list? Tell me the rating and I will see what I can do.

heh, i did not get any list. sure you sent it to me? ;)

um how about the highest you got?

Do you have any ATA CD-ROMs? I realize I may not qualify but my friend Inferno needs a CD drive for the freedom uplink server Hal, which is currently without one. We can pay shipping, can you ship to canada?

Onon 8201 Multi-Terminal Access Units(2)

With PS/header cables , no docs.

You pay shipping.

let me know if ya want em.

Freedom uplink server? What is that?

I can ship any place the local post office/fedx/ups/shipping places will let me. Worldwide should not be a problem if I have the funds for shipping.

When you say ATA CDROM do you mean a normal 80pin IDE cdrom? Or is this a special connector?

I have in front of me the following AT power supplies offhand:

(Power) (Brand)

230wattmax PREMIER

200wattmax HIPRO

250wattmax SH (Nice and shiny too!)

I have not tested any of these yet. I also have a small stack of ATX psu's.

ATA and IDE are analouges. I've been posting on developer forums lately where IDE has another meaning, so when we talk drives we use ATA. Yes standard 80 pin. For one of the servers that runs www.freedom-uplink.org.

ATA and IDE are analouges. I've been posting on developer forums lately where IDE has another meaning, so when we talk drives we use ATA. Yes standard 80 pin. For one of the servers that runs www.freedom-uplink.org.

You set up the server yourself? Not all your hostnames are seen by your current apache configuration. I suggest you set it to defualt on to your main site if it can not find a host to match the request.

I have a stack of cdrom drives next to my foot. I may be able to help you out since:

1). I see no warez whore or script kiddy posts on your sites forum.

2). Google says Non profit sites link to you.

3). Google says that you are a non-profit "Organization fighting for rights & freedoms online for everyone. Using the internet as a global medium of communication."

What speed min can you use? Most of them are not very fast.

i need ram more than anything,,im running on a 128mb right now,,and its just not applicable for the things i want to do,,like run visual c++ and other software at the same time,,also if you have a graphics card that is above a nvidia tnt 2 pro, that would be great, im running a amd 1.2 gig,,ill pay whatever for shipping,,,thanks man, hope you can help

I think some of our servers are down. Anyway, hal(the main server) is being moved as his owner does, so right now there is no shipping address. Any speed will work as its for base installs only.

USED Cell phone parts/batteries/chargers/cases/clips/BOOKS and pagers.

Sorry i can't do complete working phones! I get boxes full each month. I can't pay shipping, since i expect a lot of people here will want things sorry. It's all legally obtained as well. I volunteer tech help for a non-profit organization that provides Emergency Use Cells Phones to the elderly and battered women. They get boxes and boxes of "useless accessories" and they give them to me to do with as i wish. I WONT TRY TO PROMOTE THEM UNLESS STANK SAYS I CAN. Just explaining where they come from is all.

EDIT : Items will be shipped in bright red/orange wrapping paper to make DROPS easier. (unless you request that they are not)

Edited by bovinefeces

Nice to see that others are getting in the spirit of things!

riscphree and I are working out the shipping details for his power supply. If he gets the info I sent him by tomorrow morning I can ship it out that afternoon.

So scratch the SH 250 watt AT PSU off my list of available parts.

Does the color of the faceplate for the CD-ROM drive matter? Some people get strange when it comes to that and every one I have has a different color faceplate.

Ok got a few old cell phones in now too. 7 KYOCERA QCP 2035a cell phones marked Verizon, (3 of them still in box. with charger/case/book).